shape
carat
color
clarity

My mom''s TDF new ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Love your description, popcorn! It is like that. Thanks :)

icet

Rough_Rock
WOW!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Icet,
1.gif
!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aughhhh!!!! That is so beautiful! I agree, the work is amazing, and that setting sets off the stone really well!

This will have to be a little project that I need to save up for...
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My goodness! i don''t know how i miss this thread, OOhhh I''m just drooling over this ring,, it''s so gorgeous! tell you mom congrats on a beauty,,

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Yimmers!

Will do, DannyandTerry! Thanks!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elmorton, thank you SO MUCH for posting new pics of your Mom''s ring! I love, love, LOVE it!!! So much!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
How on EARTH did I miss this! That is one truly awesome ring! Just - Wow.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to see this beauty!!! that''s on my wish list now! I"m loving the amazing cut! it is mesmerizing like someone else mentioned. drool.... drool...drool
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
No prob, Lauren! Thanks for the compliments!!

Glad you found it, Gecko
1.gif
Thanks!

DannyandTerry, haha, it''s on my wishlist, too!! I told my mom and DH that I''d been scouting around on Richard''s site, looking for the same cut, smaller weight, and they both said "NOOOO!!" but we''ll see...I''d love to have mini-version of it...ohhh, like a lavender sapphire...oh well, a girl can dream.
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 2:40:56 PM
Author: Elmorton
No prob, Lauren! Thanks for the compliments!!

Glad you found it, Gecko
1.gif
Thanks!

DannyandTerry, haha, it''s on my wishlist, too!! I told my mom and DH that I''d been scouting around on Richard''s site, looking for the same cut, smaller weight, and they both said ''NOOOO!!'' but we''ll see...I''d love to have mini-version of it...ohhh, like a lavender sapphire...oh well, a girl can dream.
2.gif
oooh that would be so much fun!!! and lavender sapphire,, gorgeous,,You''ve got great taste!

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a cool stone! I love seeing it go from CADs to real life. It looks awesome on your mom''s hand! What a great RHR! I hope she enjoys it as much as we do.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Didiamond!!!

DannyandTerry - here''s an amethyst (way too big) but the color is perfect...

RHAmethysthex1.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh gorgeous,, I went on his site, and I love...love...love...love...did i mention love the gems... I showed my hubby and told him that I"m getting one ...in the future of course... Thanks for posting the beauty.. it is DELICIOUS!!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Danny, well I''m glad my mom and I could help you out with your next project!! But do give my apologies to your husband.
2.gif

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 12:41:55 AM
Author: Elmorton
Thank you jstar, Skippy, princess, beaglemom, flygirl, onvacation, and Lauren -

I can''t wait for my mom to see it - I think she''ll be really, really in love. This is the first piece of jewelry that she''s ever had made, and I only hope she had as much fun with the process as I did.

Onvacation - think of it as a blessing in disguise...I think it''s impossible to leave a round table empty handed! It was an amazing experience. Near the end, Richard passes around stones that he considers ''better'' than the ones he has in the Smithsonian. He and his wife are both truly lovely people, and you can tell that Richard loves to share his work, and even more, loves seeing all of our faces as we open up each of the little tissue packets containing his stones. Definitely go next time you have a chance!

Lauren, I''m glad you do!! I sent my mom practically every photo of your ring that I could find once she told me she wanted a bezel. As you know, I really admire your taste and I''m so glad you shared your ring here on PS - it made it a lot easier for me to communicate with my mom/communicate with the jeweler when my mom had photos in front of her that were similar to what she was describing.

Teehee, thanks for replying! I''ve been away from PS for the past two weeks, and I must say those hand shots were worth the wait! How''s your mother doing with the ring? I just banged my e-ring into the dryer really hard last night, and was so freaked out that my yelp had my husband running out to check on me! Totally reminded me of your mother''s ring ;-) It seriously looks better on her hand than by it''s lonely self. I believe Richard will be coming back in December... I''d better start saving up!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Wow...definitely TDF!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
OnVacation, Oh no! I hope your hand (and ring) were OK! :) I haven''t heard much from mom about it - she''s been on Spring Break, so I''m guessing this week she was just hanging around the house in sweats a lot :) But I may hear about it on Monday - I have a feeling she''ll wear it back to school, because I know she''s told her friends about the project. I think she''ll end up being OK, but mostly because she''s being aware that it''s on her finger. It''s a hard ring to forget that you''re wearing, haha.

Thanks, princesss!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was looking through the color stone solitaire thread and saw your mom''s ring. I LOVE it...totally mesmerizing. Just an awesome ring!!!

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
Wow, now THAT''S a ring....the stone is beautiful!
36.gif
Your mum is certainly a lucky lady!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results