shape
carat
color
clarity

My mom''s TDF new ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
What an absolutely beautiful one of a kind ring!!! It speaks volumes about you and your mom''s good taste and the wonderful relationship you two have.
36.gif
35.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
This was in Champaign IL???? No way! I live in IL. That''s probably a 3 hour drive for me. I looked online but the roundtables don''t list the actual name of the person. WHEN will he be back?? I MUST go! Seriously. Gotta plan now. I''m intrigued by the roundtables, but I want the name of the person. For example - the one in June seems to be interesting, but who is it? Am I missing some info here?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hoofbeats, I think Christopher asks Richard to come every year - I went in November, and I''m pretty sure he said something about it usually being around Christmas. If you search PS, there''s a thread by someone who took photos of a round table with Richard Homer, so you can get a feel for what it''s like - it''s a really, really cool event to go to. You could probably also e-mail Richard directly and ask when he''ll be closest to your location.

Aww, Isaku, thanks!! And thanks Lori!

Gypsy, I laughed out loud at your comment - I know my mom is going to laugh too!! Thanks so much :)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Incredible! I just LOVE the color of that stone!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a cool stone....neat cut, like a little flower inside!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Vesper and Tberube! Btw, Tberube, I love your new avatar!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Love the rose gold!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty...your mom is a lucky lady!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your mothers ring is gorgeous!!! I know she will be thrilled when she sees it.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
such a cool ring, love the pink!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG, your mom''s ring had him looking at the website for those awesome jems. I heart it all!!!

Now I want to get a gem and make a right hand ring!!!
30.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 8:49:31 AM
Author: rainydaze
stunning - the bezel around that shape is just to-die-for!!
My thoughts exactly!!
30.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks for the comments, Kelli, Rhb, Dana, Linda, DMB, Yimmers, and Musey! I was out of town for a few days and didn''t have the chance to respond. I''m glad everyone loves the bezel so much! My mom was really nervous about it being too thick, but I think the ring has turned out to be in exact proportions.

Yimmers - isn''t Richard''s work amazing? I try not to visit his wesbite too often because it''s lust city. Plus, the photos on his site don''t do the actual stones justice. They absolutely speak aloud in person.

Mom''s coming this evening, so I''m going to go pick up the ring for her in a few minutes - will definitely be back later this afternoon with a ton of photos!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa! Your mum''s ring is spellbinding! The stone and setting are incredible. Gorgeous!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Pixley! It really is spellbinding...for the few moments I''ve had it on my finger, it''s impossible to stop staring into it!

And, I picked it up!!! But...they asked me if I wanted to have it wrapped, and I said yes....
7.gif
So no new photos until this evening at the earliest, but probably tomorrow.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your mother isn''t the shy, retiring type, because that ring is going to get her all kinds of attention and compliments! It''s a work of art -- thank you for sharing it with us!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Haha, VRBeauty...no, she is not shy, but funny you should use the word "retiring" because she''s in her last two months of teaching - I told her that this was quite the way to celebrate a retirement!!

Anyway, she and my dad just left - and I''m so glad to report that she LOVES the ring!! I knew she would, but I was a little nervous that there might be something she still wanted changed. She was a little nervous at first to wear it (maybe I overdid it with telling her to be careful?!) but this morning I talked her into wearing it when we went to the farmer''s market and I got a TON, TON of photos - so what follows is going to be about a dozen more shots!

First up -

mamasrht1.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
the two-tone gallery

mamasrht2.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock

mamasrht3.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock

mamasrht4.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
This is my favorite thing about Richard''s concave cuts...the way the stone looks in shadows is absolutely amazing.

mamasrht5.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock

mamasrht6.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock

mamasrht7.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
In morning sunlight

mamasrht8.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Side view

mamasrht9.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
With wedding set -
My mom's e-ring is in her words, a "small half" (so probably around .47-9?) rb in yellow gold with plat prongs that my dad proposed with in 1973 or 74. It sits very low and is on a super thin band (the wedding band is more like a wrap and she had them fused together a few years ago, but it's still a very delicate look) - so we knew that this ring was going to overpower it just a bit (hence the name "the ring pop!") but she did want the styles to work together in some way - fluid lines etc. While it IS a pretty big visual difference, I do think the rings compliment each other in style a little bit.

Oh! And I should mention that I think the ring was sized at a 7.5 or 7.75, rose gold euro shank.

mamasrht10.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Just a couple more -

mamasrht11.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Last one!!

mamasrht12.jpg

anyname

Shiny_Rock
that is such a beautifully unique stone and cut! I half expect it to start moving. It''s just so mesmerizing and it looks wonderful on your mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results