shape
carat
color
clarity

My modest new upgrade!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11 - just sitting tight waiting for more inventory. Another G VS1 came and went before I even saw the email, but still planning to visit our SA in about two weeks. Looking forward to that trip!

I wish you the best! Can’t wait to see what you pick out.

mochidiamonds

Rough_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11 and @MamaBee I just emailed Michelle with my setting decision. :) It wasn’t an easy one to make since there’s so many nice options. Lol. Now, on to the details, what mods, setting height and prong tips did you both request and are you happy with your choices? Thanks a million for all your help throughout this process!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11 and @MamaBee I just emailed Michelle with my setting decision. :) It wasn’t an easy one to make since there’s so many nice options. Lol. Now, on to the details, what mods, setting height and prong tips did you both request and are you happy with your choices? Thanks a million for all your help throughout this process!

@mochidiamonds Exciting! I hope you love it! I didn’t set a height because the diamond is deep enough. They set it so it just sits in the setting nicely...regular height. I didn’t ask for anything specific about the prong tips because I was happy with the way they set my last Valoria...I didn’t do any modifications to the setting..I just did mine in 18k white gold this time because I like that metal the best. Platinum gets a gray patina which I’m not a fan of. I like settings to be shiny..and I didn’t want to have to keep getting the platinum polished. I’m very happy with mine. I love the way the prongs curve over the diamond. I think the curve depends on what your diamond width is though..I can’t wait to see yours!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
@MissGotRocks - they told me 4-5 days turnaround time. They will try to expedite it.

IMO, send that thing back! You want to love your ring and you don’t. This is not a small, inexpensive ring— this is a 2 carat masterpiece. My new stone is a tad smaller than yours, but I can guess what you paid for this ring. It should look like a masterpiece. If it were me, it would bug me more and more each day. Just send it back. I think the wait time will be worth it. But, ask your SA to do everything possible to expedite it. I am not in love with the email that WF sent you about the 3 step quality control process. But, they are willing to fix it so that is great. I would not hesitate at all about using WF insurance or shipping it. I know it is scary, but it is done all the time. Send it back and grab a bottle of wine or two (heck, make it 3) to get you through the wait.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

Medium -low, delicate prongs. So you ordered the Valoria?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
IMO, send that thing back! You want to love your ring and you don’t. This is not a small, inexpensive ring— this is a 2 carat masterpiece. My new stone is a tad smaller than yours, but I can guess what you paid for this ring. It should look like a masterpiece. If it were me, it would bug me more and more each day. Just send it back. I think the wait time will be worth it. But, ask your SA to do everything possible to expedite it. I am not in love with the email that WF sent you about the 3 step quality control process. But, they are willing to fix it so that is great. I would not hesitate at all about using WF insurance or shipping it. I know it is scary, but it is done all the time. Send it back and grab a bottle of wine or two (heck, make it 3) to get you through the wait.

Sent it back last Wednesday and got it back today. All is good! I can breathe easy now. And hahaha about the bottle of wine. Thanks, @NicoleNeedsHelp.

mochidiamonds

Rough_Rock

@Dmndsr4evr11, so happy you got your ring back and can now enjoy it. I ordered! :) @Dmndsr4evr11 Thanks for letting me know what you requested. I’m wondering if I need to make a request on the side profile of the prongs. I noticed @MamaBee and yours has a different curve. Seems like yours is gently curved and and hers has more of a hook and her prong tip hooks up and then lays on top. I like both styles, but not sure I need to make a request, it might just be whatever the jeweler that sets the stone likes and I can end up getting a third rendition or maybe it’s because the metal type??

Last edited:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11, so happy you got your ring back and can now enjoy it. I ordered! :) @Dmndsr4evr11 Thanks for letting me know what you requested. I’m wondering if I need to make a request on the side profile of the prongs. I noticed @MamaBee and yours has a different curve. Seems like yours is gently curved and and hers has more of a hook and her prong tip hooks up and then lays on top. I like both styles, but not sure I need to make a request, it might just be whatever the jeweler that sets the stone likes and I can end up getting a third rendition or maybe it’s because the metal type??

Her stone is larger than mine so I think that makes her look a little more curved than mine. Can’t wait to see yours.

Lani

Rough_Rock
Incredibly beautiful diamond and I love how you paired it! Enjoy!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your beauty! Hope more hand shots will follow.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, @daisygrl. I think I already did too much hahaa. It’s on page 3, I think. :). How’s your upgrade going?

I am still waiting for my upgrade (being indecisive is not helping at all, as I really love my stone - except for her size).
I went through your pics, your diamond is absolutely beautiful - so clear and white! Feel free to share more, even with some fire.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I am still waiting for my upgrade (being indecisive is not helping at all, as I really love my stone - except for her size).
I went through your pics, your diamond is absolutely beautiful - so clear and white! Feel free to share more, even with some fire.

Thanks! Your ring is absolutely stunning. DSS is definitely real hahaha. Although I’d love something bigger, it’s just not conducive to my lifestyle. If I ever upgrade again, it will be absolutely be max 8.8 to 9mm. Good luck with your search and ultimate decision.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Your ring is absolutely stunning. DSS is definitely real hahaha. Although I’d love something bigger, it’s just not conducive to my lifestyle. If I ever upgrade again, it will be absolutely be max 8.8 to 9mm. Good luck with your search and ultimate decision.

Thank you! Lol, yours is already bigger than mine. Mine is 8.25 so I would be more than content with 9mm. :lol:

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock

@Dmndsr4evr11, I love your Valoria! I have ordered one as well and I'm trying to decide what requests (if any) to make when it is set. Would you consider your prongs to be rounded or petite claw? I honestly can't tell which style I prefer from pictures and yours almost look in between. Not sure if I should just leave it to the jeweler to decide. I do know that I want to request them to be delicate.

I thought picking the stone was the hard part but now I'm stuck on this!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11, I love your Valoria! I have ordered one as well and I'm trying to decide what requests (if any) to make when it is set. Would you consider your prongs to be rounded or petite claw? I honestly can't tell which style I prefer from pictures and yours almost look in between. Not sure if I should just leave it to the jeweler to decide. I do know that I want to request them to be delicate.

I thought picking the stone was the hard part but now I'm stuck on this!

Thank you, @Decision_Decisions. I just told my SA I wanted delicate prongs. Didn’t specify which type. I think it is whatever Valoria type prong is what it is. I just specified I wanted it to look delicate but durable.
Good luck! It is a beautiful setting. Are you planning to get it in platinum as well? I heard the gold seems lightweight but my platinum feels substantial to me but not heavy.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @Decision_Decisions. I just told my SA I wanted delicate prongs. Didn’t specify which type. I think it is whatever Valoria type prong is what it is. I just specified I wanted it to look delicate but durable.
Good luck! It is a beautiful setting. Are you planning to get it in platinum as well? I heard the gold seems lightweight but my platinum feels substantial to me but not heavy.

@Decision_Decisions - I just looked at my email to my SA and I said petite, delicate prongs. It doesn’t look as bulky as in the photos. The photos are up close so they look bigger than in real life. They are perfect for me as I don’t like too much metal.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
@Decision_Decisions - I just looked at my email to my SA and I said petite, delicate prongs. It doesn’t look as bulky as in the photos. The photos are up close so they look bigger than in real life. They are perfect for me as I don’t like too much metal.

I agree, I don't like the look of too much metal wrapping around the side/top of the diamond and that is how so many of them look in the examples on WF. My SA told me that it is up to the jeweler to decide how the prong tips are finished if a request is not made, so she made it sound like there is no "standard" tips that come with the Valoria. I will be going with 14k white gold because I spent all my money on the stone so I need to go as cheap as possible! I have never had a solitaire or a 6 prong setting before so I just wanted somethings reasonably priced to try out. I'm impressed with the price point of this setting considering the pretty curve of the shoulders and the head. I'm so happy to have read the threads on here where people have said that they are surprised by how much they love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results