shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My luscious peridot from Precision Gems!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
YUMMMMMYYY!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous green color... love it.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that green is amazing -- it GLOWS! I was sort of "eh" when I saw the pic on his website a few days ago . . . but wow. I''ve lost my vocabulary! lol

I am v.strictly an apple-green fan instead of olive, but I don''t see any objectionable olive tones in any of those pics. And . . . I sort of DO like the yellow prongs against it.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thanks everyone for your comments - I enjoyed reading them all! I will take your words of caution to heart and try to find a protective setting that my jeweler can manage.

A couple more pics to follow!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Although I didn''t actually dislike it, I never really thought much of peridot, probably because this is what I had in my jewelry box. I cannot find anything good to say about these stones - they''re heavily included, badly cut, and the color reminds me of stagnant pond water.
14.gif
They''re good for size reference, and that''s about it.

ugly peridot.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
The difference between Gene''s stone and the uglies is astounding!

peridot contrast1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
One more...

peridot contrast2.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thats a beautiful stone! It almost looks 3-D on my screen...so pretty!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my is that gooorgeous! Looking forward to seeing what you do w/it! Sure puts the uglies to shame!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A brilliant example of a very fine Peridot. Isn''t it just stunning? I agree with you that I''d put it in w/gold rather than y/gold. I have a similar colour Peridot (from China) in y/gold and somehow it just doesn''t do it justice. I can''t wait to see the finished result.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 2:08:55 PM
Author: tyty333
Wow, thats a beautiful stone! It almost looks 3-D on my screen...so pretty!
thanks, tyty - this stone was remarkably easy to photograph - almost reminds me of a green kaleidoscope!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 2:09:46 PM
Author: packrat
Oh my is that gooorgeous! Looking forward to seeing what you do w/it! Sure puts the uglies to shame!
Hi packrat, thanks! It sure does make my uglies laughable!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 2:22:12 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
A brilliant example of a very fine Peridot. Isn''t it just stunning? I agree with you that I''d put it in w/gold rather than y/gold. I have a similar colour Peridot (from China) in y/gold and somehow it just doesn''t do it justice. I can''t wait to see the finished result.
LD, I''d be interested in seeing your peridot in the YG setting. I do like the looks of theYG prongs beside the stone, but I''m just afraid that a YG basket will heighten any olive tones. I''ve been surprised at how beautiful some of the Chinese peridot is - a very bright, pretty green. Would love to see yours!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and it''s one of my favourite cuts.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - that is a stunner for sure! I''m loving the colour! What are you going to do with it?

I am seriously in need of some apple green peridot in my collection!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 9:03:34 AM
Author: Lovinggems
Beautiful stone and it''s one of my favourite cuts.
Thanks Lg - I think I''m collecting star80s like some people collect asschers. Well, that''s not exactly true, I only have two, lol, but it''s one of my favorite cuts too!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 12:26:50 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Wow - that is a stunner for sure! I''m loving the colour! What are you going to do with it?

I am seriously in need of some apple green peridot in my collection!
Hi Lauren - I''m so glad you like the peridot! You know, it''s a good pendant size, but I really like rings, so I''ll have to see what I can come up with. And seriously, I could have sworn you already had some peridot - can''t believe you don''t, haha!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2009 8:36:31 AM
Author: cellentani

Date: 9/24/2009 2:22:12 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
LD, I''d be interested in seeing your peridot in the YG setting. I do like the looks of theYG prongs beside the stone, but I''m just afraid that a YG basket will heighten any olive tones. I''ve been surprised at how beautiful some of the Chinese peridot is - a very bright, pretty green. Would love to see yours!
I looked to see if I had a picture when I was posting but I don''t. If I get time, I''ll take a few photos this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results