shape
carat
color
clarity

My lovely has gone :'(

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
This is just a sad little moan that I had to get out in a place where others will understand...

A few months ago, my partner asked me to go and research engagement rings and send him some pictures of what I would like. We have a small budget, I would prefer a vintage ring.

I found THE PERFECT ONE. 18 karat gold, a cluster of tiny old cut diamonds. Perfectly within our budget and even almost the right size. I sent hints and a photo to my partner. I thought about it all the time.

Then we went into another covid-related shut down.

Shops are now open and today I went to visit my ring ... and it had been SOLD :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

I know he didn't buy it because he's been working from home this whole time.

I'm so sad!!! The second hand jewellery market is so small here, there's not a lot out there.

:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Aww I'm really sorry to hear that you missed out on your lovely.

Maybe try posting on the preloved section and see if there's anyone willing to part with their rings. I'm not sure where you're from but there was a post recently from someone in the UK and then a whole bunch of rings were posted. Also try Loupetroop.com

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww I am very sorry :(
It wasn't meant to be. Your dream ring is still out there.
Share the stats on what your heart desires and budget and maybe PSers can help you find your dream ring.

Hang in there. Your dream ring is waiting for you!

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
So sad, but who knows. Maybe he made a phone call? But like @missy said, your dream ring is out there and I’m certain PS’s would love to help you find it.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no - that’s sad. But share a picture, there a a lot of excellent PS diamond hunters here that might be able to help find something!

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Aw thanks everyone for your nice replies.

Unfortunately the photo I took on my phone is pretty blurry, but I'll add it below. It was yellow gold, with 9 tiny old cut diamonds in platinum prongs (1 in the centre, 8 around it) and 3 even smaller ones going down each side of the band. Overall, it had a subtle kind of flower shape to it enclosed within a smooth rim of gold. It was approx US$430 which is essentially our budget.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You’re right, it’s a beautiful ring! Now, the good news is that it was a very popular style at the time. We can help you hunt for something in budget. :)

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
“Sale pending,” bit it doesn’t say SOLD yet! Maybe the seller would have something similar if this one is gone as well...

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This one is above your budget, but I wanted to post it. Sometimes these sellers will take offers!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another option that stretches beyond the budget. But still not as nice as the first one. :(

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
This one is really close, definitely has the vibe I'm looking for!

I think that was the closest one but not quite as nice as ring in your photo. I think though out of all the rings posted it is the best looking :) good luck! Also there are lots of people on Instagram and Facebook selling preloved rings all the time as well if you can wait until you find the right one.

CirceofAeaea

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry to hear about this. What a beautiful ring, too -- I love antique clusters!

You've been sent some great choices already, thought I'd add what I found to the mix just in case it was helpful:

This one also has side diamonds (one on each side)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/839931...=sr_gallery-2-33&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/809568...=sr_gallery-1-23&organic_search_click=1&cns=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/847035...llery-1-22&organic_search_click=1&frs=1&cns=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/811808...llery-1-26&organic_search_click=1&frs=1&cns=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/859637...ng&ref=sr_gallery-1-25&organic_search_click=1

This one is probably off the mark, but I think it's really beautiful (though I really love yellow gold); also the seller says rose cut and I'm no expert, but I think only the center is rose cut and the rest are OMCs (or OECs).

Best of luck finding a ring you love!

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the kind words!
It's reassuring to see so many links to similar style rings. I'm still sad that that one is gone and I won't be able to get the exact one I tried on in real life, but I will definitely keep searching online and try to find one that gives me the same happy feelings.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for the suggestions.
I'm still pining for the original one I tried on (silly I know!) but it's nice to see that when I'm ready to seriously find a replacement I can post some suggestions here and get all your advice.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for the suggestions.
I'm still pining for the original one I tried on (silly I know!) but it's nice to see that when I'm ready to seriously find a replacement I can post some suggestions here and get all your advice.

I understabd your heart break
the ring i want has been discontinued
Covid has been dich a b***h on every level
But its good your partner was worming from home and that reduces your risk of enclosure to this blastard virus
Your dream ring or its not quite identical twin will find you somehow
You wilp not be short of help from around here
good luck

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry that one got away. Try not to dwell, as your ring is still out there and often will be better than the one you initially thought you had to have. Hugs.

Mpb1018

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry that ring sold... maybe your partner may surprise you?

Either way, stay optimistic! Your ring will find you one way or another.

I found a few that are similar on Isadoras. The first one I think is really close to the one you posted.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is VERY similar to my grandmothers ring from 1937. This is my most worn RHR despite how delicate it is, and I can see why you love the style. I hope you can find another one :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results