My Leon Mege Paraiba Halo Ring was stolen - Reward Offered

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My Leon Mege Paraiba Halo Ring was stolen - Reward Offer

kenny|1339864527|3217722 said:
junebug17|1339863650|3217708 said:
milton333|1339862499|3217696 said:
Does anyone else think it's odd that we've never seen a picture from OP showing her wearing the ring, or showing it at home? Only a link to Leon's site? Something about all of this just seems off.

I noticed this too.

What are you suggesting?

Seems odd to me - a promise of hand shots, but then nothing until the report of this robbery - I imagine I would post additional pics had I received a ring like this. Low post count too - I don't like to be accusatory, but maybe a troll :confused: Something just seems off to me - my apologies to the OP if I'm off-base.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock

The poster only has a few posts but the two saying it's missing with her studs have different stud carat weights. One says it was with her one carat studs, the other says it was with her 2 carat studs. I don't buy it. You know how big your earrings are.....especially if you own a Leon.

Plus, if this pretty thing happened to fall into my lap $1000 reward wouldn't be enough to pry it out my clammy hands... but it doesn't matter since the poster isn't legitimate.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

makemepretty|1339871460|3217778 said:
The poster only has a few posts but the two saying it's missing with her studs have different stud carat weights. One says it was with her one carat studs, the other says it was with her 2 carat studs. I don't buy it. You know how big your earrings are.....especially if you own a Leon.

Plus, if this pretty thing happened to fall into my lap $1000 reward wouldn't be enough to pry it out my clammy hands... but it doesn't matter since the poster isn't legitimate.

If the poster is not legit what does (s)he stand to gain from starting a thread announcing we keep an eye out for a stolen ring?
The only possibility I see is it being just a troll having some fun, which is, at worse, annoying but nothing more.
Is there a more sinister motive any of you can imagine?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1339873629|3217790 said:
makemepretty|1339871460|3217778 said:

If the poster is not legit what does (s)he stand to gain from a thread like this?

The only possibility I see is it being just a troll having some fun.

this is the only motive I can think of - someone who just gets a kick out of stirring up drama and getting attention.

milton333

Brilliant_Rock

kenny|1339862639|3217698 said:
milton333|1339862499|3217696 said:
Does anyone else think it's odd that we've never seen a picture from OP showing her wearing the ring, or showing it at home? Only a link to Leon's site? Something about all of this just seems off.
What are you suggesting?

I'm suggesting that this poster never owned this ring.

First, numerous posters have pointed out that having more specific information about the center stone, including face-on pictures, will be helpful in recovering the stone, if not the complete ring. This is a perfectly reasonable, helpful suggestion. OP has not responded. This alone is weird.

Surely OP has photographs of this ring. For one, if I recall correctly, this ring was listed for sale at north of $40,000. There must be an appraisal for insurance purposes, no? There would be photographs in connection with insurance. There would be specifics regarding dimensions and inclusions in connection with that appraisal, too. I would have expected this ring to have come with a lab cert for the center stone. How about posting that information?

Secondly, OP specifically came to "show me the bling" several months ago to advertise that he/she had received the ring. Even at that time, the post struck me as odd for lacking any "real life" pictures of said ring. OP said that she received the ring as a gift and had it in her possession at the time of the posting on SMTB. But no pics. While it's not unusual for a poster, usually a man who's purchased a ring for his fiancee, and usually in RT, to post only vendor pics of the completed ring and never hand shots, it's odd for a person who has just received a gift that she has in her possession to post only a link to the vendor's website depicting the ring. OP sounds young enough to have a smartphone, at least. OP was motivated to come here to "show us the bling," but not to snap a single photograph? OP receives a $40k bauble as a gift and doesn't have a single photograph taken to send to friends, post on Facebook, or upload here? Just to document the holiday at which he/she received the gift?

I'm obviously only speculating, as the only information we have is what this poster has written here and done, or failed to do. But I think a finely-tuned BS detector is helpful to one in surfing the intertubes, and mine is pinging pretty hard at all of this.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another strange thing - the OP couldn't even furnish a pic for this thread - pregcurious had to post a pic of the ring. Definitely leaning towards troll.

milton333

Brilliant_Rock

kenny|1339873629|3217790 said:
If the poster is not legit what does (s)he stand to gain from starting a thread announcing we keep an eye out for a stolen ring?
The only possibility I see is it being just a troll having some fun, which is, at worse, annoying but nothing more.

Well, I do have a vivid imagination. Just some random possibilities occur to me.

One, OP actually knows the recipient of the ring. Hey, maybe it's even a friend, or a frenemy, or someone she caught cheating with her boyfriend. And it might be nice to have that person harassed or accused of theft. Seems like long odds, but maybe it's possible that the vast, unseen hoards of internet lurkers on PS might spot the actual owner of the ring and cause her trouble.

Two, for sheer trouble-making fun, maybe the true owner is totally unknown to OP, who can only imagine this type of annoyance being fun as an anonymous web "prank" of some kind.

Three, OP has a need for attention and this kind of internet trolling satisfies it in some way.

But, no, I don't see it as completely harmless if it has the potential to harass the real owner.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

It's Leon himself. He's getting himself press. :tongue:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Milton,
Your reasoning makes a lot of sense and thus, I now question the validity / sincerity of the OP's intention. A ring like that must be insured and I was waiting to hear her tell about contacting the insurance company, yet there's no news of it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

To clarify: I agree with milton, I don't think this person ever owned this ring in the first place. And yes, it's very curious we haven't heard from minkey again.

milton333

Brilliant_Rock

I've seen the other thread (hence my comments about the oddity of having a SMTB thread without any actual pictures of the bling). My supposition still stands.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL|1339882427|3217875 said:

I did read that one but again, my suspicion stands. No "home" pictures, then or now. Not a single mention about the stats of the ring. Did not mention whether she has contacted the insurance company to report the loss of the ring.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock

If someone bought this ring, could he return it to Leon Mege for a refund or get part of his money back?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL|1339882427|3217875 said:

This thread contributes to my doubts - one post about receiving the ring (and in hindsight the writing seems a little stilted and unnatural to me), a promise of hand shots but no personal pics ever posted, then nothing until the dramatic announcement of it being stolen and the offer of a reward. Fishy.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, if it is a troll, we should just let this thread die out. She indicated it was missing, and there's really not much else to contribute here, and I don't like feeding trolls.

minkey

Rough_Rock

Thank you for your concerns. And troll - hardly - I have 2 handshots here which are not of very good quality but show you the ring nonetheless.
P1010467.jpg

P1010466.jpg

During the day the ring is very light 'windex blue'. At night or lower light it glows flaming turquoise - just spectacular.

I am quite upset about this - My earrings were one ct. each so if I say 1 or 2?, I mean 1 carat each or 2 carats total - you may pick the terminology.

State Farm has insured this ring for full value and will handle the investigation. They inlist the police so I do not have to. They are pretty intense with the interviews and I am glad. Honestly, I can't have it re-made, Leon will not make another - I may just pick the moonstone on his site, it is just gorgeous as well. Hopefully, the ring will just appear at my house, I truly hope so, it was an amazing piece.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock

It's a beautiful ring, and I hope you get it and your earrings back.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think this is a hard case to prove, as the boyfriend gave it, probably has the receipts for it, and it may just read like a woman scorned with sour grapes.

If it becomes a he said, she said, I don't know how anything can be proved. If the Ex bought it and has the paperwork, I think the OP might be out of luck.

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock

She does actually have her original post here on PS from December, stating it was a gift, and that was before the no good bum got caught cheating on her and was thrown out. :angryfire: And since there is insurance, I take it that it was insured by her and for her benefit.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry that you've been doubted in this thread and thank you for posting your hand shots. I am incredibly sorry for you as this is a horrible situation. I'm glad that the Police have been involved so that everything can be investigated properly. I do hope your ring is recovered but if not then look at it that it's fate and you were supposed to have something very special not connected to your cheating ex.

Please keep us updated as to what happens won't you?

minkey

Rough_Rock

Thanks guys - there will be a whole lot of activity this week regarding the ring, I'll keep you posted. Please, as well, let m know if anyone hears of this beauty listed anywhere. I really appreciate the support - it's extremely frustrating.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for the update and pictures. Those are proof enough for me to clear my doubts. I hope the insurance company will be able to track and recover your jewellery.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

I have no words.... :angryfire:

Lori

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I am so sorry for this and hope you find it. I have seen this ring in real life before and it is very special.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Minkey, I wrote in one of my posts that if I was off-base about this, I apologize...well, I was indeed off-base and so I do apologize to you! I hope your missing jewelry is found soon, I'm so sorry this happened to you.

minkey

Rough_Rock

I am bringing this thread back to life to see if anyone has viewed my ring anywhere. We cannot prosecute for theft - I don't have any proof. The ring is still missing I will still give a reward, If anyone ever sees please **edited by moderators. please do not post personal information publicly, PS mods would be happy to pass a long a message**. Thank you and really wishing it would turn up.

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Very interesting read. Best wishes, Lee

minkey

Rough_Rock
Hello All, It has been years since I originally posted this. My ring which was stolen by an ex boyfriend that attacked me (rehashing not necessary, you can read the thread). My ring, The Leon Mege Paraiba Tourmaline Spectrum Winner has never been returned nor found. I am sending out feelers to see if anyone has ever viewed my ring on the web or seen it offered for sale. Any notice would be appreciated greatly.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello All, It has been years since I originally posted this. My ring which was stolen by an ex boyfriend that attacked me (rehashing not necessary, you can read the thread). My ring, The Leon Mege Paraiba Tourmaline Spectrum Winner has never been returned nor found. I am sending out feelers to see if anyone has ever viewed my ring on the web or seen it offered for sale. Any notice would be appreciated greatly.

I’m so sorry to hear it. I suppose it’s possible it was dismantled and redone or possibly cash sale to someone private and is in someone’s collection.

It’s a shame because it looks to be a beautiful ring. I know your heart must hurt over it. I haven’t read the whole thread, but does Leon know? It might try to go back to him? Just a thought

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results