shape
carat
color
clarity

My Leon Mege Paraiba Halo Ring was stolen - Reward Offered

minkey

Rough_Rock
I know this is an incredibly rare ring, it was just given to me by my Ex-boyfriend for Christmas. In Feb I found out he was having an affair and removed him from my house. My ring and my 1 ct. diamond studs (which I kept in the ring box) have been missing for about a month. Please please if anyone sees this ring offered anywhere please let me know - I'll send you a reward!!**edited by moderator. please upload photos to forum directly**

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My Leon Mege Paraiba Halo Ring was stolen - Reward Offer

Crap! I'm so sorry for the loss of your jewellery and of course, he is definitely a strong suspect. I'll keep my eye out online and elsewhere.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

We are sorry for the loss of your ring, but please follow posting policies and only post in one forum. :))

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Ella|1339775055|3216940 said:
We are sorry for the loss of your ring, but please follow posting policies and only post in one forum. :))

Oops- that may have been my fault since I suggested she post it here, sorry. I thought that with the other post titled about getting the ring at Christmas- people might not see that it was missing,now. I apologize to the OP and the mods.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

This thread and bumping the other thread are fine. I removed additional threads earlier today. :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Notwithstanding how sorry I am, sounds like a matter for the police/authorities.

Sharon

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Please post photos since your link was removed. Thx!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So sorry this happened.

Please upload pics.
Zillions of people lurk at Pricescope and if you post a pic someone may spot your ring for sale online and call the police.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Here is a picture. It is the AGTA winning ring. The stones are Paraiba tourmalines and diamonds:

Ring Halo Cluster r1293-229.jpg

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock

What are the stones in the ring? (I'm sorry.. I'm too much of a novice to know..)

Keep checking craig's list and ebay. It may turn up there.

Good luck in finding the ring and the earrings!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've been in lurkmode for a while but OMG I feel terrible for you. Will keep a lookout in the usual places like ebay.

-A

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, THAT ring! That one will be hard to hide...

Have you posted to other websites for professionals in gemology and trade sites? Those would be good places as well.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovely stone and ring!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume the main stone is a cabochon.

Since a thief will probably remove it from such a distinctive and recognizable setting before selling it, what is the carat weight and dimensions of the Paraiba?

Do you have any higher-resolution front view shots to help us identify distinctive inclusions, since they are like a fingerprint for identifying your stone even it it gets recut.

Screen shot 2012-06-15 at 11.02.10 AM.png

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

WOW
That is a stunner, hopefully whomever it if fenced to will be so stunned to do a search on it. I don't that that ring could be hidden in an ostentation of peacocks!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock

So sorry for your loss... That is one unique and sensational ring. Hoping for a miracle.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

The center tourmaline is a cabochon, and I believe the metal is oxidized silver (in black) and platinum. OP, please correct me if this is not accurate. I can't tell if the side stone tourmalines are faceted or cabochon.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a horrible loss. I am so sorry for you.

Trying to think like a thief - if they know anything about jewellery then they will know how distinctive the ring is (and highly unusual) - if the thief is somebody you know, the chances are they will also know how special the ring is. I therefore suspect that it may be broken up to sell - so as Kenny suggests I would try to get some hi-res photos of the main cabochon and post them on here and wherever you may think is helpful.

I realise is it of absolutely no consolation but was the ring insured by any chance? The insurers would also like to have hi-res photos I'm sure.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pregcurious|1339788299|3217115 said:
The center tourmaline is a cabochon, and I believe the metal is oxidized silver (in black) and platinum. OP, please correct me if this is not accurate. I can't tell if the side stone tourmalines are faceted or cabochon.

The accent halo stones look to be faceted.

Like LD, I suspect that although the ring is worth more as a whole, it is highly likely to be deconstructed and each stone sold separately in order to make it less likely to be recognized.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Although if it was taken by the ex and he purchased it in the first place he likely has all the paperwork to sell it as it without raising any red flags.

Coco914

Shiny_Rock

I'm so sorry your ring has been stolen. It's a very uniqure and remarkable piece and, as others have mentioned, would be difficult to pawn or sell without making an impression on a potential buyer. However, that doesn't mean that the culprit won't make an attempt. If I were in your shoes, I would bring photos of the ring (and of the stones if you have photographed them separately) to any local pawn shops, coins shops, or "cash for gold" type places in your area... Even if they don't purchase it, they'd remember seeing it. It can't hurt.

Wishing you a whole lot of luck in your attempts to find your ring....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kismet|1339793331|3217196 said:
Although if it was taken by the ex and he purchased it in the first place he likely has all the paperwork to sell it as it without raising any red flags.

Good point, Kismet.
Domestic disputes are handled differently by the police than robberies.
Since the OP told us this ring was a gift from him, the receipt is most certainly in his name, so the police could do nothing.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Did you purchase the diamond studs? Although that will be much harder to trace.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Have you contacted the police and told them your ex is the main suspect? If so, make sure they know it was a gift from him and he cheated on you, thus dissolving your relationship, as he could have proof he bought it. And please tell me it was insured - if you contact the insurance company, they may also be able to independently contact the police or something. I agree with taking pictures of the ring around to pawn shops - also take it to jewelers who sell estate jewelry and auction houses, because if your ex stole it he may attempt to sell it there, as he would make more money.

beau-wy

Rough_Rock
Trade

I doubt I will ever see it - but - if I do, I will remember it from this post.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock

Wow.. what a beautiful ring.

You may have to see an attorney about this one. Was it considered an engagement ring or just a gift? (as if a ring of this beauty could be considered "just a gift").

I hope you get the ring and your earrings back. I'm sorry that it was stolen.

milton333

Brilliant_Rock

Does anyone else think it's odd that we've never seen a picture from OP showing her wearing the ring, or showing it at home? Only a link to Leon's site? Something about all of this just seems off.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

milton333|1339862499|3217696 said:
Does anyone else think it's odd that we've never seen a picture from OP showing her wearing the ring, or showing it at home? Only a link to Leon's site? Something about all of this just seems off.
What are you suggesting?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I noticed this too.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

junebug17|1339863650|3217708 said:

I noticed this too.

What are you suggesting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results