shape
carat
color
clarity

My latest possibility...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
duh...
For some reason I thought the ring you have now is from WF- but it is from dimend scaasi.
You know, maybe it is my imagination, but I am not sseing the big gap between B&M prices and online prices that I saw a couple years ago.

When I did my upgrade recently with a local B&M, the cost was virtually the same to me (factoring the trade-in value) whether I worked with an internet vendor or the B&M. (I could have sold my stone to Jim Schultz at James Allen and bought one from him- but since I live in the same state as him, I would have paid sales tax there, too.)
Of course, I had to pay sales tax at the B&M.

AND, BIG DIFFERENCE- if you are buying without any trade-in stone, the internet is still way cheaper.

I might have to join your indecisive club, ds.
The more I look at my 1.20 G, the more I can see that the cut does not display crisp H&A. It is an AGS0 and it sparkles, but .... I am off to do more reading about idedal cuts.
I do have a generous time frame to make another trade, so,,,, what the heck.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
DS would you consider keeping your new diamond and just having Dimend Scaasi find a different setting for it or are you totally unhappy with the color and clarity on that one? It sure is a nice size.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2006 9:59:11 AM
Author: Sundial
DS would you consider keeping your new diamond and just having Dimend Scaasi find a different setting for it or are you totally unhappy with the color and clarity on that one? It sure is a nice size.
Sundial, since I am not finding that perfect 1.35-1.4 or so G VS1 H&A, I am going to have to compromise on something. I am either going to have to go higher or lower on color or clarity or sacrifice size. (Or wait and pay a higher price!).

I think the clarity is mostly mental because it is not easy to see the inclusions. The color is not so apparent unless you put it next to my F, because it is a gorgeous sparkly stone. IT was really exciting to find a 1.44! Even though it seems big to me because I have had a 1.0 for so long, I think I''d be crazy to dismiss it because of the size. It is really a nice size (about 7.25 mm). I just think I could go to a 7.1 mm and be just as happy. I am not sure how much difference I could see if I went to 7.0.

And you have a good point. If I kept this stone, I think I''d change settings. It''s bad because they make these settings for the particular stone, but they do have a 100% return policy for the settings as well.

I know if stones were plentiful, I would change this one to the G VS1 anywhere between a 1.33 and 1.44. But they are not available, so I have to decide something. I think I am too obsessive over it, but I can''t help it!!!!

Could you just fly here and go shopping with us on Saturday?
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2006 9:26:49 AM
Author: dbgaap
duh...
For some reason I thought the ring you have now is from WF- but it is from dimend scaasi.
You know, maybe it is my imagination, but I am not sseing the big gap between B&M prices and online prices that I saw a couple years ago.

When I did my upgrade recently with a local B&M, the cost was virtually the same to me (factoring the trade-in value) whether I worked with an internet vendor or the B&M. (I could have sold my stone to Jim Schultz at James Allen and bought one from him- but since I live in the same state as him, I would have paid sales tax there, too.)
Of course, I had to pay sales tax at the B&M.

AND, BIG DIFFERENCE- if you are buying without any trade-in stone, the internet is still way cheaper.

I might have to join your indecisive club, ds.
The more I look at my 1.20 G, the more I can see that the cut does not display crisp H&A. It is an AGS0 and it sparkles, but .... I am off to do more reading about idedal cuts.
I do have a generous time frame to make another trade, so,,,, what the heck.
Well, I resolved that I had to go for the best H&A cut I could find or I''d be sorry later. The first stone I looked at was beautiful and 1.66, but it was not a perfect cut and I can really see in this new 1.44 H&A that there is a difference. I can honestly say that this stone is the prettiest diamond I have ever seen...but I have not seen any other H&A stones to compare it with either! I need to go back and look at yoru pictures again to see the size of a 1.2. I was thinking I needed at least 1.3 to have it look bigger than my current 1.0, but I am only finding 1.2 or 1.5 in a G VS1.

You are lucky to have a long return period! Thank goodness I have 30 days on this stone...10 days would not have been enough!

Do you want to fly to Charlotte and go shopping Sat.????

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 10:26:04 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 5/17/2006 9:59:11 AM
Author: Sundial
Sundial, since I am not finding that perfect 1.35-1.4 or so G VS1 H&A, I am going to have to compromise on something. I am either going to have to go higher or lower on color or clarity or sacrifice size. (Or wait and pay a higher price!).

I think the clarity is mostly mental because it is not easy to see the inclusions. The color is not so apparent unless you put it next to my F, because it is a gorgeous sparkly stone. IT was really exciting to find a 1.44! Even though it seems big to me because I have had a 1.0 for so long, I think I''d be crazy to dismiss it because of the size. It is really a nice size (about 7.25 mm). I just think I could go to a 7.1 mm and be just as happy. I am not sure how much difference I could see if I went to 7.0.

And you have a good point. If I kept this stone, I think I''d change settings. It''s bad because they make these settings for the particular stone, but they do have a 100% return policy for the settings as well.

I know if stones were plentiful, I would change this one to the G VS1 anywhere between a 1.33 and 1.44. But they are not available, so I have to decide something. I think I am too obsessive over it, but I can''t help it!!!!

Could you just fly here and go shopping with us on Saturday?
9.gif
Oh DS you don''t know how much I wish I could join you guys!!! Is there anything more fun than looking at diamond jewelry??? And my husband is even out of town on a golfing trip! However it is kind of a long way for me to come from New Mexico sadly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results