shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW my Jeff White teal sapphire ring

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Violetphoenix|1439003688|3912415 said:
This is the most unique ring I have ever seen, at least on this site! Gorgeous, gorgeous!!! And the sapphire goes perfectly with it.
I wonder if they would make a ring for me with a phoenix to go with the violet spinel. Would be a great ring for my PS namesake!

If you want a suggestion on a band to go with this bold and beautiful ring, look up d'aguiar on etsy and look up their thin engraving band with diamonds. I think it might goes very well with this ring. It's listed for 18k gold but I had mine upgraded to unplated plat. Let me know if you want a link or to see mine.

I'm sure they could do a phoenix! They have done a spider ring and a really neat dragon ring, among others. I really like the combo of engraving and pierced through metal detail they did. I'm actually looking forward to the patina developing a bit on the platinum. I think some of the details might show up even better.
I would love a link to the bands you mentioned! And picture of yours too please!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Circe|1439045614|3912487 said:
GL captured the lines of the peacocks grace perfectly! They're so difficult to bring to life, but they succeeded in spades. And the stone is perfect with it! Bravo! I'm going to be coming back to these pics to admire quite frequently. <3

Thank you so much! I love the way the peacocks turned out too!

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, I didn't see your request till just now. Not sure if I did this right, but here is the link
https://www.etsy.com/listing/185901357/art-deco-style-diamonds-carved-and

This is a link to the ring in high polished 18k white gold, however mine looks more "patina" because I asked for non-plated platinum. Very well made and substantial weighted. I had purchased from them before so they kinda know what finish I want..just tell them exactly what you want.

Here are some pics of my ring...poor photography. Hope you can see the details.

_33110.jpg

_33111.jpg

_33112.jpg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Violetphoenix, thank you for the pics. Your band is really pretty! :love: I like how slim it is, yet still substantial, like you said. That ring would be fun to pair up with lots of different styles of rings or just worn alone. I do love to stack rings!
If I ever do stack my ring, I'll probably have to go custom because of the euro shank. I'd want that to match up exactly. I'm enjoying it as stand alone rhr for the time being but it's fun to think about future projects!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Violetphoenix|1439091921|3912651 said:
Sorry, I didn't see your request till just now. Not sure if I did this right, but here is the link
https://www.etsy.com/listing/185901357/art-deco-style-diamonds-carved-and

This is a link to the ring in high polished 18k white gold, however mine looks more "patina" because I asked for non-plated platinum. Very well made and substantial weighted. I had purchased from them before so they kinda know what finish I want..just tell them exactly what you want.

Here are some pics of my ring...poor photography. Hope you can see the details.

Is there somewhere I can find pics of your ring? I'm very interested in the quality of a bezel three stone from DK, and yours was from him, right?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is gorgeous - I saw it on Jeff's website! So glad that it went to a PSer - it's just the most beautiful color!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Swoon! what an inspiring work of art!

Fantastic- a perfect match of stone and setting, and what a gorgeous setting- Greenlake jewelry works- wow! I am such a sucker for these artful, elaborate settings. Beautifully done, gorgeous detail and very lovely overall lines and fluidity.

Well done!!! Congratulations!!!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I just want to say thanks for all of the nice comments here. I dreamt about this ring for a long time before having it made. It feels really great to see such positive feedback! :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picante: can I ask you a huge favour. I have looked at all the setting ideas on Green Lake Jewelry Works FB site. And I am in contact with Amber. I keep coming back to your unique design though. Also because peacocks have a special meaning to our family from the time our kids were small. I have bought an oval blue-green zircon from Chris Auletta which is posted in my thread. So at least the shape of the main stone will be different as well as the colour of the small stones and perhaps a rounded shank. Please let me know what you think. I could refrain from posting it here on PS once it's ready.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Hi Acinom! :wavey:
I'm so flattered that you want to have a similar ring made! You should go for it! A zircon will be gorgeous, I'm going to look for a pic of your stone in your other thread. Please please do post here on ps! I've enjoyed reading through your epic thread on the cs forum and would love to see how a variation of the peacock ring turns out. I'm sure you will enjoy working with Amber and her team at GLJW, they are all so great. Have fun designing your ring and I'll be looking for updates! :D

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I thought I would post some more pictures since this thread has been revived. Looking back, I'm surprised at how few I've posted here, my cellphone memory is completely clogged due to all the pics I have. Kind of an obsession, lol

20151004_150830_perfectlyclear.jpg

20150929_145701_perfectlyclear.jpg

20150906_145810_0.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new pics!!! Please share more of your gorgeous ring. :love:

picante27

Shiny_Rock
And a couple more:

20150906_145539_perfectlyclear.jpg

20150923_174513_perfectlyclear.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1445083974|3939196 said:
Hi Acinom! :wavey:
I'm so flattered that you want to have a similar ring made! You should go for it! A zircon will be gorgeous, I'm going to look for a pic of your stone in your other thread. Please please do post here on ps! I've enjoyed reading through your epic thread on the cs forum and would love to see how a variation of the peacock ring turns out. I'm sure you will enjoy working with Amber and her team at GLJW, they are all so great. Have fun designing your ring and I'll be looking for updates! :D

Aww, this is so super generous of you!!! Thank you so much picante. I think it's a fabulous design. Unique, but classic enough for daily wear with the subtle elegance and top notch craftmanship.
It will take a while until I will have it made, but I will keep you updated.

How do you evaluate wearing the ring now that you have been wearing it for a few months? I love love love the new pics :love: :love: :love:

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Thanks missy! Here is one showing some love for my sweet horse Picante. I wish that stupid fly wasn't on my hand, oh well :wacko:

Acinom, I love this ring more and more everyday. The platinum is getting a softer look that I like a lot better than the high shine mirror polish it came with. I love the high shine on my wedding set, but, with this ring , I feel the slightly more matte finish shows off the details better. I also love the euro shank. The ring never spins and is super comfy. I wouldn't change a thing!

2015-10-17_09.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your reflections picante! The width of the ring looks so perfect on your hand.

So special that you have your own horse! My youngest son loves taking care of and riding on horses. He goes to the riding school/stables every day.

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Wow, another one I missed while off Pricescope! This is absolutely gorgeous! The color is the very definition of peacock green, so vivid. And I'm in awe of all the detail captured in the setting.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Thank you yanaazul! I got lucky to find a sapphire this shade of blue green. I love all the beautiful detail too!

Thanks again Acinom! I'm glad your son is able to ride and take care of horses. It was a huge part of my childhood and now I'm teaching my son, age 5, how to ride as well. It teaches confidence and leadership skills, as well as learning how to connect with animals. Plus, it's just good for the soul!

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
So unique and stunning. So many possibilities here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results