Re: My J VS2 Emerald Cut Diamond in its new halo setting

telephone89 said:
Beautiful! I need an Emerald cut now :love: :love:

This is the problem with PS - it creates diamond cravings! :lol:

bbziggy said:
Beautiful! It looks perfect on you! :love: :appl:

Thanks bbziggy :)

Downsy said:
It's lovely! And it looks whiter than a J. :)

laurenk said:
Absolutely gorgeous!!! And sooo white!!!! Looks lovely on you! Enjoy!

Thanks Downsy and Laurenk. The diamond has medium blue fluorescence and I think that this has quite an impact on the color. I generally prefer F/G color so I wasnt sure how I would feel about a J. But in most lighting conditions it just looks white to me - I can only see slight tint in quite dim indoor lighting at night.

I think that the melee color being H/I/J makes a real difference to helping the centre stone look whiter as well. Here is a pic I took of my diamond in a solitaire setting with F color melee in the band. I think it makes my stone look quite tinted compared to the setting I eventually chose:

ec_halo_ring_015.jpg

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some more against a background of greenery (no flowers to hand at the moment) :)

ec_halo_ring_3_142.jpg

ec_halo_ring_3_144.jpg

ec_halo_ring_3_128a.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new pics are amazing! such a gorgeous ring!!! :love:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love this!! Beautiful ring! :love: :appl:
Amazing pictures too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new pictures! I see you've add a lot of them since I posted earlier. It is such a beautiful diamond and ring.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely gorgeous - and it has such presence! May I ask where you got that beautiful setting?

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
junebug17 said:
Your new pics are amazing! such a gorgeous ring!!! :love:
Thanks Junebug, I am thrilled with how the ring came out.
Thank you - I got a bit carried away with the photos :)
marcy said:
Great new pictures! I see you've add a lot of them since I posted earlier. It is such a beautiful diamond and ring.
Thanks Marcy. Ive become a little addicted to photographing it :lol:
Jambalaya said:
It's absolutely gorgeous - and it has such presence! May I ask where you got that beautiful setting?
Thank you Jambalaya. I had the setting custom made for me by a non-PS vendor who I have worked with before.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely LOVE it! :love: The diamond is perfect..love the ratio! And while it was pretty in the old setting, it is 1000 times prettier in the halo! ECs just benefit from the brilliant cut frame around them!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1455295408|3990197 said:
I absolutely LOVE it! :love: The diamond is perfect..love the ratio! And while it was pretty in the old setting, it is 1000 times prettier in the halo! ECs just benefit from the brilliant cut frame around them!

Thanks Diamondseeker :) Its actually a new diamond which has been in a temp diamond holder for a couple of months whilst I agonised over the setting.

I seem to be drawn to solitaire style settings with pave shanks - so I was able to go to a jeweller and see what my stone would look like balanced in a stock setting. I wasnt able to try it out in a stock halo setting because the proportions of the stone dont really fit with stock settings. But Im so glad I decided to go with a halo setting now I have the finished ring. I love the combination of the steps framed by the sparkle of the brilliant melee :love:

ec_pics_2_2.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is stunning! :love: I just love an EC! It looks beautiful! Congrats! :appl:

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1456072154|3993666 said:
Your new ring is stunning! :love: I just love an EC! It looks beautiful! Congrats! :appl:

Thanks Rockinruby. I love it so much - but its proving to be a bit of a distraction, it keeps catching my eye when I'm supposed to doing other things :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results