shape
carat
color
clarity

My Indian Wedding Pictures....Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a Gorgeous wedding, beautiful couple, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kama, I LOVE your photos, just gorgeous! Congratulations!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
What beautiful pictures! I must say I''m also fascinated by Indian weddings. They''re so colorful and festive! I LOVE your dark blue sari, by the way!
30.gif
I wish I had a reason to get away with wearing a sari sometime.
2.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
kama - You are a stunning beauty! You were an absolutely beautiful bride! Thanks for sharing the pics ... everyone looks so happy and that mehendi job was just incredible! ... How long did it last?

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting your wedding pictures! It''s so colorful and such a gorgeous wedding!!!! Kudos to you for sitting through the mehendi work! It''s beautiful!! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!!

Congratulations!! You guys look so good together!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kama, you look STUNNING! I love love love all these pictures. How special was your big day huh???

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous event! I love love color! Traditions are wonderful rites, especially when they are gorgeous.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous ceremony! You look beautiful. I love traditional weddings like this one.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I love them, Kama!
36.gif
What gorgeous pictures!

You made a beautiful bride.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL! I love the vibrant colors at Indian weddings. Gorgeous! Congrats on a wonderful day (even though it was not the official one)!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kama,

Your wedding was just beautiful. I love everything about it, including the throne! You are so incredibly stunning!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 10:15:47 P

I also forgot to mention that the entire ceremony was in Sanskrit. The pundit (priest) translated that to very proper hindi to my family, who translated it to simple hindi for me, which I translated into English for Mr. Kama. It was damn awesome!
4.gif

This is soooo freakin romantic. Very sweet detail for you to share with us. Everything, and especially you in all your fancy dresses looked stunning. I can''t believe you were holding out on us!
2.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Stunning pictures, you made a beautiful bride :D

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Kama everything is so beautiful and colorful!! So pretty. I can''t imagine how heavy the clothes are though! Hehe and it makes me smile to see how tall your FI is - I love the picture of you and him and your brother!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Kama! It looks like it was a beautiful wedding! I just love all of the wonderful, rich colors. I have a major fascination with Indian weddings. I love all of the tradition and symbolism.

Congratulations!
36.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Kama, you looked absolutely stunning, and sooo incredibly happy! Thanks for finally sharing pics, lady!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing these great pics!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I am so glad I didn''t miss this thread! Kama, you looked stunning. I love Indian ceremonies and the colors and the romantic draping of colorful materials and the intimacy and GAH...just everything!! I want one.

Congratulations on your beautiful non-legal ceremony.
36.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canuk-gal: Thank you!
35.gif

Honey22: Thanks!! We''re having our ''real'' wedding here in June. Looking forward to being a Mrs. legally!

lliang_chi: Haha, you got me
4.gif
I really loved the dark blue sari too, it was such a different an vibrant shade of blue! The boutique I bought the sari from only sells one of a kind stuff. When I was trying it out, there were more than 5 women hovering around me waiting to snatch it up incase I decided not to get it! The crystal work on it was sooo pwetty. Where did your parents grow up? Can they make hakka chinese food? If they can, I''m totally self-inviting myself for dinner
3.gif

KatyWI: Thank you! Thank you! Ya know, I haven''t even gone through all the pics yet! I''m still a little over-whelmed by them!!

Skippy: Thanks, darling! It means a lot coming from you
1.gif

Kim N: Thanks so much!

Lovesparklies: Awww, thank you! I just mentioned to lliang_chi above how the dark blue was my favourite outfit too! You can come over to my place and we can have a sari party
2.gif

Sparkalicious: Thanks, love! You''re waaaaayyy too kind! The mehendi lasted just over 2 weeks, althought by the middle of the second week it was beginning to look like crap. I just exfoliated like mad to get rid of it! The stuff on my legs lasted much longer, close to 3 weeks (because they''re not in contact with soap and water much).

Goodsoul: Thank you! Yeah, sitting through the mehendi was the most annoying part of the whole ceremony. I''m such an antsy and restless person...I can''t even sit and watch TV for half an hour. I was literally going bonkers! Haha. The guy who did the mehendi work was frustrated with me because I just couldn''t sit still!

Neatfreak: Thank you! It was, indeed, such a special day - especially when I saw my dad with tears in his eyes
6.gif

Swimmer: Haha, thankfully I was able to pick and choose the traditions
2.gif
Some of the traditions are incredibly old-fashioned and patriarchal, for instance, one of the vows I had to take during the ceremony was to promise my husband that I would not go see my parents without his permission. Um. What? Mr. Kama also had to vow to never let me go out alone!! Too bad he''s stuck with me when I go shopping next
11.gif
Also, apparently, we are not allowed to enter a place that serves alcohol. And if Mr. Kama ever had a sip of alcohol, I am supposed to disown him.
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
So yeah, cherry picking of traditions!

Alliegator: Thank you so much!

CDNinNYC: Thank you, darling!

Modernsparkler: Thanks so much! I really do love all the colours too!

House Cat: Thanks! It was absolutely hilarious being up on that throne!

Mayachel: Awwwwwwww....you''re just too sweet! I really did love the sanskirt, as much as I didnt understand most of it. It''s such a beautiful language.

Deelight: Haha, thanks...again!! Sorry to bore ya with the same pics twice!

luvthemstrawberries: Thanks!! Mr. Kama is 6''5...and I''m only 5''4
39.gif
...so we can rarely get both of us in the same picture frame! If I''m in the pic, his head is bound to be cut off! LOL I love that pic of my bro with us too...he''s so sweet, he got that pic enlarged and in a frame for me as a delayed Christmas gift
1.gif

Sparklylibra: Thank you for your kind words!
1.gif

Pocahontas: Thanks, love! I know it took me a while to put them em...sowwie
7.gif

Katamari: Thanksssss!!!
35.gif

Miraclesrule: Thank you for the lovely comments! I can totally have one arranged for ya! Just give me the signal, lady!
31.gif
Who needs an occasion to party, what?!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for the late replies, ladies. I totally forgot about my thread.
32.gif

And thank you, so very sincerely, for all the wonderfully sweet comments....it just really makes a mush of my heart
1.gif
4.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pictures!!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pictures are just beautiful!!! Congratulations!
36.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Tuckins1 and Diamondseeker2006!
1.gif

Camille

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous couple, love, love your pictures, thanks so much for sharing and CONGRATS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results