shape
carat
color
clarity

My Indian Wedding Pictures....Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness! Your are gorgeous! I love all of it! It seems so romantic
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
You are sooo beautiful. I love the details on your hands! AMAZING. What a beautiful day. Thank you for posting the photos...

and I did like the throne.
35.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vespergirl: Thank you! It was actually the first Indian wedding I''d attended myself! Crazy, huh?!!

Geckodani: Oh, DONT ASK!! It took them almost 4 hours to put it on, and I had to keep it in for another 8 hours. It should''ve been left on overnight, but I was getting just waaayyy too antsy. So I took it off when no one was looking
11.gif

lliang_chi: Thanks!! I do love my outfit! I actually didn''t get a traditional dress (which is usually in red) and MUCH more ornate. Dont know how anyone is able to walk in one!

sunnyd: Thank you, dear!

all.of.the.above: Thanks so much!

Bia: Thank you! I agree, everything is SO colourful in India. You wont catch a single person in anything black, white, grey or navy. I love it! I wish we could do that here, especially in the dead of winter!

Elrohwen: Haha! Thank you for your kind comments! I *still* can''t believe I agreed to have this ceremony, given I hadn''t visited India in over 10 years! Re: Mr. Kama, we actually know someone who looks almost 90% like him and we see this guy every now and then! Once we were at the same restaurant and Mr. Kama almost went up to him and said ''dude, you''re my clone''!!

Freke: Thanks!! I do have a LOT more...the photog sent close to 800 pictures! I dont think I''ve gone through all of them myself. Maybe I''ll go through some more that I have on fb and post them here :)

KatyWI: Thank you! I love all the colours too
30.gif

Akmiss: Thanks so much! It was a really romantic day for us, I can only imagine how it would be when we legally get hitched!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! I love all the beautiful colours and decorations! And you are gorgeous! Congratulations
36.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 3:38:56 PM
Author: tlh
You are sooo beautiful. I love the details on your hands! AMAZING. What a beautiful day. Thank you for posting the photos...

and I did like the throne.
35.gif
Aww, thanks tlh! Haha, did you seriously like the throne? I just hated being the centre of attention, sitting on the throne as people came up to greet us! I'm so much more comfortable mingling with people, as opposed to having all 300+ pairs of eyes on us!

Porridge: Thank you so much for your kind words!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, you looked absolutely beautiful!!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You looked so beautiful!
36.gif

NuggetBrain

Shiny_Rock
You look so gorgeous - I LOVE all the colors and the traditional wear!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Now I wish my cousin went through a more traditional Indian Wedding! You''re gorgeous!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kama, you looked gorgeous and so happy! Congratulations to both of you!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Kama, did you change outfits for the reception? Cause if you did, that would mean you''re hiding more outfits from us, which is totally not cool...

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Kama,

Wow!! Lush and romantic and very beautiful. Visually arresting. You''re such a beautiful bride! FI looks so happy! How could he take his eyes off you, LOL?!?!

The fire part of the ceremony---am I remembering this totally wrong, or is the flame actually a witness to the vows, after which the marriage becomes binding? I think thats such a beautiful ritual!

What a LUCKY guy your DH is!!!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I love these pictures! You look absolutely stunning and you both look so happy :) I love the detail and color in these pics! Indian weddings are always so bright and beautiful!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Kama, you are so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing these photos--they are filled with joy and a spirit of celebration. The outfits are all just amazing. I love the colors!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
The wedding ceremony and you look absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing those with us
1.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
*sigh* i love how colourful indian weddings are! you look so amazing!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Kama! I have to echo what everyone else has said...you looked so pretty. How fun looking at all of the traditions!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 6:26:13 PM
Author: lliang_chi
Kama, did you change outfits for the reception? Cause if you did, that would mean you''re hiding more outfits from us, which is totally not cool...
Haha, I didn''t actually change my outfit the day of the wedding - I was actually sick...food poisoning on the DAY OF! Since I was in bed until 5pm (ceremony was to begin at 7pm), everything got pushed together...and I also just didn''t have the strength to change! I did have some outfits for the ceremonies leading to the wedding, here are two others:

pskama18.JPG

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sari is filled with crystals. My blouse is ALL crystal. It wasn''t as heavy and ornate as the wedding dress, so I was able to dance plenty!

pskama20.JPG

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Close-up

pskama19.JPG

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is at the sangeet, which translates to ''music''. Back in the day women would come together and sing folk songs and dance (the Indian version of a bridal shower), these days it''s just a full blown partay! My outfit at this was not as heavy as the other two...*phew*

pskama22.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With my cute-as-a-button lil bro :)

pskama23.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one - just want to show the hand-embroidered work at the bottom of the sari!

pskama21.JPG

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Kama just wanted to say your wedding was gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing, so cool to see an Indian wedding on here (Indian weddings are always so pretty)!
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OUpeargirl: Thank you!!

brandy: Thanks!

Nuggetbrain: Thank you! I've been making a conscious effort of wearing more colour since I've been back! It's so easy to fall for black
39.gif

Choro72: She should've!! I never thought I'd agree to this, but it was honestly the best experience of my life. Did she marry and Indian bloke?

Lauren: Thank you! I was, indeed, very happy
30.gif

Mediterranean: Aww, thank you so much for your lovely comments! You're absolutely correct about the fire. The fire is actually considered a deity, who witnesses us take our oaths. It is really beautiful. Except, since I was sick all day, I hadn't eaten and was VERY dizzy. I was terrified (as was everyone around me) that I'd trip and fall face first into the fire!
32.gif

ILTW: Thanks, love! You've probably have seen all these pics! Now dont you wish you have a similar traditional wedding too ;-) JAY KAY!

Kittybean: Thank you for the kind words! Despite being ill, I was honestly in cloud nine! I can't imagine how I'd be at our actual wedding! Jumping off the walls, perhaps
1.gif

AmberGretchen: Thank you, dear!

jcarlylew: Aww, thanks!

Lanie: Thanks, hun! Most of the traditions had to be explained to both Mr. Kama and I, we had a great time learning about the Hindu culture and traditions!

I also forgot to mention that the entire ceremony was in Sanskrit. The pundit (priest) translated that to very proper hindi to my family, who translated it to simple hindi for me, which I translated into English for Mr. Kama. It was damn awesome!
4.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 10:02:46 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Kama just wanted to say your wedding was gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing, so cool to see an Indian wedding on here (Indian weddings are always so pretty)!
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
Thank you, Sarah!! I wasn''t sure if anyone would be interested in an Indian wedding here, which is why I didn''t really post the pictures before. I''m so glad everyone liked them...makes me heart swell!
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow wow wow! Gorgeous--thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

honey22

Ideal_Rock
What fabulous pics! So colourful!! Congrats!! Are you have a legal ceremony back home?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
HA! I *knew* you were hiding more outfits!!!! Let me just say I L.O.V.E. that dark blue sari!!!!!! I love the turquoise outfit too!!! It''s totally the way to go for the huge party!!! What about mom''s outfits? Those are also to die for too. I so love South Asian beading work!!!!

I''m not-so-secretly in love with the South Asian culture. My parents grew up there, so I''ve been made an honorary member by my friends. They love having an "honorary brown" Chinese person in their crew :)

I''m sorry you were so sick the day of. I''d probably no change either. More pictures please!!!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
My gosh, you were holding out kama!!!!!

More COLOR!!!!! And you looked stunning, of course. If you ever feel like posting more of those 800 pictures, you know we won''t complain, right??!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results