shape
carat
color
clarity

My (I Color) Canera Antique Cushion with Emilya Halo

Annachering

Rough_Rock
This may be a bit redundant, but I wasn't sure where to go from wrapping up my RockyTalky thread to posting specifically about my FINALLY acquired "princess ring" (my husband's name for my e-ring). :lol-2: Primarily, I wanted to make a new post with a clear title because I scoured the internet and PS for pictures of CACs, but there just aren't THAT many to be found (esp compared to AVCs, espesp in an I color); so, for future searchers, here's my contribution!

Thanks to everyone would weighed in on my diamond search, rejecting the baddies and rooting for the one that finally stole my heart!

Specs:
Cut: Canera Antique Cushion, AGS Ideal/0
Carat: 2.024
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Setting: Emily Halo with flush fitting stems, size 5 (a teensy bit big for my finger, but I think I'm about to suffocate and die if I can't get rings off fairly easily)

Worth mentioning:
- Most of all, I struggled with the color. Since there are not an abundance of these Ideal antique style cushions, you gotta choose from what's there (unless you wanna stand at the alter with a naked finger...hard pass). I was hoping for around a 2 ct. The nearest GOG had that wasn't many thousands (and several carats!) above my budget was a 1.73 H; the trade off was 1 color grade for >1/4 ct.

- **For anyone losing sleep over whether an I color is "ok": well, personal choice. HOWEVER, I will say that I was TERRIFIED when I got the FedEx box and just sat in silence refusing to open it...then I squealed out loud when I first saw my ring and haven't felt a second of regret about my decision. I have witnessed the tiniest bit of fleeting creaminess (NOT YELLOW! as everyone reassured me), but really it's been the most notable in pictures. In person, it's FIRE!

- It is WORTH IT to buy diamonds from VC for that setting. Man oh man, it's a work of art. And he is incredibly kind, extremely responsive to calls/emails/fears/freakouts/neuroticism, and so very humble.
(Paraphrased phone convo...
Me: "you have such amazing reviews on Pricescope and every ring I've seen that you made is absolutely gorgeous!"
Victor: "oh...well, I'm not sure what to say...I do try my best to make every ring as beautiful as I can.")

- My iPhone and I are not really finding great success in the picture taking department. I want to say that it is MUCH livelier and more beautiful in person. (#cliche, but true) If you're thinking, "that's the same stupid, bad photo over and over", I was just trying to get different lighting/sparkle/faceting/color/etc...I apologize!

So anyway, here's my forever one perfect beautiful amazing magical masterpiece PRINCESS RING!

IMG_9195.JPG
9E5D987F-EB82-4CC8-9F3D-1BCBC54EDB57.jpeg 764030E3-E6D9-42E0-9EE7-8F5071FDA1BC.jpeg 8DC048D3-D303-4E68-8950-439FE3C58638.jpeg F05D0EAA-1364-4694-9185-7FD454EBF54B.jpeg
Last two, from VC before they shipped to me:
AH.jpg AH2.jpg

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow gorgeous, looks lovely and white to me :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring!! Both the stone and the setting are absolutely amazing. Enjoy wearing your gorgeous ring.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an incredible stone (I love CACs!!) and an equally gorgeous ring!! :love: You made an amazing choice, and Victor hit it out of the park as always! It is truly a masterpiece! Congratulations!!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful!!! Really a work of art! Lol at what you said about having to get it right off, I am
The same way. I once put on one of those love bracelets that have to come off with a little screw driver and I almost chewed my arm off lol.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh... such a dreamy & romantic ring! And I love the diamond - it has such an old world feel about it & the colour is perfect :love:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you did great with the photos! if you want to see some ridiculous colours, sit under a leafy tree with dappled sunlight coming through the leaves. Seriously amazing for pretty much any diamond but the chunky antique cuts look insane in that sort of lighting.

Your ring is gorgeous! and what a fab turnaround from VC to be able to deliver it in time for your wedding day (I remember you had quite a short timeframe). Is this your wedding ring and engagement ring in one or are you wearing a band with it as well?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s spectacular! I don’t know how you didn’t rip open the box!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Divine. Perfection. Thank you for sharing your beautiful stone and ring and the story behind it. And enjoy it in good health!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on that unique beauty:love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and I can never say enough about Victor's settings they are honestly the best pavework and well made settings around!!!!!

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
That is one lovely beautiful ring. It looks lovely on your hands (which are gorgeous). And it's great to hear about the positive interaction you had with the designer. Enjoy your ring.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully!:appl:

Annachering

Rough_Rock
I think you did great with the photos! if you want to see some ridiculous colours, sit under a leafy tree with dappled sunlight coming through the leaves. Seriously amazing for pretty much any diamond but the chunky antique cuts look insane in that sort of lighting.

Your ring is gorgeous! and what a fab turnaround from VC to be able to deliver it in time for your wedding day (I remember you had quite a short timeframe). Is this your wedding ring and engagement ring in one or are you wearing a band with it as well?

Can’t wait to try that picture idea...I love when I get big chunky reflections of color off of it!

You’re right, the turnaround was awesome! I spoke to Victor on the morning of 10/09, sent my bank wire on 10/10, ring was done on 10/27 (Friday afternoon), sent out from LA on 10/30 (Monday morning), and in my hands in VA at 9:30 am on 10/31! He assured me he could have it done in the 31 days until the wedding, and he had it to me in plenty of time. :clap:

My husband proposed and we got (courthouse) married with a micropave band from BN which was perfect until VC ruined me! It’ll always be my “I left my family/home state and moved across the country for my Navy boyfriend who proposed right when we got here and married me 4 days later, then I turned 30 and we bought our first house...all in a week” ring :kiss2: and it’ll always be SO special to me (not to mention, it’ll likely be what I wear to work in the ER)...but I will be getting a VC band to match. I’m a sucker for these single cuts!

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. Your description of your experience with Victor really made me smile. That’s exactly how he is. Not pushy. Not impatient. Not snooty. I think he gets as much pleasure and satisfaction with you loving his work as much as you get from the ring.

Your CAC is amazing, so beautiful and colorful and bold. The Emilya is the perfect setting to highlight a CAC. Congratulations on getting it right the first time around. And yes, I agree too. His single cuts spoil you for anything else. Good luck with that and let the addiction begin. ;)2

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolute PERFECTION!!! VC does it, again!!! Love love LOVE CAC’s!!! Congratulations!
Please post your wedding set, once you get your new band!!! :mrgreen2:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, this is just so perfect! And I have to say, I think I like the antique cut stones in lower colors better... they're so dreamy and romantic!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results