shape
carat
color
clarity

My husband designed my new huggies - Pics inside

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Well, Valentines day came early!
36.gif

My husband designed some huggies for me. What do you think? I think I love them!!
30.gif

Diamonds are branded HeartStar diamonds and I saw the arrows through the hearts and arrows viewer the jeweler let me use. Without further ado, here are some pictures. The three diamond sizes on each earring are .10, .20 and, .50 points. F and G color, VS1 and VS2's

Now for some pictures...

hugggies in lobe.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Side view.

Huggies in ear profile.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
SuzyQZ, those are some really neat huggies. Your hubby did good. I like the semi-bezel setting.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I'm trying to post more pictures but I'm slow, keep getting an error message.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 9:45:21 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
SuzyQZ, those are some really neat huggies. Your hubby did good. I like the semi-bezel setting.
Thank you Gothgrrl. He likes to dabble in jewelry design. He's had a hand in my wedding ring, RHR and now these huggies. These were a complete surprise. I had no idea he was doing this, he said he started before Thanksgiving. I wish I had known because I would have taken pictures of the waxes, but too late now. But hey, I'm happy with the new earrings don't ya know
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

SQ, great earrings! BTW, I got the same "error" message the other day when trying to load pics of my new diamond studs; I ended up renaming some of the files and that seemed to work.

cheers--Sharon

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 10:07:34 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

SQ, great earrings! BTW, I got the same 'error' message the other day when trying to load pics of my new diamond studs; I ended up renaming some of the files and that seemed to work.

cheers--Sharon
Thanks canuk-gal, I appreciate the tip and the complement.
I was so surpised, we were in the car driving today and he said he wanted to make a detour to run a quick errand. As soon as we pulled into the jewelers parking lot my heart was skipping a beat because I knew something was up. I'm like Pavlov's dog, if I even get close to our jewelers shop (or any jewelry store for that matter) I start to drool!
3.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Suzy, I love them. They are really unusual. Thank you for the pics.

shay

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them; very beautiful. Happy early V day!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are gorgeous, he did good..

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a nice hubby! They are beautiful.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
OK, a couple more pics
36.gif

Front view.

2 2007 front view.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Profile and front view. If you look carefully, you can see the arrows in the botton stone.

2 2007 side and front w arrows.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 10:15:27 PM
Author: Shay37
Suzy, I love them. They are really unusual. Thank you for the pics.

shay
Shay, thanks for the kudos. My husband really enjoyed this project. I don''t know how original one can be with this type of earring. I am sure there are similar styles out there. What means the most to me is that he didn''t want to buy "off the shelf" so even though it may not be so unique, it is his concept and he had a definite hand in its production and coming to be.
He''s a real gem of a husband!
2.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 10:18:29 PM
Author: Skippy123
I love them; very beautiful. Happy early V day!
Yup, I'm glad he didn't make me wait until Feb 14!
I'm not patient when I know there is a sparklie somewhere with my name on it!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 10:45:25 PM
Author: mrssalvo
those are gorgeous, he did good..
Thank you. He DID do good. I've never discussed hearts and arrows with him but he told the jeweler that he wanted the most sparklie diamonds she could find, and he wanted the best cut
2.gif
. She recommended these HeartStar, brought them in loose for him to look at under the H&A viewer and he said "yup, that's the ticket!". I don't know how he kept this a secret from Thanksgiving until now. What a poker face he has!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 11:19:58 PM
Author: Catmom
Wow, what a nice hubby! They are beautiful.
He''s a definite keeper!
Now I can tell him that guys aren''t looking at me, they are looking at my beautiful earrings!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning, he did an amazing job!!! They must be gorgeous from across the room, I really love the settings!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 11:57:19 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Absolutely stunning, he did an amazing job!!! They must be gorgeous from across the room, I really love the settings!
Oh Kcoursolle, I just love your rings so much and it really means a lot to me that you like my earrings too!

I told my husband that it is cruel that I can''t see my earrings when I''m out and about. We went out to dinner tonight and I''m asking him every 10 minutes "how do they look?" "Do they sparkle a lot?" He just smiles and says "yes, they look terrific", but I can''t see them!!! How cruel is that! I can''t walk around holding up a mirror all day LOL!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
They''re beautiful. Lucky U!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 12:08:57 AM
Author: CdnBlingGal
They''re beautiful. Lucky U!
I love that they are such a great size for everyday wear.
They are not too big, or too small. I think my hubby got it just right!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 12:06:54 AM
Author: SuzyQZ

Oh Kcoursolle, I just love your rings so much and it really means a lot to me that you like my earrings too!

I told my husband that it is cruel that I can''t see my earrings when I''m out and about. We went out to dinner tonight and I''m asking him every 10 minutes ''how do they look?'' ''Do they sparkle a lot?'' He just smiles and says ''yes, they look terrific'', but I can''t see them!!! How cruel is that! I can''t walk around holding up a mirror all day LOL!
Thanks Suzy, your radiants are to die for by the way. LOL about not being able to see the earrings!! I have a garnet I want to set in something...and at first I thought a pendant, but then I realized I''d never get to see it!! This must be why I own quite a few rings, but absolutey not *one* nice pair of earrings or a pendant!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 12:20:49 AM

Date: 1/28/2007 12:06:54 AM
Author: SuzyQZ

I told my husband that it is cruel that I can''t see my earrings when I''m out and about. We went out to dinner tonight and I''m asking him every 10 minutes ''how do they look?'' ''Do they sparkle a lot?'' He just smiles and says ''yes, they look terrific'', but I can''t see them!!! How cruel is that! I can''t walk around holding up a mirror all day LOL!
Thanks Suzy, your radiants are to die for by the way. LOL about not being able to see the earrings!! I have a garnet I want to set in something...and at first I thought a pendant, but then I realized I''d never get to see it!! This must be why I own quite a few rings, but absolutey not *one* nice pair of earrings or a pendant!
Yup, I hear ya! I''ve always made rings, bracelets, watches a priority when making jewelry purchases. I''ve only worn plain gold hoops in my ears for years. It never really bothered me because I can''t see my own earrings when I wearing them. Well apparently, it really bugged hubby that my "head" didn''t have any bling on it. He says he can see me and he wanted some sparkle to complement my rings. So what''s a girl to do? I''ll just have to suffer my fate
2.gif
and have sparklies that I can''t enjoy, but he can so that''s ok by me!
9.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I've never heard of HeartStar diamonds before. They are beautiful, but apparently not widely carried. When the jeweler/hubby said the diamonds in my earrings were this name brand, I was curious.

http://www.heartstardiamonds.com/

Anyone here heard/purchased? They advertise a HeartStar2 princess cut too.
My diamonds are lovely, no complaints here. Just wondering.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock

2 2007 holding huggies2.jpg

genette

Shiny_Rock
Wow you''re lucky to have a man who will design jewelry for you and he obviously has good taste..good job!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 5:22:41 AM
Author: fashionsweetie
Wow you''re lucky to have a man who will design jewelry for you and he obviously has good taste..good job!
Yes, I am lucky.
9.gif

He really has a creative side to him. You''d never know it to look at him, he''s a real manly man, 6''2", athletic, can do it all; plumbing, electrical, carpentry. He added a master bedroom and bath to our last home, did 90% of the work himself, and has sketches all around the house with his ideas for a remodel for our present home.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Suzy your new earrings are absolutely exquisite and they look so pretty on your ear!!! Your husband is truly a treasure and that was such a sweet thing for him to do. I love the semi-bezel design. It defines the diamonds nicely and gives a unique overall look. I need a pair of those beauties to go with my semi-bezel three stone ring!
2.gif
I have never heard of HeartStar diamonds either, but they look amazing!!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
They are stunning! Absolutely perfect! I''ve been wanting something like that myself...they really are gorgeous and yet perfect for everyday!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 10:28:01 AM
Author: Sundial
Oh Suzy your new earrings are absolutely exquisite and they look so pretty on your ear!!! Your husband is truly a treasure and that was such a sweet thing for him to do. I love the semi-bezel design. It defines the diamonds nicely and gives a unique overall look. I need a pair of those beauties to go with my semi-bezel three stone ring!
2.gif
I have never heard of HeartStar diamonds either, but they look amazing!!!
Hello Sundial, my friend! I was hoping you would post on my thread
1.gif

I actually thought of you when I first saw them, I said to myself "I bet Sundial would like these!" LOL They would complement your semi-bezel ring beautifully!

The earrings were fairly priced (I thought). For the wax, custom work, gold and diamond content (1.60TCW) they were in the $3K+ range, so I was surprised when I was told the diamonds were a brand name. I was expecting non-branded diamonds. Earrings are much more forgiving because the stones are smaller and no one really is in your face looking at your diamonds up close. You are right that they do look amazing, can't wait for a sunny day
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results