shape
carat
color
clarity

My head is going to pop

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
Is it unreasonable with in my $30k price limit to look for this (modified) criteria:
Shape: Round Brilliant
Cut: Ideal/Excellent
Carat: 2.25
Color: H/G
Clarity: VS1/VS2
Cert: AGS/GIA

(If I'm making a mistake by doing this and you think I should go even smaller on the carat scream)

Also I found this quote on the internet:
Buy a diamond in the I-K color range with Strong Blue fluorescence and your diamond will end up looking one to two color grades whiter!

Any truth to that?

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
IbrahimSS|1305910828|2926632 said:
Also I found this quote on the internet:
Buy a diamond in the I-K color range with Strong Blue fluorescence and your diamond will end up looking one to two color grades whiter!

Any truth to that?

I also have Very Strong Blue Flourescence on my cushion. This is both true and false. My Cushion is an I but when I got it appraised he thought it was a border between a G and an H. So yes, it appears lighter in color, but that may be because the eye is "distracted" by the blue. However, you can CLEARLY see the Strong Blue Flourescence. Some days it even looks almost like the palest of beautiful light blues or palest lavendar color. On other days, it's bright white. In some sunlight spots you can see the Flourescence, in some others you can't see see a lick. In stores however and in the office, it looks like a normal diamond. I've attached some pics to give you an idea of the different types of settings and the different shades of flourescence you may see. I strongly suggest you see one in person to know if you like it or not. And even then, she (your fiance) may not.

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
  • 2.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
  • 3.bmp
    819.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 4.bmp
    940.1 KB · Views: 120
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results