Very, very cool!!!

Great pictures! What a wonderful stone!! :love:

Cachette :))

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
details please! LOVE IT :appl:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooooooh that's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: My sister is getting a BG Blue and I'm so jelous!! Fluorescence is so cool!!! :appl:

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I am also jealous. I am hoping to upgrade to a larger diamond in a year or two, and would LOVE a Brian Gavin Blue. What ct weight is it?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so cool!!! I love it!!!

jhoshopgirl

Rough_Rock
Very impressive I have to say. :appl:

jsb1976

Rough_Rock
Should have been more specific.
The ring is currently mine, because I have not proposed yet. Still shopping for a setting.

Brian Gavin Blue
1.283ct
J / SI 1
The only flaw is a small crystal, which is sort of hard to see under a loupe, unless held at a certain angle.

Just noticed this also. If you press the "post a reply" button and scroll down, the zoomed in pics I tried to post earlier are listed. Much cooler.

tannet

Shiny_Rock
That is so cool! Now I sort of wish I had chosen a BGD Blue lol.

shattrstar

Rough_Rock
wow amazing!!! so pretty :love:

Lightfoot

Rough_Rock
Very awesome - especially the zoomed-in pics. Thanks for sharing!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
That's so awesome! I love it! I am blue with envy! :wink2:

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear me! I think I need one of these. Holy crap. What makes it blue? A black light? I love the greenish look of the first photo. Wowza.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Hoof - I'm assuming this is a fluorescent reaction so yes a black light would suffice.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Holy moly, that's amazing! I knew fluorescence was a characteristic of diamonds but I never knew it could be such an important one - it's magical!

jsb1976

Rough_Rock
FlawlessForger

Beautiful diamond!!!!! That may have been the 1.5 I had been considering, but I had to restrain myself from splurging, trying to stay within my budget. :wink2:
Wait till you receive it. Seriously cannot tell a J color from the top. And in any type of lighting condition, Brian Gavins diamonds sparkle.
Best Wishes.

Trying to post a few zoomed pics. Then I am finished, promise.

bluzoom3.jpg

bluzoom1.jpg

bluzoom2.jpg

I used a small hand held uv light I purchased form wal mart in the pet department. Camera on a tripod with, 50mm 1.8 with a 2 second exposure time. I have no clue how the green turned up, but I snapped a shot of it because it looked so cool.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Wow thats so cool, JSB :appl: i love the green shot especially!

im getting a stone in the possibly distant but hopefully not too distant future that has med blue fluorescence and i cant wait to see it! tell me, can you see it at all in natural light or some kind of easy to find light? i dont have a UV light!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those of you getting these now are going to be very pleased when the rest of the world catches on to these being SPECIAL because they have this quality and the prices go UP! It is beautiful! :love: Great job! :appl:

jsb1976

Rough_Rock
I have only had the diamond for a week, and to my dissatisfaction, the weather in Saint Louis has been cloudy and overcast everyday, so I have yet to see the diamond in bright sunlight.
The diamond does not glow blue at all under any type of normal lighting indoors.

There really is no risk involved in purchasing a blue diamond. If you receive it and just do not care for it, simply return it. I think there is something like a 15 day return policy, which is more that enough time to play around in different lighting conditions.

I did notice that if I point and LED flashlight at the diamond it will turn a very deep blue if the light hits it a certain way. This may be the same for every diamod though as LED light do not put out UV rays and this is the only diamond I have so no comparison is available.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Does it turn a liliac color outdoors?

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
St Louis?!?!?! I live on the IL side! Holy crap. This diamond is so close to me! Maybe someday I could see it in person? :)

jsb1976

Rough_Rock
[Does it turn a liliac color outdoors?/quote]

Have yet to view it in full sunlight. Been cloudy lately. No color change in cloudy weather.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are AWESOME pics jsb!!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! So cool :love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great Photos!!!! Your diamond is soooooo pretty!!! The color is very rich!!! :love: It looks Awesome!!! :love:

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
Those pics are GORGEOUS! I wonder if there is a fluorescence picture thread? If not, there should be one! I'd love to see more pictures like this from everyone who has diamonds with fluor - I have a VSB stone myself and I LOVE it :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results