shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Handsome New Studs - 1.7 ctw AVRs

summerlove6

Rough_Rock
Hi Pricescopers!

A wonderfully matched pair of 0.85 N color AVRs on Jonathan's August Vintage Inc. website happened to catch my eye recently. I thought it would be such a shame if they weren't put to their best potential use - milgrain bezel studs! However, I was hesitant about the color; I had only seen poorly cut modern rounds in lower colors. I also had been craving a new pendant, so I ordered the N AVRs and a 0.72 K AVC thinking the AVC would be a sure thing, and the AVRs a *maybe*.

The day the stones arrived was gloomy and rainy, and the AVRs brought me sunshine and delight!! The AVC was gorgeous as well, but I decided I prefer the floral pattern of the rounds by a large margin. Pics below of the loose stones - I tried to show them looking their most saturated with color (I have many more pictures with them looking just as white as my estimated G color OEC)! Please excuse my dry hands.

Fresh out of the box:
1.jpg

Side view and top view showing golden color:
3.jpg 4.jpg

With a friend:
5.jpg

With my estimated G color OEC and the J AVC:
6.jpg

Pretty patterns that make my heart go pitter-patter:
7.jpg 8.jpg

I decided the AVRs were for me within a couple of days, but I still fretted over how they would appear once they were set. I'm pretty sure I read every single Pricescope thread on L, M, N and lower color stones, metal colors, milgrain bezels, etc. In the end, I stuck with my plan of 14k white gold and asked Jonathan to set them for me. I originally asked if we could use this stock Stuller setting and add milgrain:
18c97372-c086-4455-a745-a7c900f7db62.jpg

But Jonathan whipped out a lovely CAD and we went back and forth (many times) with ideas and tweaks to the design and I decided I loved the more refined version we created! This was my first time designing a setting, and although it is not too intricate, I had many questions and Jonathan was more than patient with me. Here are the final design images from AV, Inc.:
01_7212c81c-9654-4c5e-8bdd-70a66670e66b_800x.jpg 02_b5f01aca-d30b-4263-b942-7f2921546559_800x.jpg

summerlove6

Rough_Rock
As I waited for them to be set, I worried if I had made the right decision. I looked over my pictures about a thousand times, imagining what they would look like on my ears. When they returned to me and I opened the box, I was literally speechless. I LOVE THEM!! :love: The settings are elegant and delicately made. They perfectly complement the cut and color of the AVRs. The size with the bezel is about as large as my earlobes can handle, and their brightness make them look even bigger!! I have not once seen them looking "yellow". They just sparkle in every light and reflect crazy colors.

First view upon opening the box:
9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

Warning - Barking dogs in this video, lol. This shows how white and bright they look in most environments:

Sunshine and rainbows:
13.jpg

Crazy colors:
14.jpg 15 (2).jpg

With my estimated G OEC:
16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg

summerlove6

Rough_Rock
Lastly, some weird looking ear shots:
19.jpg 20.jpg

By the pool, and under the trees:
21.jpg 22.jpg

I can't thank Jonathan and Vicki at August Vintage Inc. enough. Their service is impeccable and they are both so friendly and helpful. I'm hoping to do business with them again!!

Thank you as well, Pricescopers, for imparting your knowledge regarding ALL things jewelry!! I hope this post and pictures give a little bit back to the community!
:wavey:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Congratulations!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Woweeeeee!

STUNNING!

Ear shots if you want to share those! They look like perfection! Wow. :love: - oh, I see you just did! Wonderful!

Congratulations and it sounds like you had a great experience with Jonathan too!

summerlove6

Rough_Rock
PreRaphaelite - thank you so much!

Lykame - Thank you! I'm glad you appreciate my strange ear shots. I think they are PS requirement, haha. It was very easy and a pleasure to work with Jonathan!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Almost enough to tempt me into getting my ears pierced

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Milgrain bezeled oec studs are high on my wants list, and yours are so gorgeous! I love the N color, I'm preferring the lower colors more and more. I bet the colors these give off are just insanely beautiful! Congrats!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
:geek2::geek2::geek2::geek2::geek2::geek2::geek2: Wow gorgeous!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OHFORGOODNESSSAKES:mrgreen2::appl::love:. I could use me a pair of them babies:lol-2: You'll enjoy them!!

cheers--Sharon

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*** LOVE *** these! Congratulations!!!!!!!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Your studs are gorgeous!! I love that size, I have the exact same....not too big, but they have a huge presence. The settings are really lovely as well. Congratulations!! :love:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are so beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very pretty - enjoy those sparkles!!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
These are fantastic! You did good. I love the old cuts and the modern take on the old cuts in lower colors. And the setting is tdf!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Those are just beautiful! It was definitely worth it to get the custom CAD. :kiss2:

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Love love love the AVRs... beautiful beyond words....:kiss2:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So incredibly beautiful and I love the settings they are in as well!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Lastly, some weird looking ear shots:
19.jpg 20.jpg

So so pretty! They look mesmerizing on you!

By the pool, and under the trees:
21.jpg 22.jpg

I can't thank Jonathan and Vicki at August Vintage Inc. enough. Their service is impeccable and they are both so friendly and helpful. I'm hoping to do business with them again!!

Thank you as well, Pricescopers, for imparting your knowledge regarding ALL things jewelry!! I hope this post and pictures give a little bit back to the community!
:wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So envious!!! :mrgreen2: Those are just gorgeous! :love::love::love: I have such a feeling of love when I see AVRs! You are one of the lucky few who has managed to get a matched pair! :appl:

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
They are so perfect in every way :love:

Congrats!!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are gorgeous! Now I want to reset my studs in bezels! :love:

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are gorgeous......reinforces to me how badly I want an AVR - probably the top of my wish list right now.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are so gorgeous!!! Like glowing disco balls! I really like the cut on these too. I'm always browsing his site to look for what he has available and some of the patterns under the table aren't my favorite, and some I love, but these are amazing! Totally gorgeous in every way

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely amazing! The diamonds are just SOOOO beautiful & I don’t think in my wildest dreams I could have imagined a more perfect setting for them. They are just exquisite!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
WOW! ... & the light yellow views are worth seeing too ...

SPECTACULAR!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful and the stones are a perfect size! Were they sold on the site as a matched pair or are you eagle-eyed?!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your earrings are just gorgeous, and the bezel makes them look even bigger! They look perfect on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results