shape
carat
color
clarity

My "Grown under pressure" ring!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Now that a little kerfuffle related to setting has been smoothly resolved, I wanted to show off my gift-to-myself ring! It's to recognize a big year of personal and professional successes and failures. I went with a totally unabashedly HPHT diamond -- metallic inclusions, blue nuance, nobody would mistake it for mined, ha! It's a 1.26ct G/SI2.

And, if I'm honest, I can barely find the SI2 inclusions (easy to see on the JA video here!), nor can I see the blue nuance (just looks white to me), but at least I know they're there.

Inclusions, best I could catch with my loupe:
PXL_20210629_151221002.jpg

Inscription (see, I'm playing it coy, haha):
PXL_20210719_032317748.jpg

And the ring! Outdoor light, which I figured would bring out the blue the best (but yeah, I still can't see it! I'm one of those people who does AMAZING on the "color discrimination" test but for the life of me can't see color in diamonds. :lol: )
PXL_20210717_162138656.jpg
(Grubby diamond! Curses. Couldn't tell until I cropped and blew up the photo... But it's dark outside now, so, please pretend you don't see the smudging!)

This is why the setting was delayed -- JA's first try at setting was comically high, and on reset they were taking NO chances. I'm not even sure I can get a piece of paper between the culet and the band, which suits me fine!
PXL_20210716_213043383.jpg

I've really appreciated this forum for information about MMDs -- I really felt like I knew EXACTLY what I was getting, between the background knowledge gleaned from here and JA's terrific videos. Zero hesitation, exactly what I wanted, and I'm looking forward to wearing this ring when -- inevitably -- the going gets tough in life again. Be safe, everyone!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Brilliant project! A happy way to commemorate an intense time, I love it! Enjoy it in all the days ahead, which I hope only become calmer and more pleasant (for us all!).

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's fantastic and the height is *perfect* now.
The inscription kicks ass. :cool2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it and the height is perfect! Looks fab on and hope it brings you much happiness and peace when you wear it!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Awesome. I see blue in the straight-on shot but maybe it’s sky. But like you say, if you don’t care, who cares? Love that attitude. Congrats on your eventful accomplishments. Moar photos!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome. I see blue in the straight-on shot but maybe it’s sky. But like you say, if you don’t care, who cares? Love that attitude. Congrats on your eventful accomplishments. Moar photos!

It is sky! Haha, I can't see the blue anywhere. I had actually meant to get one that was overtly lab-grown, but I'm ultimately ok that it doesn't scream synthetic, haha. Here's warm LED light, and by a window on a cloudy day. PXL_20210719_185908863.jpg
PXL_20210719_185939974.MP.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results