shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My great grandmother's e-ring!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
AMAZING! Truly, I am not a big fam of MQ cut stones, but this one is simply stunning. I would take it in a heartbeat :) :love: It's a beautiful heirloom- I can only hope that one day my grandchildren/great grandchildren will feel the same way over mine!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's so gorgeous - and your pics are lovely, as always!

I just love antique marquise. It was never a shape I appreciated until recently, and now I can't seem to get enough of them!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I went offline as you began your stone hunt. Finding this thread is just wonderful news. Thank you so much for sharing the pics as well. I do hope you get to wear it soon, as in, your mother gifting it to you now so that it doesn't become lost again. Amazing ring!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh...this ring is gorgeous! i love the setting...it complements the center stone so perfectly. I am so glad that your mom found it!!!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I love this ring! I am so glad that she found it and it's even more special because it has a family history to it.

(I saved the pictures of it into one of my all time favs folders because have a giant marquise white sapphire that needs a setting and something like that would be perfect!)

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Now THIS is the PERFECT way to set a marquise ...

stci

Ideal_Rock
Do you know if your Great Grandmother wore this beauty with a wedding band?

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Just the most gorgeous ring! It's absolutely breathtaking.

We need more pics!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! Seriously freaking stunning! SO happy she found it!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Wow, really pretty! :love: :love: :love:

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I am so glad she found it. What a sweet story about your grandmother giving it to her in the first place - so sweet! I really love the setting as well. It shows off the stone beautifully. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring, S! So glad she found it!!!!!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's just beautiful! I love an old cut marquise. The mounting is lovely!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Coati, you have excellent taste so I am glad you like it ;))

DS2006, how are you woman?!? We are all glad she found it.

gecko, that IS a nice grandmother :cheeky: she lucked out and got the honeymoon AND a beautiful ring. Funny thing is my dad is SO not into diamonds. He has given her some amazing emerald jewelry but never diamond.

Ande, thanks!

ruhi, thank you!

Gypsy, thanks friend. You need to fly down to take some photos for me! :bigsmile:

iota, she is coming for halloween. I will take some more then!

stci, I will ask my mom but I doubt she will know. She is not a jewelry person *gasp*. I know my mom does not have one of course my great grandmother probably would have kept it. Unfortunately my grandmother is not doing well, so she would not remember either. It is set fairly low so you would need a curved band for sure.

sphen, I agree! Thanks!

cnspotts, I know some PSers are touchy about being inspiration for other jewelry but I know my mom would be honored and thrilled if you wanted to "copy" it. If you ever do, please share pics!

sig, we really thought it was gone forever! Thanks for the compliments!

reader, I have a feeling it is NEVER leaving my moms finger again. I am in no hurry to get it. I am just thrilled my sister gave me her blessing.

Lauren, this is how I thought ALL MQs were cut. Haha. I can never capture the fire or sparkle. Oh well.

Amy, I am sure your future heirs will adore your jewelry. I am sentimental and love the idea of my daughter someday wearing her great-great grandmother's ring.

vesper, thanks! My grandmother's was also beautiful. My MIL has a modern cut MQ. Funny how they all have the same shape!

legra, the facets are so chunky and it throws off huge flashes. I love it. I think it is warmer than a J but that is how it was graded set. It really is irreplaceable.

oranges, thank you!

Winks, I have heard that! They should cut them again. Pass the word on :Up_to_something:

pet, I am honored! Glad you love it as much as I do!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I just love this1 It's gorgeous. So glad you're mom found it. :appl:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and even more beautiful story. I am so glad she's been reunited with it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
S...sorry I've been out of the loop...we moved about 15 minutes east of where we were before, so I think I'm just a little closer to Clt.! Hope you and your family are well!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring. Good thing she found it.

oooohh shiny

Rough_Rock
I love your ring, so gorgeous and unique!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty - and that's a lovely story, I'm so glad she found it!!

:appl: :bigsmile:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie, we are both relieved. My mom was sick over it. Some things are truly irreplaceable.

ooohhh, thanks. It is unique. I don't know the story behind it except it was my great-grandmother's.

oddoneout, thank you!

DS, hope things are well with your family. I am just seeing your post now! Oops! Haha.

kelpie, my mom is not a huge jewelry person but this ring is her heart. I am so glad she found it!

Sparkly, thanks! I am so glad she found it too!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just saw this for the first time! Tacori, your mom's ring is just stunning!! I love it! :love: :love: Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
love everything about this ring!!

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
This. is. stunning! Thank you so much for starting this thread. I love the proportions of the setting to the stone size. I love the way the marquise is cut too. (I'm also not a fan of modern marquise.) Love love love it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks MrsS, Amy, and Sapphire. I wish I could get a really good shot of the chunky facets. Maybe over Christmas when I visit my family. It is so much more beautiful IRL.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Yes, I have seen you since then! Just met a new person in our area over on Rocky Talky so we'll have to have another GTG before too long.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tacori E-ring I saw you reference this ring in a new thread, so had to come & find this thread.

What a STUNNER!! Does your mother still wear & treasure this ring? That cut is beautiful! I am pretty positive I have seen new settings for MQ stones based on this. Do you have a date for it? I super ❤️ it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results