shape
carat
color
clarity

my grammies blue sapphire ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Posted on the colored stones thread but posting here as well. It is a ct weight unknown blue sapphire in yg ring. I was wondering how much it costs to recut a stone because it currently has some dings in it. Also, what do you think the ct weight of the stone?

smugesapp2.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
another

akexsaph1.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
one more

alexsapph2232.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, what a treasure
30.gif
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool ring!!! As for recutting - I haven''t had it done so I can''t give you a price estimate.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sapphire! I''ll probably have the minority opinion on this, but I wouldn''t recut it. I''m not able to see any dings as I look at the picture. Every ding that is there is part of your grammie''s life story.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
7carats???

It''s beautiful. I wouldn''t recut it -- part of the beauty of it is that your grandmother wore it just like that! (At least, to me.) The color is very beautiful as well.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color on your ring!! Richard homer would be able to evaluate and see whether a recut would be a good idea. His work is amazing, but I''m not sure how much it costs. Honestly though, it looks gorgeous just the way it is.

widget

Ideal_Rock
My goodness! That''s a beautiful, BIG sapphire!

I wouldn''t have it recut, but having it re-polished shouldn''t be too expensive. I''ve had that done to a couple of old stones I inherited, and they came back looking almost as good as new...During that process you could find out exactly what it weighs.

widget

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That''s quite the sapphire!
30.gif

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pretty color! Is it a natural sapp, or synthetic?

Anne

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for everyones nice comments, my grandmother really loved this ring as it was given to her by my grandfather who passed away before I was born so wearing it I feel like wearing a little piece of both of them. I didn''t think about repolishing but that is a wonderful idea and I also don''t wear yellow gold really so thinking about having it reset! I just this from my mom a few days ago and havent taken it off so maybe the yg will grow on me :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results