shape
carat
color
clarity

My gorgeous new checkerboard OEC/tranny blingalisciousness!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Re: My gorgeous new checkerboard OEC/tranny blingalisciousne

I love the stone and the setting Bella! Both are timeless and classic, yet unique.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

thanks so much Mara, OneDrop, DS, purplesilk, and Christina!

Mara-the RHR is allegedly between .75 and .8 ct and the pendant stone is allegedly .79...we'll see.

I've never taken stones to be verified. Could I just take to a jeweler (like Yekeutiel at ID) or do I need to find an appraiser?

The RHR, I just want an estimate on size/weight/color/clarity and to make sure that the stone is secure.

The pendant stone, I want removed from the setting, actual color, size, clarity, weight, and then I need to sell the setting (which is diamonds and 14k gold) for scrap.

I am happy to go to several vendors in NYC if necessary (one for removing the pendant stone from its ring setting and check the security of the RHR, one for simple appraisal, and one to sell the setting for scrap), but I don't really know where to start...and it would be ideal if I could just go 1 or 2 places. I am calling ID tomorrow, but wanted to get some PS advice:)

So excited, and a little scared, but mostly excited! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I just took my stones to a local trusted jeweler who ballparked color and clarity for me, weighed the stones. I felt confident enough to assess cut myself. I own a loupe, calipers, an idealscope, and I use the macro mode on my camera to help really assess the stone -- can see facets and inclusions that way really well. If you are not as obsessive.. errr... prepared as I am, then an appraiser may be a better plan.

After that inital look see by a local jeweler I got an EGL report for my larger OEC because I wanted it. For smaller stones, I would likely only get an appraisal done. Both for future resale because, well, that is how I roll.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results