shape
carat
color
clarity

My Good Old Gold solitaire and Memoire band...at last!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second photo is outstanding. Your photography skills with a brand new camera are excellent!!

Thanks for posting more hand shots.
9.gif

I really really like the two rings together. About the size thing...I think I understand. I will be making a jump of OVER a carat and I'm getting a little nervous. And now I hear/see that the stones look bigger once they are set.
7.gif
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2006 10:19:32 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
The second photo is outstanding. Your photography skills with a brand new camera are excellent!!

Thanks for posting more hand shots.
9.gif

I really really like the two rings together. About the size thing...I think I understand. I will be making a jump of OVER a carat and I''m getting a little nervous. And now I hear/see that the stones look bigger once they are set.
7.gif
9.gif
Aww, thanks Stone Hunter! I never did go out and get flowers or anything, so I''m afraid I won''t be as accomplished as some of the girls around here with diamond photography!

I thought I saw you indicate in some thread you had chosen a stone (I think it may have been about insurance), but I don''t recall seeing you post it. Did I miss it or have you not posted it yet? We want to see!!

Actually, my stone was shrinking before I sent it to be set. But it was gone for 4 weeks, so it was big all over again! I guess it will shrink again after I wear it awhile..I hope so!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
DS -- It looks fantastic! The size is really great ~ I bet you get used to it in the next few weeks. And, if you don''t end up liking the head, definitely take it back to get the one you wanted (or have it altered as Mara suggested) AFTER you have had some visitation time with it
2.gif
That band is gorgeous, too! All of your hard work and patience paid off!!!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Oh WOW
30.gif

I love it - it looks amazingly gorgeous together on your hand!!! Can we see some more shots??

Love it!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thanks TurtleDazzle and Rosebud!!! Y''all are so sweet! I do want to try and get some more pictures soon!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, I am so glad you finally got your own digital camera! So now what can we go shopping for?!?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH DS! I just now realized that I hadn''t posted on this thread yet!

OH. MY. WORD.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Fabulous diamond, stunning e-ring (I am really a''loving those cathedral styles these days -- yum!), and of course the Memoire band is gorgeous! I love everything about the way your set looks. It is perfect, simply perfect!

What I think I like best is how both rings are perfectly "balanced". Your w-ring is certainly "holding its own" while still allowing your beautiful center stone to be the focus of the set. Fabulous, simply fabulous.

(And TRUST ME, your diamond will not look too big to you in a few weeks or months!
2.gif
) It''s a great size, BTW, and I think it looks like it''s over 2 carats!

You done GOOD, girl... REEEEEEAL good!

Now... um, more pictures, please!!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2006 3:53:17 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
DS, I am so glad you finally got your own digital camera! So now what can we go shopping for?!?
You have a great mind, S!!! I''ll be thinking on it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2006 6:52:17 PM
Author: Lynn B
OH DS! I just now realized that I hadn''t posted on this thread yet!

OH. MY. WORD.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Fabulous diamond, stunning e-ring (I am really a''loving those cathedral styles these days -- yum!), and of course the Memoire band is gorgeous! I love everything about the way your set looks. It is perfect, simply perfect!

What I think I like best is how both rings are perfectly ''balanced''. Your w-ring is certainly ''holding its own'' while still allowing your beautiful center stone to be the focus of the set. Fabulous, simply fabulous.

(And TRUST ME, your diamond will not look too big to you in a few weeks or months!
2.gif
) It''s a great size, BTW, and I think it looks like it''s over 2 carats!

You done GOOD, girl... REEEEEEAL good!

Now... um, more pictures, please!!!!
36.gif
Lynn, you''re a sweetheart! Thanks! I was trying to get a basket setting but settled for a cupped 4 prong, and somehow it ended up being a V!!! But at this point, all I see is the diamond..finally! So I''m just ignoring the little setting problem for awhile! Thanks for the encouragement about the diamond size, too! I''ve worn it for a couple of days, and it is starting to look "normal" to me! Lol! Good thing I didn''t send it back too quickly!
9.gif
One of these days I just may have to join you in the 2 ct. club!

bae7

Shiny_Rock
I just stumbled on this thread - your rings are absolutely gorgeous!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS!! How did I miss this???

How STUNNING is that set of yours!!!

I am TOTALLY in love.

So much bling there too, for a lady that was protesting diamond sizes! SO STUNNING!!

YAY!

Okay. Just saw the side view. I have to agree with Mara. I needs to be a little more fluid IMO. But it's totally do-able!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Bae and Gypsy!

Gypsy, without having you read through to find this, I just wanted to tell you I picked out a cupped head! Apparently there was some hitch with that plan, and instead of calling me, the jeweler just set the stone in the V head, which I had specifically said I did not want! But it is not bothering me as much as it did at first, so I''m just going to wait a little while to see if maybe I even find a whole other setting before adapting this one. I''m checking on one that Mrssalvo posted today as a matter of fact. Of course, after reading the Lockes issues, I''m pretty happy to have a solitaire with a head on straight and totally polished and finished!

angel777

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/17/2006 11:19:37 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I''m checking on one that Mrssalvo posted today as a matter of fact. Of course, after reading the Lockes issues, I''m pretty happy to have a solitaire with a head on straight and totally polished and finished!

Amen to that! I feel the same way right now. Your set is amazing, I can''t believe I have missed it and didn''t see it earlier! :)
Isn''t it just a relief to get something so major done? I love that I have my sparklie and no more decisions for now. Yay!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Hi there DS! I just got back from my trip (loved China and Japan by the way) and I set off on a mission to find this thread. I am so glad that you have your rings now and I have to tell you that they make a stunning set!!! I am curious about your Memoire band. Do you find that it turns or do the diamonds stay on top? Also how are you feeling about the V head that you ended up with for your solitaire and are you becoming more comfortable with the size of the stone? From the pictures the rings look absolutely gorgeous and perfect on your hand!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Angel! Yes, it is a big relief to get it done!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2006 7:54:37 PM
Author: Sundial
Hi there DS! I just got back from my trip (loved China and Japan by the way) and I set off on a mission to find this thread. I am so glad that you have your rings now and I have to tell you that they make a stunning set!!! I am curious about your Memoire band. Do you find that it turns or do the diamonds stay on top? Also how are you feeling about the V head that you ended up with for your solitaire and are you becoming more comfortable with the size of the stone? From the pictures the rings look absolutely gorgeous and perfect on your hand!
Sundial! You''re back! Wow does the time pass quickly! I hope you''ll tell us all about your trip on hangout!!!

Thank you so much! I am so glad you like them! I do need to try to get some better pictures, but I''ve been out of town this weekend and haven''t had a chance to experiment with the new camera much! (I got the Canon SD600 which is very similar to yours!)

My Memoire band does not turn at all, surprisingly. It might be because it is not loose at all, and I might even get it sized up a tiny bit since I like my rings a little loose rather than tight. I can tell it is a little tighter than the e-ring. But I think if it shifted I would feel it and just move it back into place with my fingers. I just didn''t want full eternity because I felt like the bottom of the shanks get more wear and tear, so I only wanted diamonds on top.

As far as the V head goes, the setting itself shows off the diamond nicely, and no one who has seen the new ring has said a word about the setting...all they see is the diamond! I visited my family this weekend, and neither my sisters nor my mother had a single thought about that head. In other words, it looked fine to them. I get the feeling that PS people are a little more "into" the finer details than the rest of the world, and in reality, there is no one but me who will ever notice whether I have straight or curved prongs! Lol! I did email the jeweler to tell him I was enjoying the rings but was reserving judgment on the head in the event I decide to go to the trauma/trouble of getting it redone. And he said to just live with it awhile and see what I think.

As far as the size goes, my mother and sisters made me feel better about that, too. They loved it, of course, and my one sister said it was bigger than she thought it would be, but she still thought I should have gone for 2 cts! So I do think I am getting used to the size again, thank goodness! (And I am still trying to figure out what size diamond earrings to get! My mother bought my old pair from me this weekend..yay!)

It''s good to have you back!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING set! That diamond is gorgeous...and I love the look of the solitaire and eternity band!! JUST PERFECT!
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2006 10:11:01 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 10/21/2006 7:54:37 PM
Author: Sundial
Sundial! You''re back! Wow does the time pass quickly! I hope you''ll tell us all about your trip on hangout!!!

Thank you so much! I am so glad you like them! I do need to try to get some better pictures, but I''ve been out of town this weekend and haven''t had a chance to experiment with the new camera much! (I got the Canon SD600 which is very similar to yours!)

My Memoire band does not turn at all, surprisingly. It might be because it is not loose at all, and I might even get it sized up a tiny bit since I like my rings a little loose rather than tight. I can tell it is a little tighter than the e-ring. But I think if it shifted I would feel it and just move it back into place with my fingers. I just didn''t want full eternity because I felt like the bottom of the shanks get more wear and tear, so I only wanted diamonds on top.

As far as the V head goes, the setting itself shows off the diamond nicely, and no one who has seen the new ring has said a word about the setting...all they see is the diamond! I visited my family this weekend, and neither my sisters nor my mother had a single thought about that head. In other words, it looked fine to them. I get the feeling that PS people are a little more ''into'' the finer details than the rest of the world, and in reality, there is no one but me who will ever notice whether I have straight or curved prongs! Lol! I did email the jeweler to tell him I was enjoying the rings but was reserving judgment on the head in the event I decide to go to the trauma/trouble of getting it redone. And he said to just live with it awhile and see what I think.

As far as the size goes, my mother and sisters made me feel better about that, too. They loved it, of course, and my one sister said it was bigger than she thought it would be, but she still thought I should have gone for 2 cts! So I do think I am getting used to the size again, thank goodness! (And I am still trying to figure out what size diamond earrings to get! My mother bought my old pair from me this weekend..yay!)

It''s good to have you back!
Thanks DS it is good to be back! You are so right about us being so much more "into" all the little details here on pricescope. You are probably the only person who will ever give your prongs the slightest thought. Who can get past that big beautiful diamond??? I think the size looks terric on you and I am glad you are getting used to it again. Now keep us posted on those earrings! Once you''ve gotten an ideal cut diamond ring for your hand you just can''t settle for those ordinary cut old diamond studs anymore can you? I know, I''ve been there.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results