shape
carat
color
clarity

My Good Old Gold solitaire and Memoire band...at last!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2006 9:28:34 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Very nice! I love your set together. I like how your e-ring band is a little wider. It complements each other.
Thanks Gg! At first I was trying on narrow solitaire rings and the wedding band with 10 point stones didn''t look right. So once the jeweler gave me the 3mm setting to try, it worked much better with the 10 pointer band which is also about 3mm.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You FINALLY have your upgrade! J, there were times when I didn''t think you would get there
2.gif
The bands looked great with the solitare. I would have KP fix the head otherwise it will always bother you. Congrats again!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Yaaaaaaay! You finally got the completed product. And it looks great by the way. I love that new Memoire band as well! Congratulations.
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2006 9:56:14 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You FINALLY have your upgrade! J, there were times when I didn't think you would get there
2.gif
The bands looked great with the solitare. I would have KP fix the head otherwise it will always bother you. Congrats again!
Thanks, S!!! You were so sweet to go shopping with me! I know I should get it fixed, but right now I don't have the energy to tackle it! I am afraid that the cupped head must not have been compatible with the rest of the ring. When he looked it up in the catalog originally, it did not have the head I wanted as an option for the ring, so he flipped to another part to find the cupped head. I didn't get into it with him other than to say it was not the head I chose.

Thank you, too, onedrop!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2006 9:23:37 PM
Author: kcoursolle
It''s beautiful!!! Your stone looks like the perfect size on your finger. What an amazing stone it is, well worth the torture of waiting.

OK...so your 7-stone memoire band may have convinced me to get a 5-stone myself instead of an eternity band!!!
2.gif
It''s beautiful, blingy, and looks so gosh darn classic! The workmanship on your band is exquisite. Sometimes all you really need to make up your mind is a picture. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

I''d love to see more pictures of your beautiful set. Congratulations.
Oops! Almost missed yours as you must have posted while I was writing a reply! Thanks for your kind words! I''d also love to have a larger 5 stone as a stand-alone ring! I do think you''d enjoy having one. And this band is so smooth and comfortable, yet all you see is the stones across the finger. Good luck on your decision and I''ll look forward to seeing yours soon!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, it''s just gorgeous. the diamond is stunning and really does look big in the pics so i''m not surprised it looks big to you. I do think after you wear it for a few weeks you''ll get used to it and it won''t seem too big at all. The eternity band looks perfect with your stone and I love the size of the 10 pointers with your 1.6 stone.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2006 6:26:28 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Thanks so much Dee Jay and Kaleigh! Honestly, I just settled on the solitaire because I couldn''t decide. So I don''t have a heavy investment in the setting anyway. It is really nice quality and would be fine except for the head. But I might just live with it.
it''s really beautiful from every direction, with that head too! It seems high though, you might want to see if the other head would lower it another mm or something... either way its going to be gorgeous!!!

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
DS, those pics are amazing! You have lovely hands, too. I think it looks just beautiful on you. I actually don''t think the head looks bad in there, but I can also understand your disappointment too. Thanks for sharing pics so quick! Mokey

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
The two rings look absolutely wonderful together. The Memoire band is really, really pretty. Who knows? Maybe you''ll decide you like the head.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, thanks so much, mrssalvo, cehra, and mokey!!!

The whole reason I chose the other head was to make the diamond as low as possible. The diamond is set as low as it can be in the V head, but it's still higher than I wanted. I think the other head just wasn't made for this particular setting, and the jeweler really recommended this setting because it allows the band to sit flush and there is nothing to rub on the other ring. I'm just not sure yet what I'll do.

Hey Cind11! I am going to try to learn to like it so I don't have the trauma of dealing with it!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2006 10:55:01 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Oh, thanks so much, mrssalvo, cehra, and mokey!!!

The whole reason I chose the other head was to make the diamond as low as possible. The diamond is set as low as it can be in the V head, but it''s still higher than I wanted. I think the other head just wasn''t made for this particular setting, and the jeweler really recommended this setting because it allows the band to sit flush and there is nothing to rub on the other ring. I''m just not sure yet what I''ll do.

Hey Cind11! I am going to try to learn to like it so I don''t have the trauma of dealing with it!
I totall know what you mean about wanting it low vs sitting flush... with the feelings I''ve had this week I''m rethinking a stand alone ring because I don''t want to give up wearing my weding band.... but I don''t want it high either and with a 9.5mm stone it has to be high or 9.5mm wide LOL Whichever you decide is going to be beautiful - and considering you really still on the look for your deam setting, I don''t think it matters too much :)

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your set!! Your memoire band is amazing! Okay, damn you PS, now I really can''t get just a plain band for the WB. My future husband is going to kiiiiill me!
28.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS that side shot you posted doesn''t look half bad. it''s a little high, but you could have them bring it down a bit and also thin out the V prongs so they don''t quite have that sharp shardy looking edge inside near the stone. i''d have them thin those out and give them a bit of a ''curve'' from the inside, lower the head a bit and make the prongs a little smaller and more claw like (all doable by the way!!!) and then that setting will be really lovely and not remotely bad for a potential temp. i really like the flare on the sides of the cathedral...the head just needs a bit of work.

and DAYUM that stone looks big. in a GOOD WAY. what size is your finger again? i love the memoire band big time with that ring.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seeks, it all looks great - congratulations! I would live with the head for a while and see if it does grow on you...It must be so exciting to have your set after being so patient, love the band too!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
Your new rings are lovely! You must have gotten no sleep for looking at them.....*grin* ( I have been known to wake up in the night and turn on the light to look at mine...but don''t tell anyone this!)

I feel that with time, you will know whether or not to pursue a change in the head of your solitaire. It''s not something that has to be done now...but, many of us who are excited and pleased about our pieces do eventually change something so this is not unusual.

Enjoy.....you have some gorgeous eye candy, there!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I love those ring together. That diamond is amazing, just perfect. That said, I do want to say that if you are not 100% happy with the head, I would have it switched. Two-Three weeks without your ring might be worth a lifetime with the perfect setting head. However, if you might change the setting in the near future, than leave-it-be. Also, you might want to take it to a jeweler, like Mara said, to have it altered a tad...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber...awww, thanks! I hope your fiance doesn''t get too mad at me! Haha! But I do hope you can get a wedding band that you love!

Mara...That''s a great idea about thinning down the prongs, etc. I may do that if it looks like I am keeping the setting long term. I do love the band on it..it has very smooth edges and is comfortable. My ring size is 5 3/8. I was wearing 5 1/4 but they were a little tight. I''m really happy that you like the Memoire band! I am really pleased with that!

Lorelei, Susi, and UCLABelle...Thanks! I agree that I need to live with the ring awhile before making a decision about altering the head. I need to try to adjust to the size of the diamond first! Lol!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Wow, all I can say is gorgous set! So classic and blingy! I especially love the w-band. I have always loved that style but the e-ring stone is truly to die for!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, DS, I love love love your new set!!! Well worth the wait. Your stone is just amazing and huge
30.gif
, and I love the memoire band too. I say that if you are not completely happy with the head on the e-ring though, change it. You don''t want to have any regrets....

Anyway, it really is just beautiful!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I have not responded to the SMTR threads in a while, been stressed about the stuff that''s been going on with my house, but how could I not respond to this long awaited thread!!!!
2.gif

Love the set, it doesn''t look to high to me at all, if anything, it makes the diamond bigger looking, which is always a plus!!!!

I love the memoire band. I want one one day, probably something with just five diamonds, about .25 each. But definitely a memoire. They make great quality rings.

It''s a beautiful set and I think it is just gorgeous and looks perfect on your hand. Wear it in good health!!!
2.gif

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
DS, CONGRATS!! I''m so glad you have that gorgeous rock on your finger finally. I love both the new solitaire AND the band-- it looks perfect together.

You will have to share more photos.
36.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I love the new band it compliments your solitare so perfectley.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much jazmine, Dani, Butterfly, DL, and Angel N! It means a lot to me for all of you to take the time to stop in and say such encouraging comments!

I am going to try to see if I can get a few more pictures today!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No time to get flowers, but here are a couple more beginner shots since I hardly know how to work the new camera!

newringsIMG_0043.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the new pics DS. your stone really is so fabulous. I really do think you''re going to get used to the size. I''m sure it seems huge b/c you''ve made a pretty big jump from your one carat e-ring. i bet it''s *shrunk* by Christmas
2.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think I''m in love!!! I love the new pics!!!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2006 4:34:29 PM
Author: mrssalvo
love the new pics DS. your stone really is so fabulous. I really do think you''re going to get used to the size. I''m sure it seems huge b/c you''ve made a pretty big jump from your one carat e-ring. i bet it''s *shrunk* by Christmas
2.gif
Thanks, mrss! Honestly, I did email Jon some pictures and told him I was having diamond-size-anxiety (DSA) just to prepare him in case I asked to switch! Lol! Maybe I should have worn a 1.4 first and then upgraded to this! I''ll take a picture and show you just how much size difference there is! I do hope it shrinks, though, because I love it otherwise!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results