shape
carat
color
clarity

My Gemstone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I would play with them all day long. Just looking at them and running my fingers over them would be so calming, but then I would likely be dreaming up what to do with them...ring, earring, necklace....so many choices if you chose to set any of them! You could start a trend here!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondfan, I do run my fingers through them and play with them sometimes. I is realy fun. I also enjoy laying them out to see how something would look.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
26.gif
Marcy, i was just re-reading through your thread and looking at the pics again...I'm with DF,but to take it one step further I am fantasizing about grabbing handfuls of stones and dripping them down my face and neck while laying in my bed surrounded by pillows with bon bons closeby. LOL! If I told my DH that he'd have me committed right away!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, LOL. Wow, that would be living , huh? I''d swap out the bon bons for lindt white chocolate truffles though.
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, I''m not even a chocolate fan, I was just using poetic license! I do LOVE white chocolate, though...those LIndt things sound wonderful! May I adjust my previous post to include them? Ha ha!
9.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Where and how do you order these gemstone packs? Sounds like a fun collection! I want to start a dish too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my promised close up of some of the stones. This is about 20 times magnified. Most of the stones in the dish are 4mm or smaller.

mcgemsclose.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUMMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That pic really brings to life the word jewels for me - jewels .....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, the white chocoalte Lindt Truffles are worth every 77 calorie they contain. They are awesome! That''s why I don''t keep them around the house.
1.gif

Jelly, I bought my assorted packs and some of the loose stones from here (check their wholesale page for the assorted packs). I also buy loose stones from here and here. I hope you do start your own dish and I will be anxious to see your photos.

I try to find the cheapest stone I can get just to have one for my dish which is why so many of my stones are small. I see the first link has some new assorted kits, I might have to go look them over to see if there is something I can''t live without.
19.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Lorelei. Maybe someday the dish will be "full". Right now it is about 1/4 inch deep of a 4 inch dish.
emsmile.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2007 1:40:20 PM
Author: marcyc
Thanks, Lorelei. Maybe someday the dish will be 'full'. Right now it is about 1/4 inch deep of a 4 inch dish.
emsmile.gif
Wouldn't that be great??? An inlaid jewel box would be just right for those, like sunken treasure! That pic is making me all fanciful!
3.gif
Hey - we still need an astronomy thread sometime!

When I wrote jewel box it made me think of the Southern hemisphere!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jelly, the first link where I bought my assorted kits from has an imperfect / bargain section too that are very reasonable.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, an inlaid jewel box; sounds very, very nice. The Jewel Box is a very pretty cluster of stars. Maybe I should suggest that to my husband for kitchen counter tops. Wow, that would be PRICEY, huh? I will have to start an astronomy thread sometime. That would be fun.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2007 1:46:41 PM
Lorelei, an inlaid jewel box; sounds very, very nice. The Jewel Box is a very pretty cluster of stars. Maybe I should suggest that to my husband for kitchen counter tops. Wow, that would be PRICEY, huh? I will have to start an astronomy thread sometime. That would be fun.
Yay for enabling!
41.gif

The astronomy thread would be great sometime, I wonder if Strm is interested?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 1:06:34 AM
Author: monarch64
26.gif
Marcy, i was just re-reading through your thread and looking at the pics again...I''m with DF,but to take it one step further I am fantasizing about grabbing handfuls of stones and dripping them down my face and neck while laying in my bed surrounded by pillows with bon bons closeby. LOL! If I told my DH that he''d have me committed right away!
OMG, Monnie you are so fricken funny! LOL!!!! I love that. hehehehe
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 1:25:50 PM
Here is my promised close up of some of the stones. This is about 20 times magnified. Most of the stones in the dish are 4mm or smaller.
mcgemsclose.JPG
Wowzers, I WISH I had a bowl like that!!! You are my hero
cheerleader1.gif
Thank goodness, I was craving another sneak peak of the bowl and stumbled on to this *exta pic*!!! Swooooooon.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2007 1:23:51 AM
Sorry, I haven''t check this thread for awhile. Thank you UCLA, Lorelei, DeeJay,Jess, Crown1, Skippy, and Diamondfan for the compliments on my collection.

Jess, I am sure your 2 year old would have fun playing with your gems. I hope you start a dish too. I''ll be anxious to see your collection.

Skippy, I will take some close-up photos just for you and get them posted. I started colleting gemstones for my dish about 3 years ago. I had a really bad day at work so decided to order my first assorted 100 carat pack that night. I made a BAD error that got unwanted attention all the way up to the CEO. Although we were down 2 people (out of 6), the workload was at it''s highest for the year, last minute changes were coming in and the 2 people I had working for me weren''t my key people, I was still responsible for the mistake. I got a write up for failure to follow procedures mostly because the CEO wanted ''names''. I am totally a Miss Goodie 2 shoes and never get in trouble so I was really upset. I cried for 2 days over it. My sweet husband took me to dinner that night and tried to get me to buy some jewelry but I didn''t find anything I wanted. So when we got home that night I ordered my first 100 carat pack. I was kind of surprised how small a 100 carat pack was; so I ordered another one. After getting those 2 packs in my dish I decided to start ordering little gems of each type of faceted stone. The only stones I can think of that I don''t have in there yet are paraiba tourmaline and laboradite. I''ll have to get some soon. I buy loose stones all the time to see if I want to mount them in jewelry (existing or new mountings); if I don''t want them for jewelry I usually just add them to my collection. Also thank you for directing other people to my gemstone thread.

Marcy
Ahhhhh, I just saw this message; thank you thank you thank you!!!! You are so precious to do that!!!
12.gif
All of us are loving your pics and such a clever idea
emidea.gif
I am sorry about the mean boss; sounds like you are enjoying work now (so happy for you). People love your stuff Marcy; way cool collection!!!
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, thank you for liking my gem dish idea. I always thought of loose gemstones when I saw the clear marbles in flower vases so that is probably where the idea grew from. I''m glad to post pictures of my gems for everyone to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results