shape
carat
color
clarity

My Gemstone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here is my prozac in a dish. My crystal dish is full of loose, natural gemstones. Every Christmas and birthday I put “loose gemstones” on my wish list. I never got them. A few years ago I had a very bleak week and I was really down so I order an assorted 100 carat gemstone pack online, bought the crystal dish and my prozac in a dish was born. I loved it so much I ordered a couple more assorted gemstone kits. Soon I decided to try and get one of each type of faceted gemstone (or close to it) to put in my dish. I bought tiny little gemstones one of the coolest was a 3 mm round color change sapphire that changed from ruby red to Ceylon blue and I dropped it down the chair loosing it forever learning my lesson ALWAYS look at gemstones over a table with a light cloth so if you drop them they stick and you can see them. My family thought the dish was so cool they actually gave me money for my birthday that year to get more gemstones. Here is a list of the special stones I put in the dish:

3 mm rd blue diamond
3 mm rd champagne diamond
5 x 7 ov yellow beryl
3.8 x 2.9 pr hessonite garnet
6 x 3 marquise London blue topaz
5 x 3 pr hessonite garnet
6 x 4 oval morganite
4.6 x 2.5 marquise ruby
5 x 4 ov color change sapphire
5 x 4 ov violet spinel
5x5 trill rhodolite garnet
4.5 rd blue zircon
3.9 trill chrome diopside
4.3 x 3.3 oval ruby
8 x 3.9 mar iolite
8 x 6 em ametrine
4 mm hrt mystic topaz
3.3 hrt tsavorite garnet
6.8 x 3.4 marq apatite
3.3 x 2.5 oval sapphire
4.8 x 3.6 marquise yellow sapphire
4 x 3 oval emerald
5 x 3 pr aquamarine
2.8 x 2.2 oval alexandrite
3.5 mm rd cherry opal
3 mm rd apatite
7 mm hrt mystic topaz
5 x 7 em golden beryl
4 mm rd sapphire
3.8 x 3.1 oval sapphire pink
2.5 mm rd spessartite
7 mm trill citrine
5 x 10 mq peridot
6mm trill iolite
6 mm trill rhodolite garnet
6 mm rd kunizite
8 x 4 mm marq iolite
5 x 3 ov pink tourmaline
5 x 3 pr tanzanite
2.5 mm diamond
4x4 cu rubellite
8mm rd moldavite
8mm tr green amethyst
6x4 ov spessartite garnet
2.7 mm rd yellow diamond
4x3 ov color change sapphire
6x4 cushion cut andalusite

The dish is fun to look at and sometimes I dump the stones out on a plate to go through them with tweezers for fun and relaxation. I pick up each stone and try to figure out what it is (my list comes in handy then). The entertainment value is best for those watching me though because I am NOT very good with tweezers.

mcgemdish.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
What a great idea!! A crystal dish full of sparklies makes a lovely whatnot...prettier and healthier than jelly beans...

.....And you're right! I feel calmer and more cheerful just looking at the picture!
5.gif

widget

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
way kewl idea!!
that is kewl!
I do something similar when I''m stressed out, take out my collection and spend a few hours playing with them and a dozen lights and a couple loups.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what fun!!!!! Can I come over? j/k. Awesome collection
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone. Maybe someday the dish will be full.
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW I really love this idea. I had thought I wanted a treasure chest full of jewels. This is a realistic version of my treasure chest. What a GOOD idea you have.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How fun is that?? Love that idea!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad you guys like my idea. I even have a picture of my gem dish hanging up at my desk at work.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your idea. I can''t imagine anything to ease stress, than to look at that dishfull of beautiful gems.

Linda

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
That''s a good idea, I have an 15 month old baby though. He would probably would eat them. My four year old twins would probably hide them. Very pretty!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a great idea! Very cool and pretty!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone.

Twodoor2 I had to smile at what your children would do with the gemstones. My husband would hide my gem dish from we as well.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hey, what an original idea! Now, you need to show us those little gumdrops up close!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I think I''ll pass on trying to photograph the gemstones one at a time. As klutzy as I am with tweezers I''d probably loose 1/2 of them!
19.gif

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Love your passion, makes me feel that gems should be used for therapy.
You just summed up why we all love gems so much, we''re all crazy in love with them :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Leggs. I think any of us PS''ers could be cheered up by gemstones. They sure brighten my day.

StonesRock07

Rough_Rock
To find your lost stone you might want to try putting a stocking over your vacuum hose and vacuuming the chair the stocking will prevent the stone from being sucked down into the vacuum but it will still have the suction. It may not work but heck if it was me I would try to find that little color change. I think color changes are amazing one of my favorites.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
THAT is awesome!! That''s my kind of zen garden! What a brilliant idea!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummm, that definitely is my kind of candy dish!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the idea Stonezrock. It was sure a very neat gem.

Sumbride, I like the idea of a zen garden, it''s not as much work as my flowers.

Michelle, I like this as a candy dish - it''s not fattening.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
What a great great idea....HOW ADORABLE/FUNNY is that! AND THEY ARE REAL TOO! YUMMY!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to bump this thread Marcy, I can only echo Strm by saying WAY KEWL!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a FANTASTIC idea! (And I love the *non-fattening* part too, LOL!)

Gem Lover

Rough_Rock
Marcyc,

This is such a great idea! I just might have to start my own. I''ll just have to keep it up high where my 2 yr. old won''t snacth it! Thanks for sharing.

Jess

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
how clever!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey friend!
Could you take more pics of your pretty''s? I keep drooling wanting more! hehe

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a brilliant plan, pun intended! THAT is an awesome idea, and so great that they make you feel calm. Better than medication anyday!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
When did you start collecting these?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I haven''t check this thread for awhile. Thank you UCLA, Lorelei, DeeJay,Jess, Crown1, Skippy, and Diamondfan for the compliments on my collection.

Jess, I am sure your 2 year old would have fun playing with your gems. I hope you start a dish too. I''ll be anxious to see your collection.

Skippy, I will take some close-up photos just for you and get them posted. I started colleting gemstones for my dish about 3 years ago. I had a really bad day at work so decided to order my first assorted 100 carat pack that night. I made a BAD error that got unwanted attention all the way up to the CEO. Although we were down 2 people (out of 6), the workload was at it''s highest for the year, last minute changes were coming in and the 2 people I had working for me weren''t my key people, I was still responsible for the mistake. I got a write up for failure to follow procedures mostly because the CEO wanted "names". I am totally a Miss Goodie 2 shoes and never get in trouble so I was really upset. I cried for 2 days over it. My sweet husband took me to dinner that night and tried to get me to buy some jewelry but I didn''t find anything I wanted. So when we got home that night I ordered my first 100 carat pack. I was kind of surprised how small a 100 carat pack was; so I ordered another one. After getting those 2 packs in my dish I decided to start ordering little gems of each type of faceted stone. The only stones I can think of that I don''t have in there yet are paraiba tourmaline and laboradite. I''ll have to get some soon. I buy loose stones all the time to see if I want to mount them in jewelry (existing or new mountings); if I don''t want them for jewelry I usually just add them to my collection. Also thank you for directing other people to my gemstone thread.

Diamondfan, I liked your "brilliant" plan pun. It''s amazing how much going through and looking at my gemstones can really reduce my stress and relax me. I get my little list out and try to find all the stones I have on my list. There are a lot of the quartz family stones in there - amethyst, topaz, citrine so it is fun to hunt the special stones down.

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results