shape
carat
color
clarity

My first post - my engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking for a while (doesn't every newbie say this
emotion-5.gif
?), admiring everyone's beautiful rings and learning more about diamonds in general! I got engaged two about two weeks ago, and would like to share my story and ring. My boyfriend and I have been together for 8.5 years - we met during the first week of college. About a month and a half later, we decided to start dating and have been together ever since.

I ruined the original proposal - he was planning to ask me in our favorite Japanese restaurant. During dinner, for some unknown reason (since we weren't discussing proposals, etc), I said to him "I don't think I would want to be proposed to in a restaurant - it's just too public and I would feel really embarassed". Later on, he asked me if I noticed the color drain from his face
emcrook.gif
after I said that in the restaurant, which of course I didn't - I was too busy devouring the yummy food!

When we got home, he got on one knee and asked me...which was perfect! We have been talking about rings more recently, but I didn't think that he was far along in the process. I've always wanted an antique ring, nothing too large, with a simple band, but he wasn't too keen on me owning a ring that was belonged to someone else. My boyfriend said that he told his parents last November he was ready to ask me to marry him, and that his entire family was involved in the process. His father's co-worker's wife used to work with a custom jewelry designer, Brenda L. Cohen (Brenda L. Cohen Fine Jewelery Design in Philadelphia), so he had her make a ring for me. The amazing thing is that Brenda was about 8 months pregnant (we think he may have already had her baby) and he told me that he was worried that he would not get the ring in time! We live in the DC area, so he was making secret trips to Philly, telling me he was "training" at work, so my friends now joke that whenever he tells me that he is training, it's code for buying me beautiful jewelry
emotion-5.gif
!

The ring turned out beautifully and I could not be more thrilled by it! It was made to look antiquey...here are the specs: 1.19 carat cushion brilliant diamond, D color and VS1 clarity. It's a halo setting, set low, with 16 little diamonds totaling .16 carats. It's a platinum band with gorgeous detailing on the sides. It's currently sized at 4.75, but I need to have it sized down as it's a bit big.

Thanks for letting me share!

sl1.JPG

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Another picture

sl2.JPG

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about my hands...I had just washed the dishes and they were pretty dry...

sl3.JPG

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Another picture...

sl4.JPG

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Last picture...

sl5.JPG

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Enjoy your beautiful ring
30.gif

richipat

Rough_Rock
beautiful ring -- congrats!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! What a beautiful ring!!!
30.gif
It looks so gorgeous on your pretty hand!!!
36.gif
More photos please!!!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! amazing ring.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beauty! Love that cushion and the setting is so delicately carved - it is a wonderful combination!!! Welcome!
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the board! Congratulations on your engagement and your beautiful ring.
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s just beautiful...welcome to PS too..

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!
Your future hubby did good!
If your ring is any indication, I''d say it''s safe to trust him with all future "surprise" jewelry purchases!
2.gif

Welcome to PS
36.gif

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
Hi SuLi,

First, gorgeous ring! I love the antique look.

Second, I have a very similar story! I also met my now husband my first week at college, started dating a month later and were together 7.5 years before getting married. I too somewhat ruined the proposal since I was really cranky after being stuck in traffic in the rain and only having 5 minutes to get ready for our date. He picked the most romantic restaurant in town (supposedly) and my first 2 comments were: "this restaurant is not very romantic" and "I don''t like the lighting at this table, let''s get a different one". (Little did I know that he had picked out the table for privacy. ) Then, while he was trying to talk about our past and other romantic things (which he never does), I was talking about my family, my friends etc.. and not clueing in.. I had just gotten back from a business trip and didn''t realize he got the ring while I was gone. Anyway, he did propose there and I was over the moon but since I switched tables (to the middle of the restaurant) he didn''t get down on one knee.. oh well..

Congratulations on your engagement!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, Yummo and ICY WHITE, stunning!!! Congrats and thanks for sharing
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love all of the engraving and detail!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, thanks for sharing!!!! Congratulations!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
What a way to introduce yourself to the new board! Welcome, and gorgeous ring! Congratulations on your engagement.

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind comments!
35.gif
I''m so happy to be here!

Ausable - It''s nice to read a similar experience. It was raining all day for us too...rainy and cold. It was a really nice way to cap off a dreary day.

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
It''s so beautiful! Congrats!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! Congrats!
36.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
what a gorgeous ring!!! congrats!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring is gorgeous and it looks HUGE (in a good way, of course) on you! Congratulations!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE YOUR RING!
30.gif
You are my kind of gal. Our rings are similar. I am also a lover of the antique look. ENJOY this beautiful ring. Tell your fiance he did an amazing job!
36.gif

Annette

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
What a very lovely ring. It looks huge. It really looks like an antique, with all the scroll work and such. Congrats and enjoy that ring!
36.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Similar story here as well!! My boyfriend and I met the summer before college, and became official september 24 of our freshman year (1998). It will be nine years in September.
1.gif
Your ring is gorgeous and looks massive!!!! Congratulations on your engagement!!!
36.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!! and that is one GORGEOUS RING!!!!

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Oh, it''s lovely, and that sounds like a lovely diamond! Congrats!
36.gif

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous design! Congrats!

-J

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results