shape
carat
color
clarity

My first and probably my last LOGR ring..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli,
Curious - did you win your ring at a low start price auction, or did you pay for it with "buy it now" or a higher starting price?

Thanks

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I bid the starting price. I didn''t win it though, someone outbid me by ten dollars. The next day, I got a second chance offer for the starting price and took it. I wondered if it was just thrown together cheaply and quickly since I paid such a low price. How did you win yours?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if this really is a factor! It would be pretty wrong. If I was to get a lower quality ring, I should be given an option to pay a little more.

I won two settings for under $100 each during the early days. I haven''t paid for them yet because he is not sending me the inovice (it has been over a month!). I am not rushing it since I am still trying to find the right stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2008 1:06:50 AM
Author: Kelli
I bid the starting price. I didn''t win it though, someone outbid me by ten dollars. The next day, I got a second chance offer for the starting price and took it. I wondered if it was just thrown together cheaply and quickly since I paid such a low price. How did you win yours?
Thanks Kelli,
Not to hijack the thread, but there may be a pattern here. I bought two LOGR settings outright - paid the "Buy it Now" and upgraded the diamonds on one of them. The diamonds sparkle on both those settings, even the SI ones on one of those. I won the three stone rose gold setting for a low price, and I made him put in writing that the diamonds would be VS (that''s what the listing indicated). They''re really SI, but they sparkle. They''re not frozen spit stones. The other LOGR doesn''t count because he sent me the wrong ring, but the diamonds in that one are SI, not VS, even though I paid to upgrade to VS. It''s 18K though, and I paid for 14K, so I decided to keep it.

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 12:09:02 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Date: 11/21/2008 7:24:13 PM

Author: flowerladytoo

Your ring is beautiful, but I don''t blame you ONE BIT for being upset. LOGR''s response is abysmal. I hope he comes on here and sees this thread. His link to pricescope still shows up in some of his auctions. He may lose customers if he leaves it and people actually click and read.

I was going to get the round bezel halo ring with the surprise stones for my OEC, but I have had serious second thoughts after seeing all the quality issues with LOGR. I have also ordered a ring from another Chinese seller who was great to work with, good communication etc. The ring should be here tomorrow or Monday and I will report on it and the seller after it arrives. It wouldn''t work for my OEC though, I got it for a larger colored stone. I really had my heart set on that LOGR bezel setting, but I don''t want to take a chance with my OEC if the setting is shoddy. So I am probably going to get an antique reproduction ring for my diamond, instead. It would have looked awesome in that halo though...sigh.
40.gif

I hope that you love your new ring! Please post pics! Thank you for your comments.

Just got the ring from a different China seller (lan.bo4)
9.gif
9.gif
Was really worried about the quality, but i am thrilled! I have several stone options, but I''m really loving my slightly oval mandarin garnet in the setting (which is actually made for a round).

The diamonds are very white and very sparkly and the quality is very good, they are absolutely white, and no dark spots and have fire, even though they are tiny. Will take pics tonight and post them :). He''s also making a ring for my daughter and this certainly put my mind at ease about that. I paid less than $100 for this ring before upgrading the diamonds and having it sized to fit and having the prongs and donut made in rose gold ($30 total upcharge). Would like opinons on the garnet, vs a couple other stones.

Maybe I just lucked up but this is as nice or nicer than I have seen in jewelry stores. Christmas came early LOL
4.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t wait to see it. Actually there have been complaints about LOGR and Jewe2004, the two big Chinese manufacturers of low cost mounts on ebay. I hope that lan.bo4 can outshine these other sellers. Looking forward to pics. I''ve been contemplating their settings, but I haven''t seen anyone post pictures of them.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 7:43:59 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Can''t wait to see it. Actually there have been complaints about LOGR and Jewe2004, the two big Chinese manufacturers of low cost mounts on ebay. I hope that lan.bo4 can outshine these other sellers. Looking forward to pics. I''ve been contemplating their settings, but I haven''t seen anyone post pictures of them.
I have been working with him and he is actually my favourite from the start. I haven''t received anything yet because I don''t have the right stones but he has great communication. I am actually having him custom make something for me - I know it is a big risk but I have faith :razz:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2008 4:21:26 PM

Your ring is beautiful, but I don''t blame you ONE BIT for being upset. LOGR''s response is abysmal. I hope he comes on here and sees this thread. His link to pricescope still shows up in some of his auctions. He may lose customers if he leaves it and people actually click and read.

I was going to get the round bezel halo ring with the surprise stones for my OEC, but I have had serious second thoughts after seeing all the quality issues with LOGR. I have also ordered a ring from another Chinese seller who was great to work with, good communication etc. The ring should be here tomorrow or Monday and I will report on it and the seller after it arrives. It wouldn''t work for my OEC though, I got it for a larger colored stone. I really had my heart set on that LOGR bezel setting, but I don''t want to take a chance with my OEC if the setting is shoddy. So I am probably going to get an antique reproduction ring for my diamond, instead. It would have looked awesome in that halo though...sigh.
40.gif

I hope that you love your new ring! Please post pics! Thank you for your comments.

9.gif
9.gif
Was really worried about the quality, but i am thrilled! I have several stone options, but I''m really loving my slightly oval mandarin garnet in the setting (which is actually made for a round).

The diamonds are very white and very sparkly and the quality is very good, they are absolutely white, and no dark spots and have fire, even though they are tiny. Will take pics tonight and post them :). He''s also making a ring for my daughter and this certainly put my mind at ease about that. I paid less than $100 for this ring before upgrading the diamonds and having it sized to fit and having the prongs and donut made in rose gold ($30 total upcharge). Would like opinons on the garnet, vs a couple other stones.

Maybe I just lucked up but this is as nice or nicer than I have seen in jewelry stores. Christmas came early LOL
4.gif

I am glad you are thrilled! I too am familiar with lan.bo4 and Jewe2004 ...but after my experience with LOGR, I think it would be best for me to stay away from the manufactured/assembly line type sellers from China. With my luck, I would order something to certain specifications and they would get it all wrong. I know that is rather pessimistic, but it seems to go that way for me more than I care to mention...
14.gif

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 8:51:39 PM
Date: 11/24/2008 4:21:26 PM

40.gif

9.gif
9.gif

4.gif

I am glad you are thrilled! I too am familiar with lan.bo4 and Jewe2004 ...but after my experience with LOGR, I think it would be best for me to stay away from the manufactured/assembly line type sellers from China. With my luck, I would order something to certain specifications and they would get it all wrong. I know that is rather pessimistic, but it seems to go that way for me more than I care to mention...
14.gif

I know what you mean. I am interested to see if the ring he is making for my daughter is as nice as this one. I''m not holding my breath but he did get this one exactly right, so I am thrilled with it, especially for the price. I am putting up another thread shortly with pics. I can''t decide between my rhodolite garnet or mandarin, though I am leaning toward the rhodolite.

I wish your ring had worked out for you. It''s a really pretty setting, and your stone is to die for! I hope you find another ring soon that is just right for your beautiful stone!
4.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 6:11:51 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 11/21/2008 6:01:17 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 11/21/2008 5:56:40 PM
Author: Fly Girl
After reading about these sorts of settings, I ordered one from another e-bay vendor in China. I was fully prepared to return it if it wasn''t right. It came and they had not resized the setting for a different size center stone, which I had paid for. The setting was on its way back to China the next day.

I think you can''t get too attached to these settings until you get it and confirm that everything is right. It''s hard, but be strong!
Do you mind sharing the name of the vendor? The reason I ask is because a PS''er ordered a ring that was supposed to be made to fit a round stone. The ring was orginally made to fit a square stone. She paid extra for the custom work, but they still sent her a setting to fit a square stone. I suspect I know who this is. Did you have to return this to China?
jewe2004, and yes, I''m returning to China, but they said they would pay for return postage. Have not gotten the refund yet, but it has only been a few days.
Update: jewe2004 has refunded my money, and, after a couple of additional inquiries, he refunded my return shipping cost (to China) as well.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH Good! I finally had my stone removed and sent the setting back yesterday. I have to say, LOGR is very accomadating customer service wise!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results