shape
carat
color
clarity

My first and probably my last LOGR ring..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2008 3:00:20 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 11/21/2008 11:55:24 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 11/21/2008 11:45:43 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
First of all, CCN, that ring is really unique and beautiful! I really do love your Kunzite in it!

Secondly, I''m sorry you had to deal with a lost stone already. I hate to see this happening to you, and I think I''ve just lucked out on all of my settings.

Thirdly, some advice - whenever I take a setting and stone into my jeweler, I ask him to check all of the pave, and tighten what needs to be tightened. It costs me about $60 - $70 depending on the ring, but as such, in the several months I''ve had the rings, I''ve never lost a stone, and I''ve even been really bad with one or two (before they were set) and put them in the US.

Maybe instead of just replacing the diamond, your jeweler could check each and every stone, and repair what needs to be repaired now.
My issue with the extra work to do this is that these settings are inexpensive to begin with. My jeweler would charge anywhere from $60 to $100 to set the stone, and if I tack on another $60 to $70 to fix the other issues, that''s probably almost as much as the mounting itself, or half the price of the mount. My big thing with any pave or microset piece is this - make sure you tell your jeweler to never put it in the ultrasonic cleaner. I can''t believe some jewelers still use US cleaners because they''re not only unsafe for pave, but for certain gemstones, and they use the same dirty liquid they use to clean everyone else''s rings. Well, I''m going off on a tangent now, but I think the point is that although the settings are inexpensive, I don''t think you should have to pay a ton of money to have them fixed, in particular as CCN states, he''s substantially raised his prices.
I''m sorry I wasn''t clear - that''s $60 - $70 total to set and check the stones.
My jeweler would charge more for that, and I only trust him. You''re lucky then.
1.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2008 1:25:54 PM
Author: cushioncutnut

I hope that my thread will at least shed a little light as to what other may be in for who may be considering an LOGR setting.
1.gif
This LOGR thread lurker really appreciates that you''ve shared your experience, especially since I don''t have as much jewelry experience as you seem to and probably wouldn''t have spotted the problems. Thank you!

That is a unique and otherwise beautiful setting, so I can understand why you had the stone set despite your misgivings.

Good luck with your decision!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry about your experience Cushioncutnut, however the result is interesting and quite pretty in your pictures.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry about your experience. Thanks for sharing it. I''m afraid that the adage "you get what you pay for" has some truth.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for you sincere support. I hope I didn''t come across as a downer.....but you know how easy it is to get excited about our jewelry and when there is a let down, it is disenchanting to say the least. In spite of all of this, if this is the worse thing that is happening in my life, I consider myself blessed!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t agree more. I''m glad you have such a wonderful perspective!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 4:59:38 PM
Thanks everyone for you sincere support. I hope I didn''t come across as a downer.....but you know how easy it is to get excited about our jewelry and when there is a let down, it is disenchanting to say the least. In spite of all of this, if this is the worse thing that is happening in my life, I consider myself blessed!!!

Good attitude!
1.gif

The kunzite is really pretty.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I too was diappointed by a LOGR setting; it was exactly what I paid for, though, and since I was only going to put a fake in the setting, didn''t give it that much thought. Even the fake looks bad in it so am out several hundred $$$ as I upgraded to F VS in the setting.
38.gif

Shame on me on all counts
14.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stones are not up to what you wanted and one stone fell out.. return it for a refund.. why are you even considering doing otherwise?
storm don''t get it ....

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
After reading about these sorts of settings, I ordered one from another e-bay vendor in China. I was fully prepared to return it if it wasn''t right. It came and they had not resized the setting for a different size center stone, which I had paid for. The setting was on its way back to China the next day.

I think you can''t get too attached to these settings until you get it and confirm that everything is right. It''s hard, but be strong!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2008 5:56:40 PM
Author: Fly Girl
After reading about these sorts of settings, I ordered one from another e-bay vendor in China. I was fully prepared to return it if it wasn't right. It came and they had not resized the setting for a different size center stone, which I had paid for. The setting was on its way back to China the next day.

I think you can't get too attached to these settings until you get it and confirm that everything is right. It's hard, but be strong!
Do you mind sharing the name of the vendor? The reason I ask is because a PS'er ordered a ring that was supposed to be made to fit a round stone. The ring was orginally made to fit a square stone. She paid extra for the custom work, but they still sent her a setting to fit a square stone. I suspect I know who this is. Did you have to return this to China?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 6:01:17 PM

After reading about these sorts of settings, I ordered one from another e-bay vendor in China. I was fully prepared to return it if it wasn't right. It came and they had not resized the setting for a different size center stone, which I had paid for. The setting was on its way back to China the next day.

I think you can't get too attached to these settings until you get it and confirm that everything is right. It's hard, but be strong!
Do you mind sharing the name of the vendor? The reason I ask is because a PS'er ordered a ring that was supposed to be made to fit a round stone. The ring was orginally made to fit a square stone. She paid extra for the custom work, but they still sent her a setting to fit a square stone. I suspect I know who this is. Did you have to return this to China?
jewe2004, and yes, I'm returning to China, but they said they would pay for return postage. Have not gotten the refund yet, but it has only been a few days.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2008 5:45:23 PM
Author: strmrdr
The stones are not up to what you wanted and one stone fell out.. return it for a refund.. why are you even considering doing otherwise?
storm don''t get it ....

Trust me I am 95% leaning in that direction! I am waiting to hear back from them to get the return address.

Flygirl....yes, it is better to be safe than sorry. Don''t try to do what I did and talk myself into "making it work".

Isaku... don''t beat yourself up!! Is it too late for you to return too?...

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful, but I don''t blame you ONE BIT for being upset. LOGR''s response is abysmal. I hope he comes on here and sees this thread. His link to pricescope still shows up in some of his auctions. He may lose customers if he leaves it and people actually click and read.

I was going to get the round bezel halo ring with the surprise stones for my OEC, but I have had serious second thoughts after seeing all the quality issues with LOGR. I have also ordered a ring from another Chinese seller who was great to work with, good communication etc. The ring should be here tomorrow or Monday and I will report on it and the seller after it arrives. It wouldn''t work for my OEC though, I got it for a larger colored stone. I really had my heart set on that LOGR bezel setting, but I don''t want to take a chance with my OEC if the setting is shoddy. So I am probably going to get an antique reproduction ring for my diamond, instead. It would have looked awesome in that halo though...sigh.
40.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Dispite the problems you are having, I still think the ring looks very beautiful! LOGR seems to have very black and white rules - take it or leave it. If you are happy, keep it. If you are unhappy, ship it back and you get a refund. It doesn''t work well in terms of satisfied customers but at least the rules are clear.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
That setting is soooo pretty. Just has a romantic feel to it.......but when stuff like this happens, it just puts such a downer on it all. Hopefully it gets worked out to your satisfaction!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2008 6:11:51 PM

After reading about these sorts of settings, I ordered one from another e-bay vendor in China. I was fully prepared to return it if it wasn''t right. It came and they had not resized the setting for a different size center stone, which I had paid for. The setting was on its way back to China the next day.

I think you can''t get too attached to these settings until you get it and confirm that everything is right. It''s hard, but be strong!
Do you mind sharing the name of the vendor? The reason I ask is because a PS''er ordered a ring that was supposed to be made to fit a round stone. The ring was orginally made to fit a square stone. She paid extra for the custom work, but they still sent her a setting to fit a square stone. I suspect I know who this is. Did you have to return this to China?
jewe2004, and yes, I''m returning to China, but they said they would pay for return postage. Have not gotten the refund yet, but it has only been a few days.
Yes, that was the seller I was thinking of. Thank you for sharing that experience.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
CCN, I am sorry !
Now, where to start..?!

I am the same as you in that I noticed the lower clarity diamonds as soon as I got my "legacy-inspired". It didn't sparkle, many were milky, and the "milgrain" was awful, some of it a burnt orange colour around the bezel. Like flygirl, mine was back to China the next day. I decided I would rather be out the return shipping (which from Australia wasn't on the cheap), then be out a couple hundred for a setting I didn't want. So all in all, it was about an $80 or so lesson for me that you get what you pay for
2.gif

All of that said, I still gave him a positive review here and on ebay, citing the quick refund and polite emails.

In a way, I can see where he might suppose this is an issue with your jeweller - think how many of these settings they would send out, for customers to have inexperienced benches try to set their stones, and ruin the settings. I imagine it happens all too often. Which is why the setup is fundamentally flawed imho - but clearly there is a demand, and if they're willing to put up with the dramas so be it.

Please realize I am not saying this is the case with your jeweller - I think he sounds like a sweety and real pro for offering to replace your diamond etc.

This is the way I see it - you have a number of weeks until your return period is over. Let your jeweller replace the stone, and like Lauren mentioned ask him to check the other pave if you can. Wear it and enjoy it for another week or so - if you lose another stone, then its no good and return it. If you don't, then maybe it was just that stone and you should keep it. You should of course still expect to lose a stone or two over time - we all know even LM doesn't garauntee his pave will never fall out, such is its nature.

It really is pretty, and you will be hard pressed finding something else in a decent price for such a large stone, me thinks.

hth a little
5.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 6:11:51 PM

Do you mind sharing the name of the vendor? The reason I ask is because a PS''er ordered a ring that was supposed to be made to fit a round stone. The ring was orginally made to fit a square stone. She paid extra for the custom work, but they still sent her a setting to fit a square stone. I suspect I know who this is. Did you have to return this to China?
jewe2004, and yes, I''m returning to China, but they said they would pay for return postage. Have not gotten the refund yet, but it has only been a few days.
I purchased a setting from them also. They did said they would change the setting to fit a round stone but they didn''t. I kept the setting and am in search for another stone...

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for your troubles. I really wanted to give LOGR a chance, but they raised their prices so I decided to wait. Looks like that was a good thing.

Lisa

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2008 10:18:45 PM
Author: arjunajane
CCN, I am sorry !
Now, where to start..?!

I am the same as you in that I noticed the lower clarity diamonds as soon as I got my ''legacy-inspired''. It didn''t sparkle, many were milky, and the ''milgrain'' was awful, some of it a burnt orange colour around the bezel. Like flygirl, mine was back to China the next day. I decided I would rather be out the return shipping (which from Australia wasn''t on the cheap), then be out a couple hundred for a setting I didn''t want. So all in all, it was about an $80 or so lesson for me that you get what you pay for
2.gif

All of that said, I still gave him a positive review here and on ebay, citing the quick refund and polite emails.

In a way, I can see where he might suppose this is an issue with your jeweller - think how many of these settings they would send out, for customers to have inexperienced benches try to set their stones, and ruin the settings. I imagine it happens all too often. Which is why the setup is fundamentally flawed imho - but clearly there is a demand, and if they''re willing to put up with the dramas so be it.

Please realize I am not saying this is the case with your jeweller - I think he sounds like a sweety and real pro for offering to replace your diamond etc.

This is the way I see it - you have a number of weeks until your return period is over. Let your jeweller replace the stone, and like Lauren mentioned ask him to check the other pave if you can. Wear it and enjoy it for another week or so - if you lose another stone, then its no good and return it. If you don''t, then maybe it was just that stone and you should keep it. You should of course still expect to lose a stone or two over time - we all know even LM doesn''t garauntee his pave will never fall out, such is its nature.

It really is pretty, and you will be hard pressed finding something else in a decent price for such a large stone, me thinks.

hth a little
5.gif

You hit the nail on the head with your comments. I trust my jeweler emphatically!!! According to the last response from LOGR, they are still shifing the blame on the jeweler and the fact that the setting is pave. I kindly responded that I no longer want to try to match wits with them and how my jeweler could have set the stone and what tools/techniques he used. (eyes crossed/head spinning) I guarantee that my jeweler used the right techniques/tools on a pave setting. I am quite sure he knows what he is up against when dealing with pave. (30 years experience) I again had to ask for a return address..........I have to say though, I am glad they are still responding. Keep in mind, I have not left any feedback... I hope I don''t have to resort to leaving a negative remark. It is not in my nature to do so as long as we work things out accordingly. I thought the return address was in the U.S. rather than China?? no?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2008 7:24:13 PM
Author: flowerladytoo
Your ring is beautiful, but I don''t blame you ONE BIT for being upset. LOGR''s response is abysmal. I hope he comes on here and sees this thread. His link to pricescope still shows up in some of his auctions. He may lose customers if he leaves it and people actually click and read.

I was going to get the round bezel halo ring with the surprise stones for my OEC, but I have had serious second thoughts after seeing all the quality issues with LOGR. I have also ordered a ring from another Chinese seller who was great to work with, good communication etc. The ring should be here tomorrow or Monday and I will report on it and the seller after it arrives. It wouldn''t work for my OEC though, I got it for a larger colored stone. I really had my heart set on that LOGR bezel setting, but I don''t want to take a chance with my OEC if the setting is shoddy. So I am probably going to get an antique reproduction ring for my diamond, instead. It would have looked awesome in that halo though...sigh.
40.gif
I hope that you love your new ring! Please post pics! Thank you for your comments.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2008 12:06:31 PM

You hit the nail on the head with your comments. I trust my jeweler emphatically!!! According to the last response from LOGR, they are still shifing the blame on the jeweler and the fact that the setting is pave. I kindly responded that I no longer want to try to match wits with them and how my jeweler could have set the stone and what tools/techniques he used. (eyes crossed/head spinning) I guarantee that my jeweler used the right techniques/tools on a pave setting. I am quite sure he knows what he is up against when dealing with pave. (30 years experience) I again had to ask for a return address..........I have to say though, I am glad they are still responding. Keep in mind, I have not left any feedback... I hope I don't have to resort to leaving a negative remark. It is not in my nature to do so as long as we work things out accordingly. I thought the return address was in the U.S. rather than China?? no?
I believe the return address is in Washington State. I'm surprised he didn't give you that when he told you to return the item. He gave me the return address when I told him he sent me the wrong ring.

However, I agree with the others like Lauren, perhaps the problem with the pave is fixable, and you don't have to spend a fortune to do it. It's still a very lovely setting. That ring is TDF.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your issues... Some people just have no tact! The piece is stunning though!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I have read alot of posts on LOGR and they all have been good. I am so sorry your going through this but I must say your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Just so you know, I think they have to generate a return request or something first. It took a number of days after I notified them of my intentions to send me an email with return address instructions. Not sure exactly why, but that is normal so don't sweat it too much.
Yep, return address is in US.

I wouldn't continue arguing the point over the jeweller either - that will only end in tears.
Perhaps if they process your other requests quickly you can just leave a neutral?..

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just received an email with the return address and an apology that the setting didn''t work out. I will print that out along with my receipt. I will be sending it back as soon as I have the stone removed. Thanks again everyone for your kind words and support.
1.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Sorry that it didn''t work out. The setting looked pretty and so purfect. It''s just too bad that their workmanship/quality is not reliable and consistent.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is really pretty and romantic. I''m so sorry you must take the stone out and send the setting back. I do think you''re making the right decision, though. There is nothing worse than having something that''s supposed to be a joy, and ends up being a source of annoyment. I hope you find another, even better setting!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is really gorgeous, but I don''t blame you for not wanting to buy from them again. I won''t be either. I had three different jewelers tell me that the prongs were put on incorrectly, and my stone is still sitting in there crooked. The diamonds also look to be less than SI clarity in mine too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results