shape
carat
color
clarity

My Emerald Cut Eternity Band from IDJ 2.0

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! I posted previously re: ordering and waiting for a classic diamond eternity eternity ring from IDJ. This is the follow-up to that thread (mods, pls feel free to delete the duplicate post in the original thread, post #19 here)

I received the eternity ring from IDJ and it’s a beauty! So dainty and sparkly, and I think it looks pretty good with my ER.
The final stats:
30 emerald diamonds, 2.04ct
Color: F/G
Clarity: VS
Photos (excuse the dry hands!)
img_5974-jpg.693707
img_5993-jpg.693710
img_5984-jpg.693708
img_5985-jpg.693709

Some videos:
Found some sunshine to play with the sparkles :)

I hate to be nitpicky, but I noticed that the ring is not perfectly round…it’s like the setting is “pinched” towards one end (the part with the metal piece with PT950 engraved inside). I’m afraid I can’t quite explain it in words, but hopefully, you can see it in the pics:
img_5966-2-jpg.693711
img_5973-jpg.693712
img_5981-jpg.693713
img_5982-jpg.693714

Is this normal? I want to make sure that it’s not something that’s “typical” or “to be expected” in these types of rings before I contact IDJ.

I know it’s a small thing (my fiancé said - "who cares, will anyone see it?") but I just can’t help thinking it should be perfect (round)! Anyway, any feedback is appreciated. TIA!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
in the pix I find it hard to see, but then again I'm old :) I was wondering if they perhaps had to place some of the diamonds closer together to keep the size of diamonds the same, otherwise they would have been required to place smaller diamonds in the ring? I could sort of see what you are saying about the pinched look. I like perfection. I would rather have a bit of a pinched look than a few different emerald cuts that are smaller or bigger actually. I think if this concerns you than you should ask IDJ about it.. YOUR RING IS GORGEOUS!!! I really love EC style diamonds and hope maybe someday to have a ring like yours (probably not but I would love it) congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Joey_mhaske

Rough_Rock
I must say, both rings are GORGEOUS and they look stunning together!! :love::love::love: It's really hard to notice it until the encircled part of the last photo. My untrained eye says it's okay but if it bothers you, I'm sure IDJ won't have a problem fixing it. Congratulations!!

amoline

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks fine, but I'm not the one wearing it :)

Gorgeous ring, in any case.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Stunning! And pairs beautifully with your e-ring. About the issue you are seeing, I don't think it would bother me personally as I assume it was done to accommodate the size of the diamonds (as @Tekate noted), but if it bothers you I think you should definitively reach out to IDJ to see what can be done. Congratulations on your beautiful band.

raw4

Rough_Rock
I LOVE it! I would definitely reach out to them. You paid money for it, and it doesn't hurt to ask if there's something they can do to make it more perfect.

raw4

Rough_Rock
How does it feel on? Is it uncomfortable at all?

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Tekate ! <3
The ring satisfies me in all aspects except for that pinched portion, so I will definitely contact IDJ to ask them about it. Thanks for the insight re: the diamond placement vs different sized stones! I don't know anything about jewelry, so it's good to hear from someone who does!
I have drooled over EC diamonds for a long time so happy I could get it in this form (even though it's teeny tiny ECs). I actually wanted an EC ER, but my fiance didn't know...we never discussed it and he got me a cushion instead, which I also love :)

in the pix I find it hard to see, but then again I'm old :) I was wondering if they perhaps had to place some of the diamonds closer together to keep the size of diamonds the same, otherwise they would have been required to place smaller diamonds in the ring? I could sort of see what you are saying about the pinched look. I like perfection. I would rather have a bit of a pinched look than a few different emerald cuts that are smaller or bigger actually. I think if this concerns you than you should ask IDJ about it.. YOUR RING IS GORGEOUS!!! I really love EC style diamonds and hope maybe someday to have a ring like yours (probably not but I would love it) congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Joey_mhaske !!! I do love it and was really glad they worked together! I will def ask IDJ. Can't wait to see your EW pics as well!

I must say, both rings are GORGEOUS and they look stunning together!! :love::love::love: It's really hard to notice it until the encircled part of the last photo. My untrained eye says it's okay but if it bothers you, I'm sure IDJ won't have a problem fixing it. Congratulations!!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you @amoline ! It's more of a mind thing I guess...I really shouldn't let it bother me that much!

I think it looks fine, but I'm not the one wearing it :)

Gorgeous ring, in any case.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks much, @Kaycee2018 - again, glad to have your perspective/knowledge about diamond size/placement!

Wow! Stunning! And pairs beautifully with your e-ring. About the issue you are seeing, I don't think it would bother me personally as I assume it was done to accommodate the size of the diamonds (as @Tekate noted), but if it bothers you I think you should definitively reach out to IDJ to see what can be done. Congratulations on your beautiful band.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @raw4 ! I hope the pics help you with the research you were doing on 2ct EC bands! Will definitely ask :)

Re: comfort, thankfully the band is not much higher/thicker than my ER pave setting, so it's not uncomfortable at all! I was worried about the "in-between-the-fingers" feel but haven't been bothered by it.

I LOVE it! I would definitely reach out to them. You paid money for it, and it doesn't hurt to ask if there's something they can do to make it more perfect.

How does it feel on? Is it uncomfortable at all?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Eli22, I'm glad you're reaching out to ID...I see it in your last 2 pics, the prongs are shorter in that area, wth?...yeah, maybe it's not super noticable when you're wearing it but there's no reason for it to look like that. I'm usually pretty easy-going but I would want it to be even all the way around.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the feedback, @junebug17 ! I'm glad you see it too! I reached out to them and sent them this additional picture to illustrate the difference in prong length (I pulled out some calipers, haha), and they said they'll get back to me.
IMG_6004.jpg

@Eli22, I'm glad you're reaching out to ID...I see it in your last 2 pics, the prongs are shorter in that area, wth?...yeah, maybe it's not super noticable when you're wearing it but there's no reason for it to look like that. I'm usually pretty easy-going but I would want it to be even all the way around.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the feedback, @junebug17 ! I'm glad you see it too! I reached out to them and sent them this additional picture to illustrate the difference in prong length (I pulled out some calipers, haha), and they said they'll get back to me.
IMG_6004.jpg

It’s absolutely beautiful, but that would really bother me once I had noticed it, so i’m glad you’ve reached out to them. Fingers crossed somehow they can sort it out,

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
I actually had the same problem with an eternity band they made me and I had to return it.
They originally made it too small and they thinned out the inside to accommodate but they didn’t do it evenly. So the ring was similar to yours with some areas being thicker and some areas being thinner.
Almost like an oval.
I can see in your pictures especially the last two that the inside metal under the diamonds (where the stamping is/ I don’t know what this area is called) is thinner in that area.
Again similar to what happened to my ring. That’s why I think that area is thinner. Look at your pictures closely.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Eli22, I forgot to mention I'm sorry about this - Frustrating to be looking forward to something and then have an issue with it, sending lots of good wishes that ID cooperates on this :pray: It's a gorgeous band!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the area I’m talking about in your ring. You can see that the inside metal is thinner. One area even looks like it is half as thin as the other ones.
I also added a picture of my ring so you can see how my ring was similar. Also my ring was so much thinner/uneven on one side that when they engraved it, it didn’t even fit and some of the engraving was on the inside of the band. See the letter “K”.
FFEE1FB3-5862-46D6-92E1-A7DB1258F0FC.jpeg
4CFDFBC1-F561-4CB1-94E9-98B98AB2E4E5.png

6FB55AF6-413C-415B-B0F2-B901798CA557.png

Last edited:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, @Alex T ! I'm glad to know I'm not silly being bothered by it! Fingers and toes crossed! :lol:

It’s absolutely beautiful, but that would really bother me once I had noticed it, so i’m glad you’ve reached out to them. Fingers crossed somehow they can sort it out,

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@kayla17 - THANK YOU so much for pointing that out! I couldn't figure out for the life of me why it was wonky...I thought the prongs were just shorter! That makes sense what you explained - it will help me in describing the issue to them!

Thank you also for posting photos of your ring/issue - I'm sorry you also had troubles, hopefully you were able to resolve them.

Here is the area I’m talking about in your ring. You can see that the inside metal is thinner. One area even looks like it is half as thin as the other ones.
I also added a picture of my ring so you can see how my ring was similar. Also my ring was so much thinner/uneven on one side that when they engraved it, it didn’t even fit and some of the engraving was on the inside of the band. See the letter “K”.
FFEE1FB3-5862-46D6-92E1-A7DB1258F0FC.jpeg
4CFDFBC1-F561-4CB1-94E9-98B98AB2E4E5.png

6FB55AF6-413C-415B-B0F2-B901798CA557.png
Hi!
I actually had the same problem with an eternity band they made me and I had to return it.
They originally made it too small and they thinned out the inside to accommodate but they didn’t do it evenly. So the ring was similar to yours with some areas being thicker and some areas being thinner.
Almost like an oval.
I can see in your pictures especially the last two that the inside metal under the diamonds (where the stamping is/ I don’t know what this area is called) is thinner in that area.
Again similar to what happened to my ring. That’s why I think that area is thinner. Look at your pictures closely.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No worries @junebug17 ! I appreciate the feedback and support! I'm just waiting on a response from IDJ and will post updates! Thank you again :)

@Eli22, I forgot to mention I'm sorry about this - Frustrating to be looking forward to something and then have an issue with it, sending lots of good wishes that ID cooperates on this :pray: It's a gorgeous band!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm so glad you love your ring! IDJ has been super easy to work with and I can't wait to have my ring back!

I have the same ring just a little bigger I love it and I love IDJ

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is a photo of my new ring. They changed the inside of the ring- it now has more metal and small holes vs the more open basket look. They said it would be more secure.
D7123F1E-1B7F-496E-8385-6BB94FBBC1D6.jpeg
This is what the inside of the old ring looked like:
FF68239E-8FB6-4F84-83E4-0A9ED85B1079.jpeg
20D880C8-3706-4EC2-BCE6-90CA77FF8AE8.jpeg
Here’s a comparison of the type of setting it previously had vs the current (mine is the smaller one, wish it was the bigger one LOL!)
E0A042C9-8ADB-4F05-BCEE-79EEF7DB8C54.png
I’m guessing this is because my stone size (7pointer) is too small for the more delicate setting? Either way, I’m just happy to have it remade and can’t wait to get it back! The team at IDJ has been very responsive and helpful throughout this entire process!

raw4

Rough_Rock
Your original thread inspired me to get an emerald eternity band as my wedding band. Here is my 0.15 pointer, 3.5 total cw I-color eternity band. Made by a family jeweler. I'm OBSESSED! Hard to wait until April to wear it.

IMG_5574.jpg IMG_5560.jpg IMG_5554.jpg

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!! I’m so happy that the style/design worked for you! I need to post a follow up to my thread since my final ring changed somewhat...

I love love love the open basket look and it looks great with your ER! :love:

Your original thread inspired me to get an emerald eternity band as my wedding band. Here is my 0.15 pointer, 3.5 total cw I-color eternity band. Made by a family jeweler. I'm OBSESSED! Hard to wait until April to wear it.

IMG_5574.jpg IMG_5560.jpg IMG_5554.jpg

raw4

Rough_Rock
What does your new ring look like? Do you have it back yet?

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I’m so happy that the style/design worked for you! I need to post a follow up to my thread since my final ring changed somewhat...

I love love love the open basket look and it looks great with your ER! :love:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the late reply @raw4 , it’s been a crazy week here.

My new ring has the “comfort” setting or closed basket look due to the fact the tiny stones (0.07) were too difficult to set in the open basket setting. At first I was upset since I fell in love with the open basket (still a dream to have a more substantial one with that setting ;)2) but actually like it, as it sits more flush with my ER.

I’ll get pics posted soon!

What does your new ring look like? Do you have it back yet?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results