shape
carat
color
clarity

My EC Experience From JannPaul

awessum-possum

Rough_Rock
Just for perspective, I didn't have any customs issues with my JP studs. As a matter of fact, I got it 2 days after my SR said it was shipped.

Woah that's awesome! Did you fill out Form 5106 + a Certificate of Origin and send it to the carrier?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@awessum-possum My ring wasn't delayed either.

My SR Chloe gave the 2 email addresses for the 5106 at FedEx (one seemed anonymous and the other address was to a particular person). The person then sent me an email, and then I forwarded another email to someone else - the 5106, I think. It all went smoothly with Chloe's very detailed email instructions about when and to whom. Good luck!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Woah that's awesome! Did you fill out Form 5106 + a Certificate of Origin and send it to the carrier?

Yes. And for some strange reason they didn't charge the tax. I don't know how that happened, but it did.

emrld

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone!! =)2

The delay was due to missing gold weight, which I was told is sometimes requested / sometimes not. Avery said they will start including that info so shouldn’t be an issue going forward. It was also resolved quickly, within a day. I filled out the 5106 as well. @momofive I wasn’t charged either

awessum-possum

Rough_Rock
@momofive @emrld

I hope I'm as lucky as both of you! If you don't mind me asking, did you check off Checkbox 1E on Form 5106? I'm getting conflicting answers on this.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
@momofive @emrld

I hope I'm as lucky as both of you! If you don't mind me asking, did you check off Checkbox 1E on Form 5106? I'm getting conflicting answers on this.

I don't remember. But I should be doing this all again for my rings, so I can let you know. But that's about 2 weeks away.

steponapoptop

Rough_Rock
Thank you for updating!

ladybugsfromwi

Rough_Rock
Yes. And for some strange reason they didn't charge the tax. I don't know how that happened, but it did.

I read that fedex sometimes sends an invoice for duty a month after delivery. Did they send one to you by any chance? My order is going to be delivered tomorrow and right now I'm not sure if that means I have to pay duty later or not at all.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Yup … I got a bill from FedEx about a month later. Seems random who gets billed and who doesn’t. Min was $50ish for a $1100 ring.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I read that fedex sometimes sends an invoice for duty a month after delivery. Did they send one to you by any chance? My order is going to be delivered tomorrow and right now I'm not sure if that means I have to pay duty later or not at all.

No. I got my decagon earrings in August and haven't gotten another bill. Also, the ring came in October, and the only bill i got was $0

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results