shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My E-Ring Dream Come True: Leon Mege and AVC

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Five years ago, my fiancé and I wandered into a Michael C Fina and tried on the Daniel K split crown ring. We knew from that moment that we wanted a ring like it but the $42,000 price tag sure scared the heck out of us. Several years later, he got me a cushion and was on his way to replicate the Daniel K split crown ring with some changes. Some how that split shank ring eventually turned into a Harry Winston inspired halo ring.

We then went on a journey to remake the ring of our dreams. Two diamonds and four settings later - our engagement ring is finally done - a lovely delicate split shank ring by Leon Mege holding my special August Vintage Cushion. Both Jonathan at GOG and Leon Mege were amazing in this process. The ring is uniquely me and I love it.

No more delays ... introducing my engagement ring (final one until I get married anyways).

Diamond Specs
August Vintage Cushion
Measurements: 7.22 x 7.20 x 4.56 mm
Carat Weight: 1.71
Color Grade: E
Clarity Grade: VS1
Depth: 63.3 %
Table: 53 %
Video and Pictures: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6267/

Ring Size: 2 5/8 (just checked work order and it was 2 5/8 because the band at 2 7/8 was loose)

First up is my photo from Leon Mege ...
CharmyPoo-LeonShot.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
First up are my rose pictures. I think I should have cleaned my ring first!

CharmyPoo-Leon-Rose6.jpg

CharmyPoo-Leon-Rose1.jpg

CharmyPoo-Leon-Rose2.jpg

CharmyPoo-Leon-Rose4.jpg

CharmyPoo-Leon-Rose5.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
My favorite rock series.
CharmyPoo-Leon-Rock1.jpg

CharmyPoo-Leon-Rock2.jpg

CharmyPoo-Leon-Rock3.jpg

CharmyPoo-Leon-Rock4.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The sneak peak shot with my future hubby's band.
TwoRings.jpg

Ring on my new shoes.
CharmyPoo-Leon-Shoe1.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
This is Leon's boo boo ring when I went to pick it up. It is beautiful and up for sale now on his site. I kept the band though!
LeonWrongRing3.jpg

LeonWrongRing6.jpg

bricklayer

Rough_Rock
That ring is magnificent! Oh my goodness!

And did I read that your ring size is 2 7/8! WOW!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! I love the chunkiness of the AVC and the split shank! Great job on the design! Enjoy it! :love:

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!! :appl:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! It's such a perfect combination. I am so glad you had a good experience with both vendors. Their efforts produced a beautiful piece and I am glad it is now yours.

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
CharmyPoo|1296879269|2843655 said:
This is Leon's boo boo ring when I went to pick it up. It is beautiful and up for sale now on his site. I kept the band though!
LeonWrongRing3.jpg

LeonWrongRing6.jpg

It is just beautiful! I absolutely love the AVC's and your's is perfect in this setting. Just curious I do see a difference in the "boo boo" ring, that the split shank is longer but why did it end up being a "boo boo" ring? Just curious...
Congrats again on such a beauty!

tannet

Shiny_Rock
Wow...your ring is beautiful! Congrats!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
mommy2nk|1296882157|2843697 said:
It is just beautiful! I absolutely love the AVC's and your's is perfect in this setting. Just curious I do see a difference in the "boo boo" ring, that the split shank is longer but why did it end up being a "boo boo" ring? Just curious...
Congrats again on such a beauty!

Thanks! Leon made the ring with a split going into two bands but I wanted the split going into one band. It was beautiful and a more expensive ring but in the end .. not what I wanted.

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
Charmy!! It is so beautiful!! I love it! :love:
Love Love LOVE the photos with the pearls! Gorgeous shots!

btw what colour is that polish? I like it - kekeke :D

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
diva rose|1296883321|2843717 said:
btw what colour is that polish? I like it - kekeke :D

OPI Bogota Blackberry - one of my favorites! I have several bottles just in case :razz:

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty, I love it! I totally would go for a split shank for my next big ring bling!!! And.........I'm so jealous of your finger size!!! :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
WOW! this is what we have been waiting for :) it is really beautiful Charmy, and I am so glad that you finally got the ring you wanted. Was it your idea or Leon's to have the band not connect to the 'donut' part (sorry, I am bad with the terminology)? Either way it is a stunning setting for a beautiful diamond

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely amazing. Congratulations on a gorgeous ring!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
i love love love love love it !!!!!!

and how did you make him re-do your ring without charge ?!?!?! that's just amazing and unheard of :lol:

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting!
I have been following along with you since i joined PS and I am glad to have "closure." :appl:
i really love how the center of the ring "floats".. that is really cool.
and i totally get the LM redo to for the split to go into one band. It definitely has a better flow that way. It looks more elegant.

enjoy it!

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
Simple and breathtakingly gorgeous at the same time. Wow.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is just stunningly beautiful - congrats to you and enjoy!

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it's just beautiful, LOVE it!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it couldn't be more perfect! just gorgeous and I love it with the wedding band!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful Charmy, I am so glad you posted it. I love the gentle curve of the split shank. Just perfect. When's the wedding?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very happy for you that your dream ring is now a reality - it is so graceful and elegant and somehow sweeping with its lovely flow and curve - and it looks gorgeous on your hand. Congratulations!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been waiting to see this one, and it is beyond gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

Really it gives me the same pleasure as looking at great art...a beautiful creation from incredible talent along with the natural beauty of the stone and superior cutting.

(I am just very upset with Leon for now refusing AVC's, because your ring and the last couple of french cut rings are among the very best rings I have ever seen posted here!!!)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
bricklayer - Absolutely not bragging but ring is actually 2 5/8 because the 2 7/8 was spinning. The upside to small fingers is that the diamond looks huge .. the downside is that I have to go custom for almost all rings.

Lil Misfit - Thank you. To be honest, Leon did most of the designing but I just held m ground on thin split shanks into one band and double claw prongs. We went back and forth for several months before we landed on this design. I was going to go with another design that he showed me .. absolutely gorgeous but it was over budget. I wish I could share the photo but I promised Leon I wouldn't as it was designed for someone famous.

swingirl - I really am glad that I had pleasant experiences with both. I remember when I started contacting GOG .. I kept getting Sara but I wanted Jon because I knew how pick I was. Finally, I got Jon to help me directly. I also wish I went straight to Leon Mege in the first place but I was too afraid based on what I read. After 3 projects, I know I don't have an issue with his style and I am really really picky and a micro manager.

iheartbora - A split shank isn't for anyone but we knew it was for us. I wanted a really small split to be different but wanted it going back to one band quickl so it will look relatively classic for long term wear. My jewelery is always a bit different so not all m friends love the designs but for people who appreciate how difficult it is to make these pieces .. there is a different level of appreciation.

slg47 - I just can't help being really picky. In regards to the donut, it was really a joint idea. I didn't want metal showing through the split shank and there were two options for this ... put pave on the metal (really expensive) or split the bottom (makes ring more chunky). This leaves us with no option then not having metal connect the donut! I have another white gold ring that is made like this .. I absolutely adore that ring with a gorgeous malaya garnet. I wore that ring so much that it is a bit beat up now. I always said I would remake that ring in platinum.

frankiextah - Leon isn't reall as bad as he is made out to be. He was very reasonable with me. I have always asked for the split going into a single shank. He did ask me to consider the new ring (it is more expensive) but I stuck to my guns and he did what he needed. I am happy and not much heartache other than a trip to NYC in which I got other stuff done anyways.

sparklyforever - I was so relieved when the engagement ring saga was finally done with - closure is the perfect word. I know some people like cherryblossom found me to be "spoiled" but I don't think anyone would want to go through all the remakes. Thank you so much for confirming my decision. I have asked myself a few times if I made the right choice.

mrssalvo - I remember years and years ago .. you helped so much with your knowledge around the Daniel K rings. I stared at them for many many hours.

luv2sparkle - September 3! Scary .. time is running out to plan and finish up everything.

Snooper, tannet, sparklyOEC, diamondringlover, TotalNewbie, MissGotRocks, ringabling - Thank you so much for your compliments. This ring isn't for everyone but it is for me :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results