shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dream Ring is Coming Together - 3.01 ct I VVS2 EC

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if this is going to work but here is a really bad video of the stone. It's really reflecting the gold ceiling here.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't WAIT to see this ring! I love the proportions!

bpaul

Rough_Rock
Trade
Now for the shots with the trapezoids.....

IMG_6620[1].jpg

IMG_6625[1].jpg

IMG_6620[1].jpg IMG_6625[1].jpg

IMG_6626[1].jpg

Thank you diamondringlover!

Hi, congratulations on getting the ring of your dreams. Every woman deserves this day! Very nice stone of a good grade. I like milgrain settings very much, they give an art deco and antique feel. Is everything final and under production? Just wondering....

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't WAIT to see this ring! I love the proportions!

Thanks so much msop04! It's going to be a long wait, lol. They are actually closed down for the next two weeks so nothing will get done for a while.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, congratulations on getting the ring of your dreams. Every woman deserves this day! Very nice stone of a good grade. I like milgrain settings very much, they give an art deco and antique feel. Is everything final and under production? Just wondering....

Hi bpaul, thank you. Yes it's under production and I am not so patiently waiting. I love milgraining and wanted that Art Deco/antique look. My jeweler is amazing at capturing that feel.

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much! I cannot wait to see your gorgeous ring come together!!

@Catmom I have been reaching out to celinecustomjewelers for a few months now, but they do not seem to want to work with me : ( They suggested I direct questions about a repro ring to you, is there any way for me to DM you? My apologies, I'm not a very techy person and couldn't see a way to do so on here. Or is there a way for you to allow them to work with me? Wanda cited "strict confidentiality rules" even though I explained I had gotten her contact info from you, you had provided the dimensions/stats of your ring, etc etc.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg @Catmom! I know you said you were waiting for something but I had no idea it was these beautiful diamonds!!! They are so blindingly gorgeous!!! I’m so excited for you!!! Wowza!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom I have been reaching out to celinecustomjewelers for a few months now, but they do not seem to want to work with me : ( They suggested I direct questions about a repro ring to you, is there any way for me to DM you? My apologies, I'm not a very techy person and couldn't see a way to do so on here. Or is there a way for you to allow them to work with me? Wanda cited "strict confidentiality rules" even though I explained I had gotten her contact info from you, you had provided the dimensions/stats of your ring, etc etc.

I don't think we can DM on here. I'm sorry you're having issues. Wanda is very protective of her clients and will not give out client information like what they paid for one of her pieces especially when she doesn't know you. I appreciate that about her. I'm not sure what kind of ring you are trying to have made.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg @Catmom! I know you said you were waiting for something but I had no idea it was these beautiful diamonds!!! They are so blindingly gorgeous!!! I’m so excited for you!!! Wowza!!

Thanks Joanne! I'm on pins and needles. It should be done soon!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!!!I LOVE this!!! I too have been looking for an EC upgrade...Christmas seems to have blown quite a bit of my budget so I have not been pursuing that right now BUT I am so happy to see yours! I adore the 3 stone setting, I had planned to do something very similar so this is extra fun to follow this thread. This diamond is so perfect and glowy and what a glorious cut! Love the side stones too!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!!!I LOVE this!!! I too have been looking for an EC upgrade...Christmas seems to have blown quite a bit of my budget so I have not been pursuing that right now BUT I am so happy to see yours! I adore the 3 stone setting, I had planned to do something very similar so this is extra fun to follow this thread. This diamond is so perfect and glowy and what a glorious cut! Love the side stones too!!!

Thank you so much goldenfire! I can't wait to see yours when you have it done.

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
I don't think we can DM on here. I'm sorry you're having issues. Wanda is very protective of her clients and will not give out client information like what they paid for one of her pieces especially when she doesn't know you. I appreciate that about her. I'm not sure what kind of ring you are trying to have made.

@Catmom I wanted to have a similar ring made with similar proportions. I really liked how she did the proportions for yours, but if it's too much trouble for her to work up a quote for me I can try elsewhere, no worries. She seems to have a good eye for details, so I was hoping to work with her, and I also trust recommendations from this group : )

Last edited:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is super exciting, @Catmom !!!! Sounds like there's lots to celebrate and the stones you picked are absolutely divine! I have a vested interest in following your journey because a 3-stone EC with trap sides is my goal for next year....you can't go wrong with such a classic combo! I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for your creation! It's going to be amazing!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom I wanted to have a similar ring made with similar proportions. I really liked how she did the proportions for yours, but if it's too much trouble for her to work up a quote for me I can try elsewhere, no worries. She seems to have a good eye for details, so I was hoping to work with her, and I also trust recommendations from this group : )

No problem! Do you already have your center stone or would you want her to source it for you? She is a totally custom designer so she does not carry any other designer lines for the settings. If you are looking for her to source the center and side stones then she would do that first and then talk with you about what kind of setting you wanted that is why she really can't give you a quote up front for a finished ring. She is not a designer that has pre-made designs on hand. She really doesn't know what the stones will cost or the setting until they are chosen. If you go on the diamond list on PS, my 3.01 was right on par dollar wise with those on the list so that will give you an idea of the center stone cost. The setting cost on mine includes the side stones. Setting costs depend upon how detailed you want them.

She doesn't know who you are and she was trying to protect me. Tell her you are wanting to have a similar but not exact ring made and that you liked the proportions of my 3 stones and could she do one for you with the same proportions.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is super exciting, @Catmom !!!! Sounds like there's lots to celebrate and the stones you picked are absolutely divine! I have a vested interest in following your journey because a 3-stone EC with trap sides is my goal for next year....you can't go wrong with such a classic combo! I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for your creation! It's going to be amazing!

Thank you so much KristyDarling! I can't wait to see yours. Sounds like there are going to be several new ECs coming to PS. I can't wait!

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
No problem! Do you already have your center stone or would you want her to source it for you? She is a totally custom designer so she does not carry any other designer lines for the settings. If you are looking for her to source the center and side stones then she would do that first and then talk with you about what kind of setting you wanted that is why she really can't give you a quote up front for a finished ring. She is not a designer that has pre-made designs on hand. She really doesn't know what the stones will cost or the setting until they are chosen. If you go on the diamond list on PS, my 3.01 was right on par dollar wise with those on the list so that will give you an idea of the center stone cost. The setting cost on mine includes the side stones. Setting costs depend upon how detailed you want them.

She doesn't know who you are and she was trying to protect me. Tell her you are wanting to have a similar but not exact ring made and that you liked the proportions of my 3 stones and could she do one for you with the same proportions.

@Catmom thank you! That is what I've told her. I was hoping to have her source all stones for me since she is so good at it! I appreciate your help and cannot wait to see your beauty finished! : )

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
An EC stone with traps is my dream ring, but that’s waaaayyy down the line. For now I’ll live vicariously through your custom made piece. I can’t wait to see the finished product!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
@Catmom thank you! That is what I've told her. I was hoping to have her source all stones for me since she is so good at it! I appreciate your help and cannot wait to see your beauty finished! : )

Perhaps start from scratch if you still want to work with this designer and not mention someone else’s ring, but say you want a custom piece with this type of cut(s) and that carat weight etc. I’m in the health field so I know all about protecting someone’s identity. It’s cool to see a jeweler take such a stance as well. GL!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An EC stone with traps is my dream ring, but that’s waaaayyy down the line. For now I’ll live vicariously through your custom made piece. I can’t wait to see the finished product!

Thank you, it took a very long time to get mine. It will come eventually and then I will celebrate with you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have progress, I'm so excited!! It's almost finished!! My jeweler is bringing it down tomorrow so that I can look at it. I have some bad photos [they are NOT her strong suit lol] but I need to see it in person to make the final adjustments. I can already see that the prongs need to be refined but we are debating whether the traps need to be milgrained or not. I think they do. She thinks that it's a clean look without the milgraining and wants me to see it without the milgraining first. I don't think I will change my mind but we will see when it gets here tomorrow. Please ignore her gold ceiling reflected in the stones.

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I see what you mean about adding milgraining around the traps. Before I saw the pics and only read post I was like, no no no keep it “clean.” But looking at your setting it may call for it. Can’t wait to hear your impressions once you have it in front of you.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
You have a good eye. I think the milgrain around the traps will keep the setting looking like it all flows together so to speak. Your ring is beautiful. Excited to see what you decide and even more excited for that beauty to be on your hand. I love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results