shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dream Ring! I''m going CRAZY!

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
D

Deactivated member 42515

Date: 12/19/2009 9:18:41 PM
Author: So Excited
Yeah, I''m pretty sure I picked out a stone that was satisfying and realistic for me without the PS ''DRINK THE KOOL-AID'' influence.. haha.

I LOVE this forum, but I don''t think I would have ever gotten a stone if I let my decision be influenced on really trying to get the biggest, bestest, most wonderful cut stone if I would have really known all that I probably should have before purchasing.

Even now, like a week and a half after buying my stone (which I''m completely happy with) I''m like.... Ohh lala at the 1.5-2 ct stones and wondering if I should have waited or sacraficed the colorless or ideal cut or perfect dimension that I got on mine to have bigger.. Is bigger better? AHHHHHH No, no, no,... see I''m doing it again. .

DONT DRINK THE KOOL-AID -
3.gif
emsmilep.gif
haha totally... before PS i was soo happy witha 1ct. But after... i got my setting made for 1.5! which actually went down from a 1.75 haha...

but what does make me happy is that I have checked out the ther brands of rounds and I find them to be a bit busy. I would like to stay traditional and classic and go with a regular round. But I do know that I want Ideal perfect cut. and VS2 clarity. and I have fallen in love with blue flour! So i want like a J stone with a med blue flour and that would be awesome!

but then i start to go thru PS and then I want the whole AGS0 and I want the H&A again.... i want hearts in my diamond......
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
I know it seems like a long time to wait for your ring - but it is sooooo worth it.

I have a RB in a Tacori setting and I used to think that it really had the look of a cushion - I think the halo makes it look like that.

BI

D

Deactivated member 42515

Date: 12/20/2009 11:24:33 PM
Author: BlackIsland
I know it seems like a long time to wait for your ring - but it is sooooo worth it.

I have a RB in a Tacori setting and I used to think that it really had the look of a cushion - I think the halo makes it look like that.

BI
Black Island, did you see that my first love is a cushion? YOUR RING IS EXTRAORDINARY!!! I really wanted a cushion but decided with a RB because of the classic-ness to them and how well haha im greedy with the carats so I know RBs are bigger than cushions. I did want a cushion look with the RB tho, like your''s! The picture on the tacori website and the pic that the jeweler showed me (attached) made me think that mybe it could give off the look of a cushion.... but now when i look at the pics the tacori concierge sent me, the ring looks so ROUND. haha i dunno. i might just be nitpicking... do you think it looks different? or do you think its the angles?

sorry if the pic is super small...

1255022883_Tacori.jpg

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 3:11:35 AM
Author: YayTacori
ooooh!!! i checked out the kessler 81 princess you were talking about and oh my goodness! i have never seen a princess shine like that!

My old engagement ring was a princess cut solitaire with pave band from blue nile. Thats part of the reason why I wanted a round this time because I used to LOVE princess cuts but as the man changes so does the cut. haha in case you are confused, i was engaged before and never went thru with it which i may sound mean but im so glad i didnt. I would be so unhappy with him right now. He never made me laugh and I was so bored with him. With my husband, I can be doing NOTHING with him and im not bored. But with my ex fiance... I had to make events and schedule activities to actually have a decent time. I actually should have never said yes to him. It wasn''t right. anyway... haha

how did you and ur bf meet? how long have you been together?
wanna know something crazy? My husband and I met December 8th 2006 and got married February 27th 2007! But we both knew that we were made for eachother. I was with my exfiance for a little over 2 years but I didn''t feel it. haha people think we are crazy when we tell them we only knew eachother for 3 months haha
Hey SS,
So I completely missed this post the other night..... I definately agree with the fact that it must have been love at first sight... (no wonder you passed on the big wedding and honeymoon, there was no time .. hahaha - j.k) Thats absolutely awesome, I''m so happy that you found that someone that you can just enjoy their company of. My BF and I actually met at a car show.. he owned his own performance shop and was at the show doing advertising with a few of the cars that he built and I was there selling one of my cars that I didn''t want to pay the steep car payment on anymore. We went out to dinner and that went well so we did the long distance relationship thing (2 1/2hrs away) for 6 months then we moved in together. We have been together for 3 yrs. 8 months.

I think you should have to wait for your anniversary for your upgrade.... haha jk,.... I''m so MEAN .. Come on SS, it''s just another 4-5 weeks after it''s done..... we can keep waiting together.. what am I gonna do without you?

D

Deactivated member 42515

Date: 12/21/2009 10:44:59 AM

ooooh!!! i checked out the kessler 81 princess you were talking about and oh my goodness! i have never seen a princess shine like that!

My old engagement ring was a princess cut solitaire with pave band from blue nile. Thats part of the reason why I wanted a round this time because I used to LOVE princess cuts but as the man changes so does the cut. haha in case you are confused, i was engaged before and never went thru with it which i may sound mean but im so glad i didnt. I would be so unhappy with him right now. He never made me laugh and I was so bored with him. With my husband, I can be doing NOTHING with him and im not bored. But with my ex fiance... I had to make events and schedule activities to actually have a decent time. I actually should have never said yes to him. It wasn''t right. anyway... haha

wanna know something crazy? My husband and I met December 8th 2006 and got married February 27th 2007! But we both knew that we were made for eachother. I was with my exfiance for a little over 2 years but I didn''t feel it. haha people think we are crazy when we tell them we only knew eachother for 3 months haha
Hey SS,
So I completely missed this post the other night..... I definately agree with the fact that it must have been love at first sight... (no wonder you passed on the big wedding and honeymoon, there was no time .. hahaha - j.k) Thats absolutely awesome, I''m so happy that you found that someone that you can just enjoy their company of. My BF and I actually met at a car show.. he owned his own performance shop and was at the show doing advertising with a few of the cars that he built and I was there selling one of my cars that I didn''t want to pay the steep car payment on anymore. We went out to dinner and that went well so we did the long distance relationship thing (2 1/2hrs away) for 6 months then we moved in together. We have been together for 3 yrs. 8 months.

I think you should have to wait for your anniversary for your upgrade.... haha jk,.... I''m so MEAN .. Come on SS, it''s just another 4-5 weeks after it''s done..... we can keep waiting together.. what am I gonna do without you?
haha you''re so funny SS. But this isnt an upgrade! I never got a ring remember! so this is THE ring! You should give your BF an ultimatum. Propose on the 15th or else you''re packing ur stuff and leaving! hahahah that way I only have to wait a couple of days!

and just cuz i have my ring doesn''t mean i wont be your SS! I will always be your SS! haha i sound like a corny movie...and i heard tacori is always late... haha they said the 11th but you never know! it might be febuary or march 11th! omg..... im gonna have a heart attack if that happens...

so 4-5 weeks is when he is proposing? how did you find out?

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 11:52:22 PM

Date: 12/20/2009 11:24:33 PM
Author: BlackIsland

BI
Black Island, did you see that my first love is a cushion? YOUR RING IS EXTRAORDINARY!!! I really wanted a cushion but decided with a RB because of the classic-ness to them and how well haha im greedy with the carats so I know RBs are bigger than cushions. I did want a cushion look with the RB tho, like your''s! The picture on the tacori website and the pic that the jeweler showed me (attached) made me think that mybe it could give off the look of a cushion.... but now when i look at the pics the tacori concierge sent me, the ring looks so ROUND. haha i dunno. i might just be nitpicking... do you think it looks different? or do you think its the angles?

sorry if the pic is super small...
Don''t worry, your RB will have the look of a cushion!

The head of your ring is very similar to mine - you just have lots more bling down the sides! Only when you are looking really, really closely (with your loop - lol) will you really see the definition of the round centre stone.

As for the wait - Tacori was right on with the delivery of my ring - it came exactly when they said it would.

BI

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 12:57:18 PM

Hey SS,

haha you''re so funny SS. But this isnt an upgrade! I never got a ring remember! so this is THE ring! You should give your BF an ultimatum. Propose on the 15th or else you''re packing ur stuff and leaving! hahahah that way I only have to wait a couple of days!

and just cuz i have my ring doesn''t mean i wont be your SS! I will always be your SS! haha i sound like a corny movie...and i heard tacori is always late... haha they said the 11th but you never know! it might be febuary or march 11th! omg..... im gonna have a heart attack if that happens...

I have NO IDEA when my proposal is going to be.... I meant it was 4-5 weeks from the time your ring was done to your anniversary date if you had to wait.. sorry for the confusion...

I can only hope that the proposal will come soon.. I mean.. We have valentines 2-14, our daughters B-day 3-30, my b-day 4-19, our 4 yr anniversary 4-24, mothers day 5-9, due with our 2nd child 7-10, ALL THE IMPORTANT DATES!!!! WHICH ONE COULD HE PICK??? or Will it be completely on its own day and I will have no idea and wont be waiting..........AHHHH

shine4me

Rough_Rock
YayTacori I can not wait to see your ring on your hand!! And you know I have always heard distance makes the heart grow fonder
2.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I have the HT 2352 half eternity set in platinum set with a 1 carat Jubilee. Just by chance, I found the set in a local store that fit my diamond perfectly, so the only waiting I had to do was to pay it off! But I am so glad I found it. I love the platinum, baguettes, and trillions.

Here is a post on it. My photos aren''t too great, but scroll to the end to see the better ones. Maybe one day I''ll get off my lazy bum and shoot some better ones.

original post

D

Deactivated member 42515

shine4me- thanks so much! It should be here january 12th or 13th! Im super excited!

Neverendingupgrade-I have seen your ring already and thought it was sooo beautiful! I love trillions! You''ve seriously gotta post more pics! yay!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Date: 12/21/2009 4:38:41 PM

Date: 12/21/2009 12:57:18 PM

Hey SS,

I have NO IDEA when my proposal is going to be.... I meant it was 4-5 weeks from the time your ring was done to your anniversary date if you had to wait.. sorry for the confusion...

I can only hope that the proposal will come soon.. I mean.. We have valentines 2-14, our daughters B-day 3-30, my b-day 4-19, our 4 yr anniversary 4-24, mothers day 5-9, due with our 2nd child 7-10, ALL THE IMPORTANT DATES!!!! WHICH ONE COULD HE PICK??? or Will it be completely on its own day and I will have no idea and wont be waiting..........AHHHH
i think he might pick a day that is TOTALLy gonna surprise you because im sure he knows that on all the important dates you are waiting for him to pop the question! awww but how great is that feeling... waiting for your bf to propose and seeing that box open and saying YES!

January 13th is so far awayyyyyyyy i hope its the 12th rather than the 13th... my husband says that we can go get it whenever i want! yay! but he just told me to stop asking what day because it isn''t even here yet, but he said the moment they call, we can go whenever day! wooo hoooooo! i hope i like it! and i hope it sparkles! the pics are kinda dull....

D

Deactivated member 42515

Aww poor sandiegolady... Mine is gonna be the halfway
7.gif
do u still like it? :) I wish I got the eternity! But oh well my husband says I''m spoiled as it is! Haha

D

Deactivated member 42515

Sorry. Not bumping but trying to make sure this topic reaches my email address. Thanks for the great comments! 2 and a half more weeks!

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Hey SS,
If I''m not mistaken it''s gotta almost be the "arrival date" of the beauty!!!!
36.gif

How you holding up?

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
is it here yet? is it here yet?
9.gif

Collee

Shiny_Rock
I have been following your thread. Bumping and checking for update.

D

Deactivated member 42515

sooooo I was soooo excited on Monday because Tacori shipped out my ring overnight and told me it will arrive on Tuesday! So I ecstatically waited for the phone call from my jewelers, looking at my phone every 2 seconds!

They never called! So I finally called in the evening and asked if it was there, and they told me that it has to be sent to the "home" store first and they have to tag it and put it into their system and then they will ship it over to the actual store where I will pick it up.... and he said he it should be here by friday... so I was like fine... I will see you on Saturday.

Anyway, it doesn''t matter because admin is not letting me post my ering yet, they said the wb was ok to post but since I still haven''t decided on what kind of center diamond I want, they won''t let me post pics of my ering.
38.gif

I just need to hurry and decided on my center, but I don''t wanna rush the process. I want to be sure that what I buy is what I want. Just like how I feel about my setting. I researched and researched settings but none gave me that omg feeling but this one did.. and I haven''t had that feeling yet for a diamond... so
39.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 5:17:48 PM
sooooo I was soooo excited on Monday because Tacori shipped out my ring overnight and told me it will arrive on Tuesday! So I ecstatically waited for the phone call from my jewelers, looking at my phone every 2 seconds!

They never called! So I finally called in the evening and asked if it was there, and they told me that it has to be sent to the ''home'' store first and they have to tag it and put it into their system and then they will ship it over to the actual store where I will pick it up.... and he said he it should be here by friday... so I was like fine... I will see you on Saturday.

Anyway, it doesn''t matter because admin is not letting me post my ering yet, they said the wb was ok to post but since I still haven''t decided on what kind of center diamond I want, they won''t let me post pics of my ering.
38.gif

I just need to hurry and decided on my center, but I don''t wanna rush the process. I want to be sure that what I buy is what I want. Just like how I feel about my setting. I researched and researched settings but none gave me that omg feeling but this one did.. and I haven''t had that feeling yet for a diamond... so
39.gif
Do you really have many options for the diamond? I mean, the setting was made to fit a certain size and shape, no?

Anyways, I hope you love it when it arrives!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Date: 1/14/2010 5:33:21 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 1/14/2010 5:17:48 PM

They never called! So I finally called in the evening and asked if it was there, and they told me that it has to be sent to the ''home'' store first and they have to tag it and put it into their system and then they will ship it over to the actual store where I will pick it up.... and he said he it should be here by friday... so I was like fine... I will see you on Saturday.

38.gif

39.gif
Do you really have many options for the diamond? I mean, the setting was made to fit a certain size and shape, no?

Anyways, I hope you love it when it arrives!
yes, it was made for a 1.5 center stone and for a round. But I''m still debating on whether or not I wanna splurge and get higher color grade or get a J or so with a med blue flour. I really do love the blue flour so much. Actually, I was almost set on getting a J with med flour from wink but then I saw your post and I was like ahh! I love your new diamond color! So now I am back on the drawing board...

D

Deactivated member 42515

I believe they are G-H color and VS clarity. I sent Wink a pic of my setting and when I told Wink this, he told me that the diamond I picked would compliment the setting very nicely. But this was about a month ago and I don''t think the same diamond is available anymore.

My DH has not really given me a budget, but personally I think I have set about $12,000 as the budget.

I know that this budget will get me a H&A I-J color, VS1-SI1 diamond depending on where I purchase my diamond.

But since DH has not given me a budget, its hard not to consider spending 5k or so more and getting an F or G.

I actually have found some G color but they were SI1, and even tho they might be eye clean... I''m afriad the mind clean is going to bother me in the end.

I''m frustrating myself with this diamond purchase and I wish DH would just set a budget for me. I am good with setting budgets for him
31.gif
but since this is for myself, I am getting greedy at all the diamonds that I COULD purchase.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Date: 1/13/2010 8:42:52 PM
Hey SS,
If I''m not mistaken it''s gotta almost be the ''arrival date'' of the beauty!!!!
36.gif

How you holding up?
hey there!

i''m doing ok... it kinda sucked that I thought that I was going to have the ring on my finger on Tuesday but alas... it wasn''t mean to be.

how r u doing? have you gotten your proposal yet?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that an H SI1 would be a good option. The price differnence between G and H is large I have noticed, but it will still look nice and white. Me personally, I would be hesitant to go lower than an H with the melee diamonds because they will *always* look whiter than the center, it is the nature of the smaller cuts.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Date: 1/14/2010 7:54:38 PM
I think that an H SI1 would be a good option. The price differnence between G and H is large I have noticed, but it will still look nice and white. Me personally, I would be hesitant to go lower than an H with the melee diamonds because they will *always* look whiter than the center, it is the nature of the smaller cuts.
This I did not know, thank you for this information.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting, I bet you can''t wait it is such a beautiful ring and wedding band. I went shopping yesterday and there were so many beautiful rings - I wanted them all!
31.gif
I have another project on the go, there is always something you want or need when it comes to diamonds, lol. Can''t wait to see your real pics, keep us updated.
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 7:56:24 PM

Date: 1/14/2010 7:54:38 PM
This I did not know, thank you for this information.
Yes, the diamonds in my half eternity are actually H/I. They always look noticably whiter than my K, but they look the same as my G.

Collee

Shiny_Rock

OMG, no diamond yet? Ok, slowly and calmly steer your mind away from the setting and focus ALL your efforts on finding the diamond. Since your options are limited in re: to size, the process should not take that long. Stick to a budget (12k is a great number), color G-I, clarity VS1-VS2 (more bang for your buck than VVS) and start actively searching. Give yourself a deadline (2-3 wks) so that you remain totally focused.

Who is going to set the stone? If not set by Tacori, does that void the warranty?

D

Deactivated member 42515

Date: 1/15/2010 9:46:56 AM
Author: Collee

OMG, no diamond yet? Ok, slowly and calmly steer your mind away from the setting and focus ALL your efforts on finding the diamond. Since your options are limited in re: to size, the process should not take that long. Stick to a budget (12k is a great number), color G-I, clarity VS1-VS2 (more bang for your buck than VVS) and start actively searching. Give yourself a deadline (2-3 wks) so that you remain totally focused.

Who is going to set the stone? If not set by Tacori, does that void the warranty?

I''m not sure if it voids the warranty, but I would rather send it in and have Tacori set it for me.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I know with my Verragio I had to have the jeweler that I bought it from set the stone so the warranty was still good. I was told if I had my jeweler set it, the warranty would be void. Just my two cents.

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 7:40:14 PM

Date: 1/13/2010 8:42:52 PM
Hey SS,
If I''m not mistaken it''s gotta almost be the ''arrival date'' of the beauty!!!!
36.gif

How you holding up?
hey there!

i''m doing ok... it kinda sucked that I thought that I was going to have the ring on my finger on Tuesday but alas... it wasn''t mean to be.

how r u doing? have you gotten your proposal yet?
Hello!
No, no proposal yet... still just getting to stare at a ring in a box.
emsad.gif

Sorry to hear that you had to wait even longer for your beauty! Atleast it is almost Saturday.

As for who that you have set the stone (once you pick one) I''m glad to hear that you will be sending it off to Tacori... As you know I just got mine done at Verragio and they ONLY cover the paved and side diamonds with their warranty if they themselves set the center stone.

IKNVRB4- I hope that you have it in paper that yours is covered by Verragio with the clause that you had the dealer set the stone. My jeweler did say that they had "a little more play" with Verragio if they set it rather than my typical close to home jeweler, BUT the only way that is was Fully Covered No Questions Asked is if it was sent out and set by Verragio. Sorry, I don''t want to sound like a Verragio expert but I did speak to the VP over there and thats where my warranty coverage info comes from. (no middle man) I just want to make sure you are fully covered on your investment as it is still pretty recent that yours was done and paperwork could still be drawn up by the dealer that if Verragio refuses to cover any lost diamonds than it is their (dealers) responsibiliy since they gave you incorrect info..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results