shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dream Ring: 8.1mm European Cut Diamond

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still love this one!!!! :appl: I am convinced, Dreamer, that both of us had to make a few changes until we found the right diamond. In your case, you were fortunate to find it all in one package, great stone and setting!!! I love that band with your ring, too!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I love the new band with your amazing solitaire. It is perfection! :love: :appl: :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rhea|1371717343|3469164 said:
I was thinking about you the other day! I thought it'd been nearly a year now. I'm not sure that I've ever felt that way about my rings. I have a couple that I love and would never give up, but they aren't *the ring*. You seem so happy with yours, probably leading to less time on RT lately. You're missed there.

I am very happy with my ring! I do think perhaps down the road I will reset it for variety, but I don't have any particular desire to change my stone!

I am on PS a lot less these days because I have been trying to make an effort to spend less time on the internet. But I am sure that will change... PS addiction is impossible to break.

Thanks DS and armywife! Actually, that most recent band wend off into the bling continuum. I did not keep it. It was too big and was not resizable, and it was 18k. I got it for a good price and thought I would try it out. As it turns out I don't like a diamond band with my ring! So I am still wearing the little engraved platinum band I posted earlier. One day, maybe (who knows) I will find a band that is a better match. I am on the lookout always! Or I could buy a new one if I ever had the money lol Only 14 more months with two kids in daycare and then WEEEEEEE disposable income again :lol:

ETA: I will try and take some "anniversary" photos soon to post! :halo:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
If you ever ditch that setting, I'll be the first to snag it off Preloved! It's just amazing.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL rosie! I don't think I would ever sell it. I would keep it in case I wanted to go back to it again! It is too hard to find a mount like this, I could not pass it along :))

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Well if you did sell it I'd think you were crazy. But I'd very happily wear it daily nonetheless! :) It's truly incredible.

diamondvols

Rough_Rock
Love the diamond. Adore the setting! Congratulations. :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, that is seriously a beautiful ring, and the little hearts and arrows is sooo cute!! I think the setting is perfect for it. Really shows off the stone. Congratulations on such an amazing find!!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Bump!

Enjoyed this thread and the other one with the discussion of table darkness/obstruction in OEC's which is where I started.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-european-cut-obstruction-and-recut-information-advice.177197/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-european-cut-obstruction-and-recut-information-advice.177197/[/URL]

Thought I would post this stone that mimics the facet pattern of Dreamer D's awesome stone and is graded by GIA as a MRB VG/VG/VG.
Would be interesting to see how it performs.
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/4.00-carat-i-color-si1-clarity-very-good-cut-sku-35673
(Deeper and larger table)

Too bad it has that little buggar on the table.

I've seen others that are smaller. You have to look under "good" and "very good" to find them which is against the "religion"
of most PSrs...LOL. Ive also seen the checker board pattern stones every once in a while too. Once you spot them you go..oh
look at that faceting!

Boo247

Rough_Rock
I'm late to this topic. Your ring is amazing.

Ive read all the posts on your ring. It's so interesting. I'm the proud new owner of an old mine cut diamond. I don't know a lot about them other than I knew I wanted cushion and then realised it was the old cuts I love and my amazing chap found a lovely antique diamond ring. I'm waiting on it being re-sized. I can't wait to have it!

I don't want to high jack your thread but I'd love to know more about the stone as you are really knowledgeable. If I posted pics of mine here will you share with me what you know?

We are also thinking of a reset too. I'd welcome thoughts on that.

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
WoW!!!!!! Absolutelr love it!!! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results