shape
carat
color
clarity

MY DGS asked me to help him buy an Engagement Ring

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Damn, my math skills suck. But maybe he would go up another $8-900. BG can ship the ring to WF & WF can set it.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regarding size of a small sparkly diamond.... Some people do better with a concrete examples. A hexagonal #2 pencil has a 7 mm diameter (~1.3 c round diamond size), a round #2 pencil and a pushpin top have a 6 mm diameter (~.8 c), and a kernel of popcorn is 4 mm (~.25c). You could also find some loose round sequins of these sizes to show him on your finger that is closest to the intended's size.

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Brian Gavin.. I like the Grace, is delicate looking.

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/grace-3-stone-pears-platinum-5557p

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/the-summer-platinum-5371p

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...pear-sidestones-with-shoulders-platinum-5367p

Please put that WF stone on hold till you can think about it. It's the largest, cleanest, cheapest stone I could find. It's a J yes, but it has a lot going for it. It's going to be large & in a 3 stone, will look fantastic. I think the pricing is doable.
Ccuheartnurse,
This setting looks perfect !!
I am so excited! Thanks sooo much.
I just emailed him the link.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GamGam... Call WF & ask for Brittany. Tell her I sent you, ccuheartnurse. Just do it. LOL Try live chat.
;))

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ccuheartnurse,
This setting looks perfect !!
I am so excited! Thanks sooo much.
I just emailed him the link.
Ideal setting I love the Grace too!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Brian no doubt has beautiful things, I know, I'm a client. LOL It's just as easy for BG to ship the ring to WF & they set it. I did this myself back in the fall. That last one, the 1.133 coda72 posted is a nice stone. The rational "I want value" part of me is that if I'm paying the same price for a stone & both are gorgeous, no issues with them, I'm buying the bigger one. :lol-2: If you think the stone will look small, I'd keep the 1.42 as an option till he figures it out. But stones get snapped up by lurkers pretty fast so put whatever you think he's going to like on hold.

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for your replies. I talked to DGS last night, and he's decided to wait until after tax season is over to make a purchase. He does, however, really like the Brian Gavin 3 stone setting, so that's one small step!! When he's ready to make his purchase, I'll post again.
And once again, thanks so much. We really appreciate your input. :wavey:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey, he made some progress. Lol. Check with Brian Gavin though because he’s always got some kind of discount going on during March Madness. I get confused by it but someone there can explain it. Lol. Plus, also, WF has a Flex plan available if that would help him. All in all, he’s got you in his corner which is great. Best of luck,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results