carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Custom Cut 5 ct Whiteflash ACA Upgrade

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone! :wavey:

It's that time of year for my annual diamond jewelry reveal!

I decided to jump back on the Whiteflash upgrade train this year in pursuit of my holy grail ACA. I missed out on a few 5ct H VS ACA's in their inventory over the past few years so I asked my SA if WF had anything in the pipeline with my desired specs. Unfortunately, she said that none were available immediately and that diamond rough in general was affected by the COVID 19 pandemic.

She offered me the custom cut ACA route as an alternative. I did my research and decided that it would be now or never since diamond prices were on the rise. Also, it was a no brainer for me since their custom ACA cuts qualify for their lifetime trade up policy!

We initally agreed upon a ACA carat size range (5.0 - 5.1 ct), color (H) and clarity (VS-2) for a quoted price (please note custom cuts are a higher premium than ACA's already listed in their inventory). A down payment was required and I sent my old 4.7ct ACA back in as well for trade in/recertification. Then the whole waiting process began!

WF obtained the diamond rough with guaranteed minimum specs for the finished product (otherwise they will start over again for you at no extra cost!!!). Once the diamond was cut to strict ACA parameters by their cutters, my ACA was sent to AGS for official certification and then back to WF for final inspection/setting.

So for inquiring minds, it took approximately 4 months from start to finish. However, I do know that my time frame was prolonged by the COVID 19 pandemic this year. Patience is truly a virtue when doing a project like this one but the final result was well worth the wait!

As for the setting, I decided to reuse my beloved VC Emilya since I have loved wearing it over the years! Kudo's to the WF bench who did a fabulous job setting my new ACA back into this setting--it looks like it was custom made for it!

Many thanks go out to Debi, Liza, Vera, and the whole WF crew for holding my hand during this entire process! Also to my PS bling friends who listened to me talking about this upgrade these past few months!

So here she is, my 5.02 H VS-2 custom cut ACA!!! :kiss2:

1E856B6B-84E0-40E9-BA86-2B07EE9F7BA3_1_201_a.jpeg

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely stunning @m-2-b. Congratulations!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - that is spectacular! Enjoy every moment of it! Can’t wait to see hand shots!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was a cloudy, overcast day today so not many good outdoor handshots, unfortunately!

FF4CB2D3-B44C-4CEF-969C-8B73448B4132_1_201_a.jpeg

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
Wow is all I can say. She is a beauty

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning, I truly love it!
Can you note a difference in the bump up in color?

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Beautiful and I love the finger coverage.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2: Amazing. What a gorgeous ring!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful upgrade! Enjoy it...it’s amazing.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So GORGEOUS!!!! :love: It definitely is a strong mid to high H because it looks sooo white! I know you must be thrilled to finally get your holy grail ACA!!! There couldn't be a better setting than the Emilya, so it is just wonderful that you were able to use it for the new stone!

I'll be checking back for more pictures!!! Do some diamond collection pics, too, if you have time! So happy for you!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
An absolutely stunning diamond and ring! Wow!:kiss2:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, what absolute stunning perfection!! And I love that you were able to reuse your setting, what a bonus!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Wow this is spectacular!!! I am soo happy for you @m-2-b you must be over the moon with joy! The diamond is stunning and that is fabulous you could continue to enjoy your Emilya! Congratulations on this beautiful diamond ring! She looks gorgeous on you.

Q

Queenie60

Wow! Beautiful - you're a lucky lady! Congratulations

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
It was a cloudy, overcast day today so not many good outdoor handshots, unfortunately!

FF4CB2D3-B44C-4CEF-969C-8B73448B4132_1_201_a.jpeg

I’m just going to pass out with this photo right here.

Stunning! Such a white H! Such a clean VS2! Such a careful and delicate reset that didn’t need to go back to VC!

So happy for you (and for us to get to see the photos and details), and sounds like this was a very fun project for the WF folks as well.

Enjoy in good health!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
That is a fabulous diamond! And what a bonus that it could be set in your current setting.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations what an amazing upgrade!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!!! Absolutely beautiful! :kiss2: :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results