shape
carat
color
clarity

MY CUSHION AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
p.s. I LOVE pix like the last ones. Really lets you see the beauty of the stone ! Moremoremore please!
edited: you beat me to it! LOL...Let's have more in the dim lighting!!!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooohhhhhhhhhh, that is absolutely gorgeous. How romantic...a scavenger hunt! Awwwwwwww, that is absolutely sweet.
Congratulations! And if you feel the need to post some more pics..please feel free to do so. I won''t complain
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Absolutely beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif
Congratulations to your FI and best wishes to you!
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
btw- i hope you didn''t think I was being negative...just answering Ms. Patty''s question about the old mine cut! :) it''s an awesome ring!

Oh...my...GOOOOSSSHHH!!!!!! (yup, I''m yelling!
28.gif
)

THAT is one incredible ring. And it looks so pretty on your hand. Be prepared for lots of staring from strangers and not-so-strangers.

BIG SMILES!!
35.gif
Mary

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that sure is swoon-worthy!
30.gif
Congratulations!!!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
How Beautiful!!! I am REALLY loving those CUSHIONS!! Your pics are gorgeous, stone is spectacular, and your setting is stunning!! Congrats!
9.gif
30.gif
9.gif
30.gif
9.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yanekie!!!!!! I love it! Its AMAZING!!!!!!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Yanekie, it''s lovely! I''m glad your wait has finally ended and with a gorgeous, very blingy ring to boot! Congrats on making your engagement official to the world and not just all us crazy PSers
1.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
18.gif
I loovve your ring! Perfection.

Congrats on your engagement - loved the pj''s part of it !

I too will be using Mark to find my cushion very soon. What is the l to w ratio on your stone? And you mentioned it was recut because of the culet. Can you tell us more? Did it take a long time to locate that beauty?

Again, a stunning ring. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Croí

Shiny_Rock
Yanekie25

SOOOOO happy for you !!! it''s a gorgeous stone and I love the scavenger hunt proposal - so cute !!!

enjoy every minute ........... stare ! stare ! stare all you like !!!

C

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2004 11:58 PM
Author: yanekie25

Valeria101, actually Mark''s jeweler made the setting. It''s obviously inspired by the Michael B, with just the additions of the split prongs. It was cheaper than having bought the branded setting, and you get to control the stone type I suppose. It sparkles like no other, the stones in the setting are amazing.
Thanks. I think they managed to perfect the original quite a bit
9.gif

There are a couple OMC-type diamonds labeled "cushion" here and there and most if not all are new stones. It makes sense to cut that open culet somethimes, so this is just what happens.
2.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Wow Yanekie25! That is a stunning ring. You are right, that pillowy side view of the cushion cut is wonderful. It looks great on your hand.

Enjoy wearing it, and best wishes on your engagement.

and just a btw... you don''t really want them to graduate from diamonds. IMO you want them to keep practicing.
emwink.gif

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! She is a beauty. I am begining to like cushion more and more...
16.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
WHAT A ROCK!!! Congratulations Yanekie!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That setting is amazing (love the two rows on top) and looks perfect on your hand... like its always been there and you never had to wait!
9.gif
Your fiance did a wonderful job!!! MORE PICTURES!!!
emphoto.gif

All you ladies with the drool-producing cushions are making me want one!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif

(Thats me drooling into a pool of drool on my keyboard!
2.gif
)

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS! I just love when someone gets engaged! It''s such a fantastic day in your life! And your ring? OMG, it is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! The more I see cushion cuts the more I think I''m going to have to have one!!!! I love it!

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Yanekie,

It''s beautiful...classy...timeless. It looks perfect on your hand.

Congratulations on your engagement. Such a wonderful proposal too.

emwink.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your ring!! The combination of the cushion and the three-sided pave is absolutely perfect. You are a luck lady!! Wear it happily.
36.gif

uclaure

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on a beautiful ring. I really like the box, may I ask where you got it from.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
emsmiled.gif
sparkle, sparkle, sparkle, sparkle..............it''s beautiful!!!!
emsmilep.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Great story and absolutely stunning ring!!!! Please more close up pics. I love your setting
30.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
sorry ladies. I went out of town and didn't notice all the replies. THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I did try to take more pics. Will post those. I do love the ring, but I am thinking about adding to it. That's not bad right. I think I want some pave on the basket. BF confessed that it he wasn't able to request it for time constraints, but I think it would add some more drama to the setting. However, I am thinking they would have to create a whole new basket, since I don't think you can just add pave to a band, but I am not sure I can part with it. Here is a mockup of what I am talking about
342764%3A%3B23232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2329%3D%3B54%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323734%3A%3B%3C244ot1lsi

What do you ladies think. I know no one will notice since where it's located but it makes a huge difference.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
LOL!!! And this coming from the girl i had to tell "EMBRACE THE BLING"......... boy did you ever!
2.gif
3.gif
9.gif
10.gif

LOVE the additional pave on the basket, but it is very nice without it as well. I think if you really want to do this you need to wait... if for no other reason than not to hurt the fiances feelings... because he did a WONDERFUL job!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

SLH

Shiny_Rock
I like it!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
wow - that is absolutely gorgeous - congrats!!!!

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
Y25 - Stunning, just Beautiful

Congrats

lovemybigassch

Rough_Rock
OMG. THat is gorgeous!! Congrats! Cushions are so hard to find, I am going to go back and read how you got your hands on sucha beaut (I''m a newbie oldie, LOL).

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone, for the compliments. I do love it and gets a few stares. I also find that I use my left hand a lot more lately, even though I am right handed.
31.gif
I am just going to answer all the questions I think I have outstanding. If I missed one, just let me know.

njc, he actually likes it, but not sure if I will go that route. We shall see. I do love the extra detail

Ann, The ratio is actually 1.84 (according to fiance), I will verify with the certificate tonight. I think rectangles are the natural size for cushions, squares are a bit harder to fine. I originally was dead set on a square, but ultimately it wasn''t my decision. I did take a while to get used to the shape, since I had this square in my mind, but I love it now. It think it looks bigger in this shape rather than a square. I say this until I see MMM''s ring, and just drool over the shape.
On the culet, I will let you know what I know. It seems and the certificate would verify that this stone originally had a large open culet. Not sure, what cutters do, but I assume cut somewhere at the bottom to make the culet smaller, maybe some experts could help me.
I think we started looking looking in Oct - Nov. Fiance said he looked at over 20 stones from several different dealers (Lauren B, Diva on 47th and a private wholesaler recommended by a friend). This one was the one he liked the best. His biggest issue was getting the great color since it would be set next to E - F melee and get the best carat weight and staying all in the budget. He did look at a G color 3.02ct, but the setting would have made it look yellow (so he says). I went to Mark once when we started looking, he shows you are range of stones in your price range across all the various "C" characteristics. I think its the best way to decide seeing the different things and deciding what is and isn''t important and what you are willing to live with in a stone.

Ultimately, I didn''t pick the final stone or setting. Fiance handled the rest himself. I think he found it by mid Nov, and it took 4 - 5 weeks to make the setting. I just provided some initial direction and set him tons of pics from this site.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results