shape
carat
color
clarity

My CS Year 2015

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photos of the JW Danburite, next to my 2-row pearl clasp that is nearly 20mm in diameter, and amongst my two largest strands of pearls.

jwdanburiteandclasp.jpg
jwdanburitewithpearls.jpg

I may convert the two strands of pearls so that they can be worn with the Danburite clasp while I save up for new pearls.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug's Natural Blue Topaz Asscher with his White Topaz traps cut especially for the Asscher:

naturalbluetopazwithtraps.jpg
rhamethystwithsbtriangles.jpg

The RH Amehtyst will be set next, followed by Doug's Asscher.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My latest purchases from Jeff D, and they are likely to the last for a while, as I shall concentrate on setting my CS purchases next year:

jd07nov15groupshot.jpg
ebtopazandovalbluezircon.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing update dk!!
That Danburite is amazing to the max and will make a stunning clasp.
I already love the topaz combo as well as the Ammy/topaz combo. Who will set these for you?
You have a JD collection for a lifetime 8-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1446992114|3947000 said:
Amazing update dk!!
That Danburite is amazing to the max and will make a stunning clasp.
I already love the topaz combo as well as the Ammy/topaz combo. Who will set these for you?
You have a JD collection for a lifetime 8-)

Thanks for the kind words.

I am meeting up with the young gentleman from diamondmounts who appears to have been allocated the task of being my main contact when I am in HK/China next week, to handover sufficient CSs to keep him busy for a while. :naughty: :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whahahaha :lol:
Well, the fact that you have your own singe point of contact says it all. He will definitely be quite busy with your projects alone.
I love that the topaz sidestones are cut to match the dimensions of your top colour natural blue topaz. I like!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1446997351|3947017 said:
Whahahaha :lol:
Well, the fact that you have your own singe point of contact says it all. He will definitely be quite busy with your projects alone.
I love that the topaz sidestones are cut to match the dimensions of your top colour natural blue topaz. I like!!!

Ha ha re: dedicated contact at diamondmounts. :bigsmile:

However, I still can't get Gene to cut me a blue green Tourmaline! :doh:

I am very pleased with the traps that Doug had cut for me for the natural blue Topaz, and am looking forward to having them set after the RH Amethyst in April 2015 (the RH Amethyst ring is expensive to make as it is heavy in gold and with better/bigger diamonds than normal, hence I am going to split the payment over 3 months).

And yes, I have lots of stones to be set.

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you contact Gene lately? On his website he states he does do commissioned work. Is there still any of that Afghan blue-green tourmaline rough left?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1446999656|3947033 said:
Did you contact Gene lately? On his website he states he does do commissioned work. Is there still any of that Afghan blue-green tourmaline rough left?

Perhaps I should contact him again after I have bought my new tent next year as the first of my "nicer CS" purchase - the tent must come first.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, please focus on the tent in 2016!!!

You have such an amazing project coming up with the yellow heart. It's indeed not very clear in the group pic. I love the setting you have chosen for it :love: :love: Double rainbow pleasure to the max

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a teaser pic of the three rings I collected earlier today while in HK, and I love them all, especially the Christmas tree!
imag0388.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waaah! Triple amazingness :love: :love: :love:
I love all three rings. My personal favourite is the large purple with halo. I love that is has a plain shank. I like!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh love all three rings!!!! I think my favorite is the halo, but all three are gorgeous! :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
DK your rings are absolutely stunning! I love them all but the Christmas tree is my favourite too!

More photos please!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the kind words. :bigsmile:

Hand shots of the oval white zircon with sapphires sidestones. Very good finger coverage, and I love this subtle colour combo, very different to the Christmas Tree ring!

imag0397.jpg
imag0394.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The zircon/sapphire ring looks amazing on you DK!
I love the delicate pastel colors. Thanks for sharing!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK are all three of them from diamondmounts? I'm super impressed with how nice they look, and am considering using them for a few of my stone setting projects :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, all three rings were made by diamondmounts.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1447595158|3949908 said:

Hand shots of the oval white zircon with sapphires sidestones. Very good finger coverage, and I love this subtle colour combo, very different to the Christmas Tree ring!

imag0397.jpg
imag0394.jpg

Love them all especially this one.

Very interested in seeing more of your Christmas Tree ring as I am in the process of having a similar ring made and its still early enough to tweak the design (mint garnet around my spess - so more summer than Christmas :) ).

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1447595158|3949908 said:

imag0397.jpg
imag0394.jpg

Stunning! I also love the subtle colours and the proportions are perfect.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1447604559|3949936 said:
Yup, all three rings were made by diamondmounts.

Sorry DK, more questions. Do you send them your stones, or have them make settings based on measurements? Obviously if you're in Asia ignore me, since that would be easy :) I guess I'm a bit hesitant to send them my stones from the US, but also hesitant to just send measurement. Thanks! :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent my stones to China while I was at home in UK before my trip. The stones were not expensive.

For the semi-mount of my EC diamond, I did not want to send my EC over to them, so I provided them with the measurements, had the ring made and shipped to UK, for the diamond to be taken out of its original setting and set into the new ring at a cost of 100 GBP. It worked really well as I did have reservations as it was a bezel set setting.

I had handed over a number of CS sufficient for a few rings and projects to my main contact at diamondmounts when we met for lunch on Saturday.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics of the amethyst ring taken using my phone while out and about shopping yesterday: imag0404.jpg imag0405.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics of the Christmas Tree in the sun, not an easy ring to wear due to the colour combination, however I wear black and white a lot:
imag0407.jpg
imag0408.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I love your action pic of the Christmas tree. I like :love: :love: :love:
Your new rings are simply stunning. I love it that they are so different. Thanks for sharing!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CS year 2015 has morphed into CS year 2016.
Any updates DK?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1453399845|3979193 said:
CS year 2015 has morphed into CS year 2016.
Any updates DK?

Nothing yet as I have a few non-jewellery big purchases/outgoings in January and February (e.g. new tent package at the end of Jan, and flights to LA etc...).

I am hoping to start paying for the RH Amethyst to be set in March, and should have the ring in hand in May.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a great planning, especially since you will have your tent package this month. Yay!
Who will set your gorgeous RH Ammy for you?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1453414530|3979336 said:
Sounds like a great planning, especially since you will have your tent package this month. Yay!
Who will set your gorgeous RH Ammy for you?

It is already with diamondmounts, along with 2 years' worth of stones to set! I took them with me to HK, and met up with my usual contact in China and handed them over to him.

DK :naughty: :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondmounts really does magic to your stones dk! I love how your stones travel around the globe!
And 2 year supply of stones! Ask the mods to change your thread name into 'My CS era 2015-2017' 8-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results