shape
carat
color
clarity

My CS Year 2015

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting DK! I love the concept of that bracelet (as well as those beautiful stones) and the concept of the interchangeable ring.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love the group photo, the convertible bangle is an excellent idea!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1437854311|3907417 said:
My Mastercutgems goodies arrived, and they sent me a cute silver grey star sapphire approximately 8mm as a gift:

mastercutgemsjul2015.jpg

Also getting this from The Gem Trader, a 5.77ct 15.6 x 11mm Sunstone Iolite with Haematite:

jul15siolitei.gif

DK :))

Hi DK, sorry to potentially "thread jack" you here, but I came across another sunstone iolite after falling in love with yours, and was just wondering if you still love it/if you have any more pics of it? Trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on it, haha, and the only place I've ever seen one is from this thread :)
Thanks!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a lovely stone, and definitely a keeper for me.

It shimmers when viewed from different angles, very pretty, IMHO. Not a showy stone as it does not give out big flashes or reflect much light, however, it is unusual definitely.

I don't have anymore pics except this one:

tgtiolitewithhaematite5.jpg

As I mentioned before, I missed out on the first one which was an emerald cut, and am glad I managed to get this one.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I also have a sunstone iolite, but I don't know what to do with it! Not to mention the rest of the unset stones here and a few more that aren't in this gem box...I should get on that. Any ideas?

img_20150818_155311592_hdr.jpg

img_20150818_155436308.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought a long and narrow Rhodolite garnet from JD, and I intend to set it east-west flanked by diamond melees on each side, the stone itself, 1.66ct, 10.11 x 4.58 x 3.39mm:

jdrhodolitegarnet1.jpg

0530-mens-rings-mr-158.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My latest from JD, a 5.68ct, 11mm Electric Blue Topaz, special request after missing out on one of his listings for another EB Topaz:

jdebtopaz5.jpg

and this is the setting I have in mind for it:

1_50.png

There are more goodies from JD on their way to me, and still have more yet to be paid for. That really should be it for CS buying this year, and I shall concentrate on setting some of them (4 rings already planned for this year).

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones and setting inspirations DK!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JD's Blue Zircon Heart has been set and on its way back to me, pics from diamondmounts using the camera of a mobile phone and not exactly glamour shots:

bluezirconheartandaquarings.jpg

bluezirconheartprofile.jpg

I am hoping to have more stones set before I go to HK to meet up with mochiko42, however, it may not happen as I have asked Doug to cut me some side stones for my Asscher cut natural blue topaz and for my RH amethyst.

Also, I got this one from Doug too - it is so pretty I just cannot resist (I have a soft spot for trillions), 10.5ct, 14.3x14.3x8.5mm:
517b_large10.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful zircon heart ring DK! A perfect match of a beautiful stone and equally beautiful setting. Is that your EC ring in the photo? Did Diamondmounts make any adaptions?

Gorgeous trillion from Doug! Is it a sky blue topaz! Stunning bright blue :love: :love: :love:

You forgot to post your beautiful new zircon :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The JD Aqua ring went back to be re-sized to fit my left hand ring finger, as it does not look right on my middle left hand finger.

That's a treated blue topaz from Doug, in theory, the cut without sharp corners should be easier to set with prongs, however, not 100% certain if I would risk a prong set.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The trillion will look gorgeous with prongs but will not look shabby in a bezel either. It depends whether you are hard on your hands. My natural blue topaz is set with prongs. When I wear it I am extra careful with my hands.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug's photo of the 4 white topaz traps for my Asscher cut natural blue topaz from him, plus a pair of sky blue topaz triangles with cut off corners for my RH amethyst ring:

bespokegems_trapezoids_fvs80_849a.jpg

Also, the blue heart zircon ring arrived today, along with the re-sized aquamarine ring, and the new heart ring is gorgeous.

I shall post pics tomorrow night, as I need to go to bed now.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1444264880|3936042 said:
Doug's photo of the 4 white topaz traps for my Asscher cut natural blue topaz from him, plus a pair of sky blue topaz triangles with cut off corners for my RH amethyst ring:

bespokegems_trapezoids_fvs80_849a.jpg

Also, the blue heart zircon ring arrived today, along with the re-sized aquamarine ring, and the new heart ring is gorgeous.

I shall post pics tomorrow night, as I need to go to bed now.

Great idea to havd traps and triangles cut by Doug! It will be a great match.
Looking forward to see your pics of your new hear ring.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 more rings being made soon:

Pink Spinel with Tsavorites:
cadpinkspinelwithtsavoriteringfinal.png
with these stones:
pinkspinelwithtsavoritemelees.jpg

White Oval Zircon with Blue Sapphire sides:
cadwhitezirconbluesapphireringfinal.png
with these stones:
whitezirconwithbluesapphires.jpg

Cushion Amethyst:
jdcushionamethystcadfinal.png
with this stone, 2.32ct Amethyst, 9 x 9mm:
jd2p32ctamethyst9x586_0.jpg

All the CSs are from JD, total cost of each ring will be way under 1,250 USD. :bigsmile:

I shall set some of my nicer stones next, such as the RH Amethyst, Doug's natural blue topazes, a Sea of Cortez mabe (not a CS I know) etc...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your updae DK! These will be such beautiful rings!! I am mesmerized by your amethyst and the design you choose for it. That one will be my personal favourite I think. Great fun to work on such yummy projects.
Please share your ring in the 'fabulous under 1250$ thread' once they are ready.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh the CADs look fabulous. I especially love the design for your amethyst ring.

Please post photos of your heart ring soon, can't wait to see it!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ricezo for reminding me that I have not posted pics of the blue heart zircon ring, here they are:

jdbluezirconring01.jpg jdbluezirconring02.jpg jdbluezirconring03.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring DK! It looks perfect on you. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great to see your pics. I love everything about that ring :love: :love: :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My last lot of JD purchases for this year and possibly for a while, should be on their way to me.

It is highly unlikely that I would purchase anymore CS or have more rings made before the end of 2015.

I shall concentrate on setting my better stones in the first half of next year, then the larger JD stones.

As for CS purchase in 2016, I only have one committed project so far with Jeff W for a 6ct+ EC Aquamarine. Of course that is subjected to change! :naughty: Perhaps a Paraiba Tourmaline, may be a green stone like an Emerald or Tsavorite, or perhaps a Mahenge Spinel?

For those who may be interested, I am setting my Rhodolite Heart in this design, with green eyes, and I was born in the Year of the Snake:

gem-earth3_0.jpg 31__2_.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I am very excited to get a glimpse of your upcoming ring projects and your future stone purchases. They all look amazing and fun stones to get! Your new heart rings looks so beautiful on you!!! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glamour pics of my Danburite by Jeff White, a whopping 17.84mm in diameter and 18.80ct, and very white and clean too!

dan003.jpg
dan003_hand.jpg

It will make a stunning pearl clasp, thanks Jeff!

DK :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
DK that danburite is just gorgeous!! Congratulations! :love:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The danburite is amazing and I can't wait to see your year of the snake ring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Danburite is amazing dk!!! Big, sparkly and beautiful. I am looking forward to see it in a pearl clasp.

Thank you for your 2015/2016 update (you should change the title of your thread 8-) ).
That snake ring will be amazing.
Are you enjoying your stunning heart ring?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teaser pic of my topazes from Doug, taken in the office today:

grouppic01s.jpg

They are all fabulous! :love:

Of the two natural blue topazes, I prefer the Asscher to the Supernova, probably because I prefer step cuts to ovals in diamonds.

The trillion is massive, much bigger than anticipated, and it will make an excellent cocktail ring.

The side stones are lovely, worth every cent/penny.

The traps for the Asscher are very white and sparkly.

The colour of the triangles are less saturated than I had anticipated, however, they go well with the RH amethyst, as this combo looks more subtle and less garish, therefore, I am happy with them.

I shall take more pics later, with side stones places next to their intended main stones.

However, I have a lot still to do before my trip to HK next week.

THANK YOU DOUG!!! :love:

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
DK, that danburite is mesmerizing! I can't wait to see it as the clasp of your bracelet.

S

SparkliesLuver

Holy &$#!, DK! That danburite...wow. :lickout: :shock: There really aren't any words. :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your detailed reflections on the topazes DK! Really good to read your insights. I am convinced that the jewelry pieces you will create will be stunning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results