Premium
The first of my 2015's goodies have arrived, all from Jeff Davies:

A pair of 6.1mm Precision Cut Silver Spinel
A round 5mm Grey Spinel
A EC Light Blue Aquamarine 2.41ct 10.81 x 6.33 x 4.94mm

My pics:
jd_jan15_01.jpg
jd_jan15_02.jpg

I am particularly pleased with the Aqua, as it has a nice cut, a good size, a lovely icy blue colour, and I got it for a great price! :bigsmile:
jd_jan15_aqua_01.jpg
jd_jan15_aqua_02.jpg
jd_jan15_aqua_03.jpg

The silver Spinel pair is intended for a pair of studs for my large earring jackets, however, I thought I would just try pairing them with my Jeff White 9mm Rubellite Tourmaline, and they look very good together as a 3-stone ring IMHO (please excuse the smudge on the Tourmaline):
jd_jan15_silverspinelpairwithjwrubellite.jpg

As for the grey Spinel, I am collecting them for another ring project, a multi-gem Boodle's ring, this is the third one in the collection so far, and I already have a 4mm and another 5mm stone, all from JD.

JD's pics of the stones:
jdaquaps8147.jpg
jdsilverspinelpairps8110.jpg
jdgreyspinelps1376.jpg

And finally, the setting I have in mind for the Aqua, as I know some of you would like to know ;)) :
30bf4e394a4677f6bc17bf94fe1029a2__1_.jpg
deco_step_octagon_aqua_and_diamond_ringa.jpg

I shall start paying Jeff White for my 17mm approx. Danburite next, and find some spare pennies to set some of the stones I already have. At this moment in time, I quite like to set the Aqua first, as I just love that stone! Happy bunny here for bagging that one!

DK :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice going dk! Love all of your new gems :love: and looking forward to seeing the finished projects. :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1421493772|3817943 said:
Nice going dk! Love all of your new gems :love: and looking forward to seeing the finished projects. :appl:

Thanks missy, I am not doing well with being frugal on blings for certain!

Mind you, the Aqua was a real bargain, and I shall set it in 14k WG and not platinum to save some money as it is going to be an occasional ring.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh that aqua is going to make a gorgeous ring in white gold!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE these! Which is your favourite?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1421494351|3817947 said:
I LOVE these! Which is your favourite?

Definitely the Aqua. I could not stop looking and playing with it last night, after I came back home from a social engagement, and took the camera out to take some of the pics after midnight!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful, it will look amazing in a ring! I have banned myself from bidding in his auctions, I have a box full of JD stones and not enough funds to set them all! Looking forward to seeing your projects unfold, I'd love to see more pics of your spinels too! The grey is intriguing :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo,

Same here, JD's auctions are very additive!!!

I like the grey Spinels, although they are grey and quite dark in real life, they still have a lot of sparkles in them.

I shall try and take a group shot of the three stones I have so far later.

Just found this ring on the net, and I thought perhaps I could set my silver Spinel pair and the Aqua in a similar design, however, it will cost quite a bit more, significantly more than what I had paid for the stones! However, what a ring! :love:

3236ae3502ae88dbe04d36dc51bc242e.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starting off the year with a bang, I see. :bigsmile: I second your opinion on the grey spinels with the rubellite - they look magnificent together. I also love the setting you've chosen for your aquamarine. Really lovely. I would love to do something similar with a baby pink spinel I have, so might you be willing to point me in the direction of that setting, please?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have really gorgeous (my kind of taste) in the ring designs you have picked!!!! I think both are lovely :D

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, those spinels are so lovely! I think the two smaller stones look amazing with your rubellite.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choices DK!!! I can see why you cannot wait to see that aqua set. Beautiful dreamy blue color.
The spinels are made for your rubellite. A great match. I hope you will indeed make a 3-stone ring.

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
All beautiful stones! JD stones are addictive, and especially if you do the auctions, it's an exciting rush!

I see why you can't take your eyes off the aqua, and the setting you've chosen will be spectacular. Can't wait to see pics of the finished project!

The spinels look terrific with that gorgeous tourmaline, I think you can't go wrong whether you go 3 stone or studs! =)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the links to the two settings I have in mind:

http://www.victoria-james.co.uk/ite...eco step octagon Aqua and Diamond ring&id=114

https://www.pinterest.com/suejmc1/emerald-cut-diamond-rind-designs/

The silver Spinels sadly do not go well with the diamond earring jackets, they do not contrast well against the diamonds. Here is one of the stones next to my G/H diamond stud for comparison:

jdsilverspinelanddiamondstud.jpg

Therefore, they are likely to be set into a ring of some sort. They go quite well with the Aqua, however, I believe they are nicer with the Rubellite:

jdaquaandsilverspinels.jpg

jd_jan15_silverspinelpairwithjwrubellite_02.jpg

Here is pic of my 3 grey JD Spinels, the smallest one is a 4.5mm and not 4mm as stated before:

jd3greyspinelsjan15.jpg

CirrusClouds

Rough_Rock
Trade
Very nice! Thanks for sharing! :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1421497430|3817956 said:
ricezo,

I like the grey Spinels, although they are grey and quite dark in real life, they still have a lot of sparkles in them.

Just found this ring on the net, and I thought perhaps I could set my silver Spinel pair and the Aqua in a similar design, however, it will cost quite a bit more, significantly more than what I had paid for the stones! However, what a ring! :love:

This ring is gorgeous! I love the 3 stone vertical look!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1421497430|3817956 said:
ricezo,

Stunning ring, plus your new gems are GOR! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CAD approved for the Aquamarine, just need to find the pennies to pay for the ring now.

aquaringcad_03.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Love your aqua, DK. I have a soft spot in my heart for them since they were my late grandma's favorite stone (although yellow was her favorite color). The CAD's look nice - I love that you did the bezel. Can't wait to see it on your hand!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1422535426|3823734 said:
CAD approved for the Aquamarine, just need to find the pennies to pay for the ring now.

aquaringcad_03.jpg

The CAD looks great and very promising. I love that you added the bezel :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
So excited to see your Aqua ring DK! The CAD looks great!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the kind words ladies. I would bezel-set everything if I have my way! ;-)

Not CS related, however, my EC re-set should be ready for collection tomorrow, woo hoo! :bigsmile:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see these pieces set! Thank you so much for sharing you pics and ideas.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pair of Purple/Grey Spinel side stones from JD, just need to find a nice centre stone for them! :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

jdpurplegreyspinelsidestonesjd8255.jpg

These are probably the last of my inexpensive CS purchases as I shall concentrate on putting money aside for bigger stones (she says).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Latest acquisition from JD, although I am not a fan of marquise cut gems, I like this one as it is kind of different and unusual. Also, I decided to chance it with a Rose de France as the other Amethysts I bought from him so far are quite dark and do not sparkle well in real life.

It is the biggest CS for a ring to date, and it will be interesting to see if I can get over the size issue! :Up_to_something: :lol:

jdrdfamethystmj130.jpg

Setting will be a simple bezel setting (definitely need it for the corners!) in North-South orientation with a plain shank 5mm at the top for my left hand middle finger. I believe it will make a nice cocktail ring.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
DK you've been on a roll! Please post hand shots once they arrive :))

I love my (well now my mum's) Rose de France from Jeff, it has a very soft colour and sparkles like crazy. I hope you love yours just as much!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
dk168|1422535426|3823734 said:

I'm loving the look of the CAD and can't wait to see it finished.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The latest purchases from Jeff Davies arrived today, a pair of grey Spinel side stones, and a RDF Amethyst:

jdgreyspinelpair_rdfamethyst.jpg

I must admit the colour of the RDF does not thrill me, however the shape and cut is very nice and it has a lot of sparkles. I shall set it if I have the pennies to spare in a simple bezel setting as a cocktail ring:

jdrdfamethyst.jpg

The RDF with my other JD Amethysts:

jdamethysts.jpg

The others are a tad too dark, therefore, I shall continue to look for a stone that is somewhere in between the two, and I have a few in mind, just need to find the pennies for them.

The RDF is the largest CS I have, and I can definitely go bigger - the size issue disappeared within seconds! :bigsmile:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful collection DK! I love the cut of your rose de France!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are quite the busy bee DK!
I love the dreamy color of the RDF ammy.
You have some magical projects coming up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results