shape
carat
color
clarity

My Conversation with Barry and he''s finding me the perfect gem

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I decided to give Barry a call, up until today, I didn't even know we both were in the same state, just a few hours away from me
1.gif
Anyhow, He's such a pleasant man to speak with and I'm so ecstatic that he's finding me an already cut perfect gem for this thread I started...first looking at spinel, then to garnet, and now tourmaline.

FYI- Barry said he will no longer do the monthly drop, and said that he's now going to post the gems up on his site as he finishes cutting them, which makes sense, as he has so many gems right now that's not on his site
7.gif

YEAH
36.gif
I just wanted to share my overjoyment... I've probably drove many of you nuts with my many questions, and very selective nature. Thanks to you gem lovers out there, I really appreciate everyone's help
36.gif
in my endeavor.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barry is an extremely pleasant man to speak with. I''m sad he''s no longer doing his monthly drop, but maybe it will be easier for him to process orders that way. I hope he finds you a great stone.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 1:50:01 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Barry is an extremely pleasant man to speak with. I''m sad he''s no longer doing his monthly drop, but maybe it will be easier for him to process orders that way. I hope he finds you a great stone.
Thanks TL- He''s sending me some pictures soon...
36.gif
so I''ll get them up to get your opinions.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m excited for you! Did you decide on a color yet?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 2:17:10 PM
Author: packrat
I''m excited for you! Did you decide on a color yet?
thanks Packrat, not yet, Barry has two that he thinks I will like, blueish-green, and one like yellowy orange or so.. but I don''t have pics yet, any moment now.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok here are the two.. I just bought the yellow.. I"m a sucker for yellow... the green is superb... if anyone wants it.. its up for grabs
31.gif
it is 1.07 carat about 6.4 mm...

barrytwotourmgreenyellow.JPG

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Both are gorgeous stones! Here is the one you got in both yellow and white gold in case you wanted to see it

Dayna
1.gif

dtbarry3yg.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thank you for updating us on your search! So now it''s Tourmaline?!! That is a nice stone you''ve picked out. Hope you love it.

Thanks for the info about Barry''s drops, I was saving money for the June drop.

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Have you decided on a metal colour yet?

dtbarry3wg.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 3:39:22 PM
Author: MissDayna
Both are gorgeous stones! Here is the one you got in both yellow and white gold in case you wanted to see it

Dayna
1.gif
ahhh. schucks Dayna- you are here to help me again... thanks so much!!! I feel like I have my own personal Photoshop queen
36.gif

I know green may look nicer, but I''m just drawn to yellow... even if it looks terrible on me
9.gif
oh well. you gotta wear what you love ehh?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yep Tourmaline...a little softer and may not be a sparkly as a spinel, but once I saw it from Barry... I was in
30.gif
but I won''t be wearing it daily.
Date: 5/19/2009 3:39:56 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Oh thank you for updating us on your search! So now it''s Tourmaline?!! That is a nice stone you''ve picked out. Hope you love it.

Thanks for the info about Barry''s drops, I was saving money for the June drop.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 3:40:06 PM
Author: MissDayna
Have you decided on a metal colour yet?
I could go either way.. yellow or white.. so we shall see... what do you think?

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
Personally I agree, I think it would work well in either colour, just depends on whether you prefer the warmth of yellow gold or the cooler white gold

Dayna

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it in yellow! It reminds me of summer.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 3:53:09 PM
Author: packrat
I like it in yellow! It reminds me of summer.
yeah, I might just keep in yellow,, its less of a hassle to correct and less $ too
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, how gorgeous!!! yay for yellow!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 5:34:12 PM
Author: Skippy123
Oh wow, how gorgeous!!! yay for yellow!
thank you Skippy! yes.. I love yellow
36.gif

stacy

Shiny_Rock
That''s so awesome, D&T! I love working with Barry too. He is such a nice man, and he''s super patient. He cuts some gorgeous stones too! He cut the chrysoberyl that''s in my avatar. I''ve found that his pics are very true to life as well.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2009 6:34:10 PM
Author: stacy
That''s so awesome, D&T! I love working with Barry too. He is such a nice man, and he''s super patient. He cuts some gorgeous stones too! He cut the chrysoberyl that''s in my avatar. I''ve found that his pics are very true to life as well.
Thanks Stacy- for reconfirmming the pictures vs IRL.

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Glad it''s all working out! Love the color.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Barry is the best! I''m loving your yellow too
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though I think of myself as a White gold person, I think it looks better in the yellow. It seems to bring out the colors in the stone. (Yeah I know it''s a vedor''s photo that''s been photoshopped into her setting) Of course you''ll know what you want when you get the actual stone together with the different colored metals.

Please share photos once you get the stone.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Barry is really a nice guy! I''ve grown to love his stone cutting so much. Congrats on the stone you just purchased. It is very nice!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful stones! I have to admit I am glad he is no longer doing a drop..........I can never seem to be able to buy his stones otherwise as they get scarfed up too quickly!

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 10:37:42 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Just beautiful stones! I have to admit I am glad he is no longer doing a drop..........I can never seem to be able to buy his stones otherwise as they get scarfed up too quickly!

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who was thinking that! Although, that does give more opportunities to do more buying...which may, or may not, be a good thing!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sad for no more drop. I looked forward to that. I wonder if he will send out an email stating such?

I do wish he would change his site so when you are looking at the thumbnails of the stone that it would say SOLD right there if they are sold. It''s so frustrating to keep clicking on sold items!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I contacted Barry, and he said he would explain in an open letter how the new drops would work.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 9:42:47 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I contacted Barry, and he said he would explain in an open letter how the new drops would work.
Thanks TL! I''d swear that he''s gotten new/different stones up in the past few days. I''m very sure that tsavorite and a few tourmalines are new among a few others.

Barry is a top notch guy. I love his cutting style and his photos and descriptions are always 100% accurate from what I''ve seen. When he''s not educating me he''s got me laughing my butt off.
9.gif
Not only that his prices are great.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Nice purchase D.T.
30.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 9:57:19 AM
Author: brandy_z28

Barry is a top notch guy. I love his cutting style and his photos and descriptions are always 100% accurate from what I''ve seen. When he''s not educating me he''s got me laughing my butt off.
9.gif
Not only that his prices are great.
Ditto, Barry is a funny one.

D&T, I''m glad you got in touch with Barry and can''t wait to see your gem!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results