shape
carat
color
clarity

My Completed A-Ring Project and Experience with Quest

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/22/2004 9:27:05 AM VAgal13 wrote:

Your kind words about your wife are truly awh inspiring.
-Sarah
1.gif
----------------

I thought the same thing. Warmed my heart.

Congrats on your first decade together! We are into our second decade. It only gets better!

Beautiful diamonds. Beautiful, classy ring! Curious, will this be a surprise?

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 4/24/2004 5:26:18 PM fire&ice wrote:

Curious, will this be a surprise?

----------------
Well, sort of. The idea of a new diamond ring was totally a surprise. I just said to her one day that I wanted her to have something nice. It was out of the blue. I suggested a few possibilities, an upgraded e-ring, a 3 stone ring with equal size stones or a 3 stone with a larger center. After visiting a few stores, she chose the ring style that you see. Ironically, it's was the most budget friendly option!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Hey. I found this ring in the eye-candy folder, and I KNOW this is a really old thread.. but.. I was suprised I had never seen it before.. as it looks almost IDENTICAL to my e-ring (except mine is half the size diamond wise). My setting is an A. Jaffe. Never really considered having it custom made.. prolly could have saved some $$.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2004 10:59
6.gif
9 AM
Author: MelissaSue
Hey. I found this ring in the eye-candy folder, and I KNOW this is a really old thread.. but.. I was suprised I had never seen it before.. as it looks almost IDENTICAL to my e-ring (except mine is half the size diamond wise). My setting is an A. Jaffe. Never really considered having it custom made.. prolly could have saved some $$.

Melissa,

I would only recommend custom to get EXACTLY what you want, not to save money. Saving is a nice bonus. This was my first custom purchase, I originally planned to buy a stock piece, but soon learned that nothing was perfect. Many wanted to supply side diamonds and limited my choice to the size of them. I wanted the stone ratio of my chosing, not theirs. I also wanted tweaks which I could not get.

This ring is similar to Jaffe designs with some elements of other trellis and truffle designs. Some changes we made were 4 prongs on the main stones, not 8 and prongs on the side stones instead of hidden. The shank is wider at the bottom than a Vatche. The most important thing was the height of the side stones. We wanted them higher so the stones seemed like a arc.

Finding a good custom jeweller is also a challenge, ask diamondlil. The first one these guys made, I was not happy with. They offered to remake it without me even asking. Since this is a hand worked piece (not cast) they doubled their labor time. I,m totally happy with the second result.

I guess this is long winded way of saying, buying stock is safer, but custom you get exactly what you want. I wouldn''t recommend it as a way to save money though.

amateur

Rough_Rock
I am also a v. happy customer Quest and would pretty much echo everything noobie has said- custom actually ended up being v. reasonable, but what really made it special was the experience working with the jewelers and getting exactly what we wanted. That is the real value of custom work. The fact that it was v. reasonably priced was a bonus.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
That ring is so beautiful. It really took my breath away.

reena

Ideal_Rock
it''s stunning noobie.
30.gif
truly.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2004 53:14 PM
Author: noobie
Finding a good custom jeweller is also a challenge, ask diamondlil.
-----------------------------------------

Yes, Noobie, challenging and sometimes more emotionally stressful than people realize. I''m putting the entire mess behind me (as soon as I get my money back), and hope to start over with Quest sometime soon. My hope is that the outcome will leave me giggling about my first attempts at custom rather than crying.
39.gif

DiamondLil

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! Absolutely breathtaking!

Actually, last week I was looking for a picture of a fabulous ring just like that beauty to show my hubby but couldn''t find one....
8.gif
I guess I''m a week late and a dollar short!!! Lord only knows WHAT he''ll come up with now! (hehehe)

I know this is an older thread but what a fabulous, fabulous ring! You have excellent taste!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results