shape
carat
color
clarity

My Chameleon Aquamarine Finally Arrived!!!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's here! I'm so excited I can barely speak. Opening the box was difficult because my hands were shaking. Is is silly to feel this way about a ring? PS is the only place where I can admit that I am thoroughly and totally obsessed with a piece of jewelry.

Brief Backstory:

I bought this stone in Tuscon at John Dyer's booth at the gem show and within the week sent it to David Klass. No drawings, no emails, no quote, no nothing. The poor man barely knows who I am. I was afraid I would get wrapped up in indecision and never set it. Two or three emails and about 5 weeks later it's ready. I paid that PayPal invoice so fast the keys were smoking.

Back to the Present:

I'm running around the yard ripping up the new spring flowers for a photo shoot (I have two guests in town and they are sure I have gone insane.:lol:) Is it blue or is it green? I can't decide. Must take more pics. How many will PS let me post? Don't know so I take 40 more. Just in case...

DK's work is incredible...

20180410_162658.jpg 20180412_121925.jpg 20180410_164948.jpg 20180412_123618.jpg

These closeups make the stone look crystal sharp but that's not the way it really is. My hand is rarely still and the stone floats with little waves. Sometimes it's a vivid blue and sometimes it's a soft pale green. It really is hypnotic. Below is the obligatory hand shot that I'd really rather delete, a closeup of the cool little logo inscribed on the end of the stone and some showing the amazing clarity.

20180410_164148.jpg 20180412_170728.jpg 20180410_164445.jpg 20180410_162821.jpg 20180410_162710.jpg

I think I have reached pic overload...:eek-2: To those who are still with me thanks for looking and I hope you like it.:dance:

Edit: I used my Samsung S7 and what I took is what you see. I don't know how to do all of that fancy editing...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOH I saw this ring on IG!!! I was hoping someone on PS was the owner.. it IS BEAUTIFUL!!! love it.. happy you and happy me for being able to see such a beautiful stone and ring!!!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Magnificent!!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG it is gorgeous! Truly a work of art! The stone, your ring, EVERYTHING about it! So special!

More handshots please!!!!! It looks amazing on your hand!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Everything about it is stunning! It looks great on your hand too. I did not know that aquamarine could change color in different lighting. You have a fabulous piece there!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have chosen the perfect setting for your gorgeous stone. I loooooove the detailing of the setting. My fabourite pic is you wearing the ring: it looks stunning on you. Enjoy wearing your beauty!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Your ring is incredible & gorgeous! I love everything about it, especially how the side profile looks with the waves and the aqua’s blue in the background. Just stunning! Congratulations! :appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at all the love here for you new aqua ring. I'm going to join in and say it looks spectacular! :love:

I love all the little details on your ring. The wavy basket design. The diamond cuff. The diamond basket and of course the wavy cutting on the aqua itself. It all blends together so seamlessly and it just a knockout! :kiss2:

Love the flower pics btw. They turned out great. I'm going to copy everyone else and say that your hand shot is gorgeous. I had to work really hard to drag my eyes away from the ring but when I finally did, all I noticed was a very nice manicure. :dance:

S

SparkliesLuver

What an awesome stone and ring! I really love seeing JD's fancy cuts "out in the wild." You did it justice, that's for sure. Wear it in good health!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD:kiss2:

Love!
It’s aqualicious:love::love::love:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh. Really nice. Like a piece of ocean on your hand. The setting really complements the unusual cut.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Two or three emails and about 5 weeks later it's ready.

Well they were two or three highly efficient emails then! Seriously, the setting is lovely and suits your stone so well - the watery, wavy basket is so unusual. Congrats!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Woohoo! I feel your joy! Congrats on a lovely work of art!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A stunning, new, sure to be iconic PS colored stone ring has entered the forum! Beautiful and congrats on a job well done! :appl:

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
"WORLD CLASS" stamp of approval...............absolutely gorgeous!!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color of that stone! Really beautiful ring.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful :love:. I love how artistic the stone and setting are and that you created a one of a kind piece.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OOOH I saw this ring on IG!!! I was hoping someone on PS was the owner.. it IS BEAUTIFUL!!! love it.. happy you and happy me for being able to see such a beautiful stone and ring!!!

Thanks @Tekate! I saw the video before I got the ring and my jew dropped when I saw it. LOL

Magnificent!!!!

@Cockatiel Thank you! I'm so glad you like it.

OMG it is gorgeous! Truly a work of art! The stone, your ring, EVERYTHING about it! So special!

More handshots please!!!!! It looks amazing on your hand!

@mellowyellowgirl!! I had so much trouble capturing the green. I hoped you would like it. Handshots? They are coming. I'll reply in a sec and you'll see some crooked fingers!! Yuck!!

Everything about it is stunning! It looks great on your hand too. I did not know that aquamarine could change color in different lighting. You have a fabulous piece there!

@chatoyancy Something happened when he set it. It didn't do the color change here at home. I'm not complaining! It's so interesting.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have chosen the perfect setting for your gorgeous stone. I loooooove the detailing of the setting. My fabourite pic is you wearing the ring: it looks stunning on you. Enjoy wearing your beauty!

@Acinom Thanks so much. It's soooo hard to post handshots! I have to tell myself that I earned every wrinkle...

:love: Your ring is incredible & gorgeous! I love everything about it, especially how the side profile looks with the waves and the aqua’s blue in the background. Just stunning! Congratulations! :appl:
Thank you! I'm still in awe that it's mine.

Look at all the love here for you new aqua ring. I'm going to join in and say it looks spectacular! :love:

I love all the little details on your ring. The wavy basket design. The diamond cuff. The diamond basket and of course the wavy cutting on the aqua itself. It all blends together so seamlessly and it just a knockout! :kiss2:

Love the flower pics btw. They turned out great. I'm going to copy everyone else and say that your hand shot is gorgeous. I had to work really hard to drag my eyes away from the ring but when I finally did, all I noticed was a very nice manicure. :dance:

@elle_71125 You are so sweet. You didn't notice the smooth skin? The long straight fingers???

What an awesome stone and ring! I really love seeing JD's fancy cuts "out in the wild." You did it justice, that's for sure. Wear it in good health!

@SparkliesLuver Thanks so much. I knew you were another JD fan. His stones are amazing and even better in person.

THUD:kiss2:

Love!
It’s aqualicious:love::love::love:

@missy MISSY!!! I was hoping for a licious!! any licious!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks so refreshing and perfect for a sunny day or even in winter in the snow. Icy cool.

It's 41 degree Celsius 105 degree farenheit where I am now. You've inspired me to think about setting my aquamarine though it's nowhere near as stunning as yours.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oooh. Really nice. Like a piece of ocean on your hand. The setting really complements the unusual cut.

@partgypsy Thank you. The ocean was my first thought when I saw the stone.

Well they were two or three highly efficient emails then! Seriously, the setting is lovely and suits your stone so well - the watery, wavy basket is so unusual. Congrats!

@lissyflo It's funny how that happened. I can't take any credit for it either. The first drawing had curliques (sp?) on the basket and I wasn't enamored at all. But I didn't know how to express what I wanted so I replied and asked for "squiggles"...and "squiggles" I got. Lol. Maybe I should name the ring Squiggles.

Woohoo! I feel your joy! Congrats on a lovely work of art!

@Burmesedaze Thank you. I am so pleased that you like it. Really.

A stunning, new, sure to be iconic PS colored stone ring has entered the forum! Beautiful and congrats on a job well done! :appl:

@LisaRN Wow! I'm speechless!

"WORLD CLASS" stamp of approval...............absolutely gorgeous!!

@digdeep Thanks. I still can't believe it.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Tekate! I saw the video before I got the ring and my jew dropped when I saw it. LOL

@Cockatiel Thank you! I'm so glad you like it.

@mellowyellowgirl!! I had so much trouble capturing the green. I hoped you would like it. Handshots? They are coming. I'll reply in a sec and you'll see some crooked fingers!! Yuck!!

@chatoyancy Something happened when he set it. It didn't do the color change here at home. I'm not complaining! It's so interesting.
It is interesting. Enjoy!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is so pretty. I love it!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had to post and run this morning bc of work. Came back to admire it! I love this shade of aquamarine, it's the exact hue that I love in aquamarines! And the cutting! I love John Dyer's cutting and hope to buy something from him in the future :kiss2:. And good call on using 18k yellow gold.:appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful setting and complete ring! It's just such a lovely combination.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Between the cut and the setting, oh my! :love:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha :lol: your guests :confused: they probably do think you're inasne!! "Make yourself comfortable, I just gotta do a quick photo shoot here." (Three hours later...) "just a couple more pics before the light changes"

The stone is amazing and that setting!!:cry2::kiss2:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You ladies are so kind. Thank you again @Cockatiel, and @derbygal and @bright ice and @Ariadne_Theia. If I've missed anyone I'm sorry!!

Guys! It wasn't me!! I don't have an artistic bone in my body, never have, never will. All of the work was done by David Klass and his team. They even named the ring "Waves". All I did was tell him the elements I liked, what the stone reminded me of, and he rolled with it...

What's the thing with hand shots? Most of you have requested them and I don't see the appeal. Wouldn't you rather see a pretty flower over my crooked arthritic hands? Nevertheless, I shall reluctantly bend to the will of the people...

20180413_124404 (1).jpg

The next one is for my jade girls. You know who you are. Because of you, I bought a cheap jade bracelet to see if I would like it...

20180413_154114.jpg

Last one...It's an ad for the arthritis foundation...lol

20180410_161042.jpg

Thanks again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results