shape
carat
color
clarity

My Chameleon Aquamarine Finally Arrived!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ladies are so kind. Thank you again @Cockatiel, and @derbygal and @bright ice and @Ariadne_Theia. If I've missed anyone I'm sorry!!

Guys! It wasn't me!! I don't have an artistic bone in my body, never have, never will. All of the work was done by David Klass and his team. They even named the ring "Waves". All I did was tell him the elements I liked, what the stone reminded me of, and he rolled with it...

What's the thing with hand shots? Most of you have requested them and I don't see the appeal. Wouldn't you rather see a pretty flower over my crooked arthritic hands? Nevertheless, I shall reluctantly bend to the will of the people...

20180413_124404 (1).jpg

The next one is for my jade girls. You know who you are. Because of you, I bought a cheap jade bracelet to see if I would like it...

20180413_154114.jpg

Last one...It's an ad for the arthritis foundation...lol

20180410_161042.jpg

Thanks again.

You’re too hard on yourself. You have lovely hands and your aqua looks amazing on you. That last pic is one of my favorites...the aqua looks delicious! :mrgreen2:

On another subject. Why didn’t you tell me you had this awesome pool? I’ll be over tomorrow. We’ll have drinks and cookies (I love cookies). :lol-2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg @suzanne2 that ring looks stunning on you. I don't know what I'm mesmerized by more, the stone or ring design. Such an amazing piece.

And the jade bracelet is perfect with it!!!! I'm screaming!!!! The combo looks fabulous!!!!! Do you like it?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, what a cool looking stone!!!!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@suzanne2 Your ring looks beautiful on you and your skin tone! It's also the perfect size. Enjoy every minute with it, and try not to let it distract you too much!

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just another person saying how much I love your ring. It’s so unique and beautiful! Enjoy wearing it! ::)

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks so refreshing and perfect for a sunny day or even in winter in the snow. Icy cool.

It's 41 degree Celsius 105 degree farenheit where I am now. You've inspired me to think about setting my aquamarine though it's nowhere near as stunning as yours.

@Burmesedaze You need to set your Aquamarine!! You get those cool settings for almost nothing. 105F is awful! With the humidity added in I imagine it feels like 120F. Go get a beer.

Haha :lol: your guests :confused: they probably do think you're inasne!! "Make yourself comfortable, I just gotta do a quick photo shoot here." (Three hours later...) "just a couple more pics before the light changes"

The stone is amazing and that setting!!:cry2::kiss2:

@ringo865 That's EXACTLY what happened! Luckily one of my friends used to do photography for a living, and she jumped right in. Having her help allowed me take pictures for hours without feeling guilty.

Congrats, what a cool looking stone!!!!

Coming from you that's praise indeed. Thank you.

@suzanne2 Your ring looks beautiful on you and your skin tone! It's also the perfect size. Enjoy every minute with it, and try not to let it distract you too much!

Driving is very difficult! Each time I turn the wheel there it is! Also, thank you for posting the link to DK's instagram. I didn't know how.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just another person saying how much I love your ring. It’s so unique and beautiful! Enjoy wearing it! ::)

"Just another person" is almost surreal. So many people have responded and each one gives me a glow of happiness. So you are not "just another person". Thank you very much!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omg @suzanne2 that ring looks stunning on you. I don't know what I'm mesmerized by more, the stone or ring design. Such an amazing piece.

And the jade bracelet is perfect with it!!!! I'm screaming!!!! The combo looks fabulous!!!!! Do you like it?

All of your energy makes me want to go take a nap :) I love it when you are screaming!
Yes, I really like the bracelet. It's odd, none of my friends like it at all. It feels smooth and cool on my wrist and I'm wearing it all day everyday. It could be because it compliments the aqua but nah, I like it all by itself too...
Hey, I love your new necklace!!

Heidi2101

Rough_Rock
Premium
Wow. Just wow!

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your ring and stone are absolutely AMAZING! So gorgeous! I'm in awe, but even better, so are YOU!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O.M.G.
That is stunning. Just. Stunning.
I am a February baby, who has always wished Mom had hung on until March . I love aquamarine, gorgeous!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring and stone are absolutely AMAZING! So gorgeous! I'm in awe, but even better, so are YOU!

@woweezowee So sorry for the late reply. I had guests in and they were a handful. Thanks for your nice reply and you are right. I'm in awe. Growing up I was very much a tomboy and as an adult I didn't usually dream about owning beautiful jewelry. This just sort of fell in my lap. :eek2: Mind you, I'm not complaining...

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
O.M.G.
That is stunning. Just. Stunning.
I am a February baby, who has always wished Mom had hung on until March . I love aquamarine, gorgeous!

@KaeKae It's funny, I've never really had a penchant for aquamarine and usually gravitated to the more intense colored stones. That all changed when I saw this one. Thanks for you lovely reply. The love I'm getting for this ring is amazing. Everyone has been so kind.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just so you know, you can NEVER post too many pictures....:mrgreen2:

That is one gorgeous ring. Wow.... and it compliments your stone so well. Love it!:love::love:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian I laughed at your reply! I had just uploaded more pictures and didn't post because maybe that was overkilll? Now that I have your gracious permission, lookout!
Pictures incoming!!:appl:

20180413_154114.jpg 20180413_154043.jpg 20180412_124126.jpg 20180412_121121.jpg 20180412_122029.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this ring!!! Omg it's like having your own personal pool to gaze at all the time. Thank you for the handshots, this stone looks fabulous on your hand and the setting is perfect!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can never have too many pictures! Such a fabulous ring!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely perfect! I love everything about it.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this ring!!! Omg it's like having your own personal pool to gaze at all the time. Thank you for the handshots, this stone looks fabulous on your hand and the setting is perfect!

Thank you @junebug17!! It is a terrible distraction. The movement in the stone is remarkable and even after a week I wake up and put it on first thing. This MIGHT be an obsession...;-)

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can never have too many pictures! Such a fabulous ring!

Hi @alene, thanks so much. The pictures I've posted are only a tiny fraction of what I've taken. How embarrassing. :oops:

Last edited:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely perfect! I love everything about it.

@aac2013 Thank you. I wish I could take all of the credit, but David Klass and his team did the hard work of interpreting my garbled emails. I, too, am amazed at the result.:D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian I laughed at your reply! I had just uploaded more pictures and didn't post because maybe that was overkilll? Now that I have your gracious permission, lookout!
Pictures incoming!!:appl:

20180413_154114.jpg 20180413_154043.jpg 20180412_124126.jpg 20180412_121121.jpg 20180412_122029.jpg

Thank you for the additional pics...Looks amazing on your hand! Just perfect.:love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. The stone looks like a beautiful pool of shimmering water. I'm so glad you got double prongs and an extra deep basket to securely hold that high crown.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@suzanne2, your ring is gorgeous!!! David Klass definitely nailed it. What a wonderful and perfect design! I think your handshots are lovely and I love the pool and flowers in the background. Wow, enjoy that beauty. It is really a treasure!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
This is gorgeous!!!

Muhammad_Ali

Rough_Rock
Everything about it is stunning! It looks great on your hand too. I did not know that aquamarine could change color in different lighting. You have a fabulous piece there!

I, too, am surprised and intrigued by beryl's pleochroism. Never heard of a color shifting emerald or aqua before!:appl::appl::dance:

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
that is one sharp looking stone! I am impressed. Good choice!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. The stone looks like a beautiful pool of shimmering water. I'm so glad you got double prongs and an extra deep basket to securely hold that high crown.

Thanks @T L. The setting took some extra time because David said he had to use a "special machine" to measure the aqua. It has an unusual cut on the bottom. 20180207_155730.jpg

Dyer really cuts into the material. Who cares about weight?? He wants something different!!

@suzanne2, your ring is gorgeous!!! David Klass definitely nailed it. What a wonderful and perfect design! I think your handshots are lovely and I love the pool and flowers in the background. Wow, enjoy that beauty. It is really a treasure!

Thank you @luv2sparkle, you are so kind. It's the generosity of people like you that make this forum such a welcoming place. When I wear my jewelry in the real world I don't get this outpouring of praise, just "Oh, that's nice", and I think to myself "PS likes it! A lot!!" So there!!!:lol:

This is gorgeous!!!

Thank you @lorrissey. I'm so pleased with DK and his magical design!!:lickout:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I, too, am surprised and intrigued by beryl's pleochroism. Never heard of a color shifting emerald or aqua before!:appl::appl::dance:

Before I sent the stone to DK I took loads of pictures in all different lighting. All were the pale watery green color. It was midday when I started the completed ring photo shoot and for the first couple of hours (yes, HOURS! I'm a good pricescoper:geek2:) it was the gorgeous bright blue. Later on in the day I finally had the lighting to capture the pale green.
I've worn it constantly over the past week and it just depends on the quality of the sunlight. In the shade and indoors it stays green. It may be a bit odd, but so am I...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results