carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@prs

The bracelet showing all 7 green jadeite cabs, as requested :)

Taken in a variety of lighting indoors, daylight, overcast skies.

20210111_143002.jpg

Thank you, those cabs are something else with all that glow! I like how they are graduated with the smallest near the clasp.

I also really like the design you have between those gorgeous cabs. Are they twigs with diamond leaves? Very, very feminine and definitely took some imagination and inventive design skills. :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you, those cabs are something else with all that glow! I like how they are graduated with the smallest near the clasp.

I also really like the design you have between those gorgeous cabs. Are they twigs with diamond leaves? Very, very feminine and definitely took some imagination and inventive design skills. :)

Thank you, the connectors were designed with coral reefs in mind. I really miss scuba diving, thanks to Covid. Thought they would be a nice touch to combine 2 of my loves.

Twigs with diamond leaves work too!

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
The grays and vivid colors are equally gorgeous. I love how you have a diverse jewelry wardrobe to match your moods!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is a Chinese New Year present for myself, a pair of reddish pinkish lavender jadeite ruyi set in 18k rose gold with micro diamond melee.

They are fat, thick, luscious and not dry, though not icy. Very, very chuffed with them. A friend calls them purple taro buns.

20210129_001416.jpg

Attachments

• 20210125_155002.jpg
    20210125_155002.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 24

Bunnie

Rough_Rock
This is a Chinese New Year present for myself, a pair of reddish pinkish lavender jadeite ruyi set in 18k rose gold with micro diamond melee.

They are fat, thick, luscious and not dry, though not icy. Very, very chuffed with them. A friend calls them purple taro buns.

20210129_001416.jpg

These are gorgeous @Burmesedaze! Your friend is too funny, they do look a little like yam buns... yum :lickout:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What I do while on a work telcon while working from home...admire my new sapphire ring. With inclusions, flaws and all.

20210129_143730.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A more intense green jadeite cabochon I acquired a couple of months back.

While I have managed to score a few green jadeite cabochons over the years, I never had one in this intense shade. A whole lot smaller than the rest at 10.3mm longest end, though I love the richness and vibrancy of it. Anything substantially bigger or even more translucent, will bump up the price mucho dinero.

It is closest to the ruyi ring in terms of intensity, since the greens become funky when I take a group shot, with the unset piece looking a lot lighter in the photo.

Will have to think about the setting design for this for a while :)

20210223_133353.jpg 20210223_133353.jpg 20210223_133827.jpg 20210223_133844.jpg 20210223_133900.jpg 20210223_133959.jpg 20210223_133507.jpg 20210223_133228.jpg 20210223_133551.jpg

AJadecent Angle

Rough_Rock
Icy round and circular jadeite pieces worn to work today :)

20210112_124136.jpg

Your collection honestly outshines my own humble collection and I’ll admit those are making me drool.
I do have a question though, is it normal for natural jades to have frequent pitting? Especially 璧 pendants I’ve seen alot of pitting (and not the orange peel effects) which has me abit worried. Thanks in advance!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your collection honestly outshines my own humble collection and I’ll admit those are making me drool.
I do have a question though, is it normal for natural jades to have frequent pitting? Especially 璧 pendants I’ve seen alot of pitting (and not the orange peel effects) which has me abit worried. Thanks in advance!

Thank you :)

Would you photos to show these pits for me to refer to please?

AJadecent Angle

Rough_Rock
I love your PS handle, BTW. Great pun! :)

Thanks! :lol-2: Here are the 璧 pendants I mentioned have pitting, they don’t seem a whole lot like acid etching and they don’t glow under UV light.
I tried my best to take it under lighting but it happened to be gloomy today so indoor has to do.
Moss-in-Snow pendant: 49-50mm x 4mm(?) estimated guess
Light Green and Light Lavender (Spring Color) pendant: 51-53mm x 2.5-3mm(?) estimated guess
I've heard someone in the Specific Gravity of B Jade thread did say that thinly carved jade are rarely treated due to fragility and I'm not sure if my 2 pendants even can be thin enough to not be treated.
04AB91FC-B595-4504-8886-476C0CB2F5F0.jpeg
D1F9B858-99F8-40E5-8CB3-2B0D73515BF3.jpeg
423AE04B-FCAB-404D-881A-159F28D0AFE9.jpeg
Here’s a side view of the 2:
C8E67F4E-140F-41B1-8EAB-CF8BC155750B.jpeg
ECC0827A-F638-4C4A-88C7-2F202B2A49CD.jpeg
D6A0C8D3-9FF9-4BB8-B450-D76F3258520D.jpeg

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks! :lol-2: Here are the 璧 pendants I mentioned have pitting, they don’t seem a whole lot like acid etching and they don’t glow under UV light.
I tried my best to take it under lighting but it happened to be gloomy today so indoor has to do.
Moss-in-Snow pendant: 49-50mm x 4mm(?) estimated guess
Light Green and Light Lavender (Spring Color) pendant: 51-53mm x 2.5-3mm(?) estimated guess
I've heard someone in the Specific Gravity of B Jade thread did say that thinly carved jade are rarely treated due to fragility and I'm not sure if my 2 pendants even can be thin enough to not be treated.
04AB91FC-B595-4504-8886-476C0CB2F5F0.jpeg
D1F9B858-99F8-40E5-8CB3-2B0D73515BF3.jpeg
423AE04B-FCAB-404D-881A-159F28D0AFE9.jpeg
Here’s a side view of the 2:
C8E67F4E-140F-41B1-8EAB-CF8BC155750B.jpeg
ECC0827A-F638-4C4A-88C7-2F202B2A49CD.jpeg
D6A0C8D3-9FF9-4BB8-B450-D76F3258520D.jpeg

Ahh, ok I get it now.

Firstly, the 2 large donuts you have, from visual sight through these photos, look untreated to me. Given the size, proportions and nature of their carving, these are typically the centre of bangles, then further sliced into thinner pieces and sold to maximise profit.

Both discs are considered glutinous, rather than icy, owing to the larger/coarser grain structure. 糯种,not 冰种. You would also be aware that waxing and buffing with polishing powder (uncoloured is ok, those with colorants, no) is an accepted last step in processing carved and cut A jade items, to provide the lustre and shine.

Given the coarser and larger grain aggregate, there would be these pockets in the structure that waxing and polishing/buffing will not be able to cover smoothly to give a uniform surface. So these are inherent characteristics of the jadeite material, rather than flaws. Pretty evident in utility jadeite too.

I wouldn't worry too much about them and they do not affect the integrity and wearability of the jadeite pieces.

The icy, more translucent pieces will have finer crystal aggregate and fewer of these "pits", if any, in certain portions.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@Burmesedaze curious if you have a favorite shade of green for the jadeite in your extensive collection? If you can share pics even better =)2

AJadecent Angle

Rough_Rock
Ahh, ok I get it now.

Firstly, the 2 large donuts you have, from visual sight through these photos, look untreated to me. Given the size, proportions and nature of their carving, these are typically the centre of bangles, then further sliced into thinner pieces and sold to maximise profit.

Both discs are considered glutinous, rather than icy, owing to the larger/coarser grain structure. 糯种,not 冰种. You would also be aware that waxing and buffing with polishing powder (uncoloured is ok, those with colorants, no) is an accepted last step in processing carved and cut A jade items, to provide the lustre and shine.

Given the coarser and larger grain aggregate, there would be these pockets in the structure that waxing and polishing/buffing will not be able to cover smoothly to give a uniform surface. So these are inherent characteristics of the jadeite material, rather than flaws. Pretty evident in utility jadeite too.

I wouldn't worry too much about them and they do not affect the integrity and wearability of the jadeite pieces.

The icy, more translucent pieces will have finer crystal aggregate and fewer of these "pits", if any, in certain portions.

Thank you so much for your info! This does give me a sense relief since I've done some specific gravity tests as well with the lavender one being 3.34, and the moss-in-snow one clocking at 3.26-3.29 which is to be expected since I've had a feeling it could've been jadeite-albite.

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze curious if you have a favorite shade of green for the jadeite in your extensive collection? If you can share pics even better =)2

Haha actually I don't have. I'm rather promiscuous about colours when it comes to jade, gems and pearls :razz:

But I know I don't fancy petrol green jade 油青. Just something about it that doesn't speak to me.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much for your info! This does give me a sense relief since I've done some specific gravity tests as well with the lavender one being 3.34, and the moss-in-snow one clocking at 3.26-3.29 which is to expected since I've had a feeling it could've been jadeite-albite.

Could be more albite content within, but still considered and would be graded A jadeite. A lot of lower commercial / utility jadeite have a melange of floating colours :)

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Couldn't resist sourcing and having a jadeite tennis bracelet set for myself too, after @Seaglow had one made!

20210203_144752.jpg
This is gorgeous, would love to know where this is from if you don’t mind sharing?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Haha actually I don't have. I'm rather promiscuous about colours when it comes to jade, gems and pearls :razz:

But I know I don't fancy petrol green jade 油青. Just something about it that doesn't speak to me.

Lol I think I share that sentiment re: colors.

Had to look up what petrol green is and can understand why you don’t care for it when the google results came up. Still finding all the Chinese names for the jadeite colors confusing.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lol I think I share that sentiment re: colors.

Had to look up what petrol green is and can understand why you don’t care for it when the google results came up. Still finding all the Chinese names for the jadeite colors confusing.

Think end of day, throw these names out. Just get what you think you fancy at that point in time and wish to add to your collection :)

Nomenclature serves to bump up selling price!

Haven't been able to find large round blue bangles. Honestly, the better colours and quality, mostly reserved for dainty sizes :( and many ovals.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is gorgeous, would love to know where this is from if you don’t mind sharing?

Hi @DiamondLizzy,

They are not off the shelf. I got the cabs custom cut from a seller that has some rough, size, colour and quality not guaranteed as coloured jadeite, even from the same boulder, may vary in colour. She's currently on maternity leave though. But she did say before going on leave that she only has under 3mm left. Those my size can't be done from the remaining material she has. Usually, these more translucent jadeite pieces are cut from water tracks in the boulder and are fairly limited and usually thin.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I know the names don’t really matter but I want to learn... it’s like there’s a whole different language for jade and I feel like if I learn that language it’s easier to understand the mystery. Like water, type, etc... plus I feel better if I can identify the color myself instead of relying on the seller to tell me. Does that make sense?

Clearly it doesn’t help that I was a terrible student for Chinese so reading all the online articles from China gives me a headache lol. So learning progress is very slow.

AJadecent Angle

Rough_Rock
I know the names don’t really matter but I want to learn... it’s like there’s a whole different language for jade and I feel like if I learn that language it’s easier to understand the mystery. Like water, type, etc... plus I feel better if I can identify the color myself instead of relying on the seller to tell me. Does that make sense?

Clearly it doesn’t help that I was a terrible student for Chinese so reading all the online articles from China gives me a headache lol. So learning progress is very slow.

I feel you there, I never took Chinese lessons which hindered my ability to speak Chinese even when I'm an Asian American (ironic I know :lol-2: ) so I had to rely on alot of videos and a translator to help me find videos explaining jade terms and the types of color combos jade comes in.
I do have a video saved that will help you in understanding the jade colors.
Video Link.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results