Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
2020 is a really strange year for many. To put it mildly.

For me, I left Myanmar and am now back in our HQ, in a department that is predominantly male. Mostly with engineering backgrounds at that (no, not me lol).

I've also seemed to turn into a resident gem & jadeite hunter cum designer for them when they are sourcing gifts for their girlfriends and fiancee! Saving them oodles from the retail B&M they usually get from.

Here is a pair of Ceylon round lighter electric royal blue sapphires, heated, 1.07ct. Sourced by my PS buddy ;-)

To be set into sapphire studs with 3 pointer diamond melee.

20200714_005405.jpg
Have you recovered from the culture shock? I always feel like HQ to Field is the worst jump.

But what fun shopping for beautiful things for other people.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you recovered from the culture shock? I always feel like HQ to Field is the worst jump.

But what fun shopping for beautiful things for other people.
Thanks for checking in :) trying to cope with the COVID Flood instead! It's a cray cray year.

Plenty of online retail therapy though.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tried on this new jadeite 20201017_111708.jpg bangle from my latest shopping haul.

Icy, graduated shades of blue, green-blue, light yellow, with a feel of what my Burmese friend describes as candle texture. Very smooth, very molten, soulful, if that could be used.

I also have an icy green bangle with white base in this lot, but gravitate towards these soothing, calming shades that change colour from day to night.

20201017_111533.jpg 20201017_111537.jpg 20201017_111659.jpg

Ionysis

Shiny_Rock
Oh how lovely! What a great idea I would never have thought of that. This is why I need to find a good designer to partner with. I’m a magpie with collecting rare stones but don’t have the imagination to do them justice in settings.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how lovely! What a great idea I would never have thought of that. This is why I need to find a good designer to partner with. I’m a magpie with collecting rare stones but don’t have the imagination to do them justice in settings.
I have a stack of various jadeite and gemstones unset, because the inspiration hasn't struck, or else I just don't know or can't decide how to set them :) I believe in fate and the right time will come, when that happens or when I see something that triggers the urge to set a particular stone.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Another project just completed at the setter's. Star flower diamond halo.

Terribly difficult to find good green jadeite cabs above 10mm this year. So this should be my last for some time.

20201113_203925.jpg
You have such great taste. Where did the settings for the cabs come from?

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Three Yays for Cartier
    Three Yays for Cartier

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.