shape
carat
color
clarity

My Burma Myanmar gemstones :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you're going to get them as a pair, they're not well matched. Do you like the round or the oval better? Maybe you can just get one :wacko:

The cutter is selling as a lot :) I suppose 1 can be a pendant and the other a ring?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are lovely, deep red star rubies. That round one would be great as a ring, and the other a pendant, or you can save them to build up a layout of various colors, or 2 colors like red and white, red and purple , etc. Somehow the multicolored together look really good with stars.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FFFD0D6B-DBC2-4B09-A623-4CE9479563C1.jpeg 9A74493A-2542-4093-A0C2-AC91EC44EC59.jpeg
There’s so much that you can do with those. Just for fun, these settings are so interesting, by the Munich brand Hemmerle....

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6E39B9C1-C597-4C7B-9AE6-9FD3E6407EAE.jpeg
Yes! Given the subtle color, smaller hole and delicacy of the texture, I love those simple diamond ones from allaboutjade, example 1. I just love this shape. I’ve been really noting ones with interesting color combinations recently, like these antique Cartier ones... the possibilities are endless with these.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not getting them in the end. Am holding out for a larger one more apt for size 9 fingers :)
Good idea! I am all for you saving to get one with the right size for your finger. I’m guessing it will be forever until I can do the same with a red or lavender star since small gems hardly show up on me. Kind of a bummer.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good idea! I am all for you saving to get one with the right size for your finger. I’m guessing it will be forever until I can do the same with a red or lavender star since small gems hardly show up on me. Kind of a bummer.

It's a Catch 22 because they get pricier every year!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a Catch 22 because they get pricier every year!
I know, that DOES add pressure, but I tend to wonder if one might wish for more if one got a too small for finger stone. One way out of this of course is stackers because one could build up enough finger coverage. Can you imagine a stacked set with just different shades of star rubies? :razz:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I know, that DOES add pressure, but I tend to wonder if one might wish for more if one got a too small for finger stone. One way out of this of course is stackers because one could build up enough finger coverage. Can you imagine a stacked set with just different shades of star rubies? :razz:

Every time someone mentions stacks or bracelets I feel like I should have asked about the star sapphire lots I saw at the recent fair argh...

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I feel that each star sapphire or ruby is so unique, it's hard to do justice in stacker form. Unless it's a unique design to that :)

I lack finger real estate so stackers are out for me to begin with.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my, this large Mogok pink sapphire honker was shown by a trader today. Over 10cts. He claimed to have paid over us40k for it.

However, it has hugeass fractures. Which is a pity. Because this is the best pink sapphire and cut I've seen locally! No heat no treatment.

20180809_140602.jpg 20180809_140607.jpg 20180809_140651.jpg 20180809_140644.jpg 20180809_140646.jpg 20180809_140614.jpg 20180809_140632.jpg

ChanterelleJ

Rough_Rock
Premium
That 10 ct pink is tdf indeed, Burmesedaze! :love::love::love: bummer about the fracture. Really the stuff my wildest dreams are made of :eek2:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That 10 ct pink is tdf indeed, Burmesedaze! :love::love::love: bummer about the fracture. Really the stuff my wildest dreams are made of :eek2:

Yes! I'd be happy with just The One.

I thought it was a pink topaz when they first showed it to me!

ChanterelleJ

Rough_Rock
Premium
I would have thought the same. 10 cts+ sapphires is something you don't see every day. I don't at least...I was shown a 10 ct unheated yellow a couple of weeks ago and I was impressed, but a HOT PINK :o:o

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! Hallo you!!!!

I've got a piece of sesame chiffon cake and cup of tea! Ready to look!

The two bags on the floor is that apple green in real life? I want a nice fresh green!

Also on the table, the speckly darkish green and white is beautiful too!

OMG @Burmesedaze is that a massive crack at the bottom of that sapphire?

Haha I thought that was the one you ordered and I was like "Didn't she say hers was a carat and a bit? Why so HUGE!"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results