shape
carat
color
clarity

My Bizarre Diamond help please

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'll be following along! Interested to hear what the independent gemologist says!

I do echo what @TreeScientist said, however, in that you should frame your question in terms of considering a purchase and wanting an independent opinion; this way, the gemologist won't feel obligated to justify or turn you away, but rather can give an unbiased opinion.

Exactly. It's one thing to tell it straightly to someone on the internet when you don't have to see them face to face. But it's another thing entirely to look someone straight in the eye, when they're obviously excited and over-the-moon happy about their recent proposal, and tell them that their recently-acquired treasure is not what they thought it was. No-one likes to be that guy or girl (that is, unless they're a sadistic a**hole).

Don't put that guilt on the gemologist @Bambamsmam. Tell them you're just considering purchasing it. Then they'll feel like they're doing you a favor. :)

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
If you love this stone now I hope you continue to do so even after the visit to the gemologist. Since you cannot return it I hope the experience doesn’t spoil your feelings towards it. At the beginning of the thread it sounded like you excitedly believed you had something incredible and rare. Something potentially much more valuable than what your partner paid for it and you were looking for validation. It sounds as though this is why you remain unconvinced as to the effects of the enhancement on the stones optics.

Don’t get too carried away, ultimately believe whatever you like, but don’t forget that the ring was a symbol of love from your dear partner who tried his best. Be careful with his feelings through this :)

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
@Bambamsmam please do keep us updated!

I understand that us pointing out flaws in the stone can be interpreted negatively. However, no one on this thread ever called your ring unattractive, at least not that I am aware of. No one said it was "bad", rather we are just pointing out important facts about the diamond. Your ring is special in that it represents love and your future, plus you really like it. This is important.

I would like to add that the "fire"in terms of rainbow colours are usually NOT seen INSIDE a diamond. The diamond should reflect these rainbow colours OUTSIDE of the diamond onto the surrounding area surfaces.

Bambamsmam

Rough_Rock
Hi all, jist an update. I drobe over an hour today and spoke with an amazing lady who was just a wealth of knowledge about everythinf diamond related! She confirmed the stone is definitely filled with led glass (im sure thats what she called it!)... she explained the details on the certificate and why it sounds confluconfl on the cut but also said that it definitely should be more clear about the clarity enhancement. She explained about fancy diamond colours etc and said it was a lovely stone just such a shame about the enhancement and also inclusions.. I would never have felt settled without it being confirmed verbally by someone in real life but glad now I have even though it is a shame!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wear it in good health! It’s quite an interesting stone, now comes with interesting story as well. Enjoy!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
@Bambamsmam your fiance intended to buy you something precious and special, and that's how I would value it. I've learned the hard way that one must be discerning and educated to get a good value in the realm of diamonds, as there are MANY charlatans out there that prey on the unsuspecting and uneducated consumer. Please believe that no one on here had the intent to disparage your fiance or your happiness, they were simply trying to protect you and his purchase, regardless of how you may interpret it. I hope you enjoy your engagement and your wedding, and plan on an "upgrade" of your choosing as an anniversary present in the future. In the end, you DO have a unique diamond as no one you know will have anything like it. ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results