shape
carat
color
clarity

My BGD round brilliant beauty!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I know you''ve been waiting very patiently. He did a great job, that is a gorgeous stone and I''m sure you''ll find a setting you
30.gif
. The Grace is gorgeous IMHO
9.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 6:59:20 PM
Author: joflier
Lol - big sister, indeed!!!! Congratulations!
1.gif

Thank you. I think my diamond studs might be getting jealous, but they have to learn to share the spotlight ;-)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, babeeeeeeeee!!! GORGEOUS diamond, LFC!!!

And I can''t wait to see what you decide as regards a permanent home for it. I am a''lovin'' my Grace setting, that''s for sure!
30.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement, your ring is beautiful and looks perfect on your hand.
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Bella_mezzo and bling addict -thank you

LinnB - Thank you soooo much. I love your reaction!!! I am so glad you are loving that Grace setting and so happy that it was made an option for others to consider.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 1:39:36 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Showing off the icy white.

He bought the ring over hidden in an ice chest. His mother jokes that the ''ice was hidden in the ice chest.''
Your ring is beautiful. I love how white your "F" color stone is. It looks so pure! Your fiance did a great job. 1.14 is a really nice size too. An Ideal cut VS2, F stone is to die for! Congrats on your engagement. Personally, I love a simple setting that lets the center stone be the star, especially one as nice as yours!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
He did a marvelous job!!!!! Sneaky, but marvelous
2.gif

Stunning stone, Brian can just pick ''em can''t he!!!
36.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WHAT A BEAUTY...CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif

Lori

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ltl- Missed this until now, but I am so thrilled for you! Your diamond is absolutely lovely. Loved the story; your bf certainly worked hard on your ring! Congratulations to you both
36.gif
36.gif

Are you still considering Leon at all? I know you have been dissuaded by recent events, but you''re considering a setting would be extremely difficult for him to misconstrue. And there is no solitaire that rivals his, IMO...
30.gif

Beautiful stone!It looks gorgeous as a solitaire with the plain band. Congratulations on your engagement.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2009 10:49:18 PM
Author: hearts-arrows_girl
Date: 12/20/2009 1:39:36 PM

Showing off the icy white.

He bought the ring over hidden in an ice chest. His mother jokes that the ''ice was hidden in the ice chest.''
Your ring is beautiful. I love how white your ''F'' color stone is. It looks so pure! Your fiance did a great job. 1.14 is a really nice size too. An Ideal cut VS2, F stone is to die for! Congrats on your engagement. Personally, I love a simple setting that lets the center stone be the star, especially one as nice as yours!

Thanks. It is actually kind of funny how I ended up with a VS2. My FI read the thread about the vendors definition of "eye clean." They were all too complicated for him to remember except for one. That was Leon''s which was "VS2 or better." He thought to himself, "now that is something I can remember" so he went in asking for a VS2 diamond or better. Part of me wants to smile and explain to him that the clarity grades are done under 10x and don''t take into account what the eye sees, but I kept my mouth shut because my diamond is eyeclean. Plus I wanted a VS diamond for the mind clean issues because I have sharp vision.

As for the color, I don''t think he was planning on a F. He liked the diamond and than found out it was an F. But I think he might have been color sensitive. The only other stone he liked was an E. I wanted a G-H stone originally, but I am very happy with the choice he made.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 9:55:06 AM
Author: icekid
Ltl- Missed this until now, but I am so thrilled for you! Your diamond is absolutely lovely. Loved the story; your bf certainly worked hard on your ring! Congratulations to you both
36.gif
36.gif

Are you still considering Leon at all? I know you have been dissuaded by recent events, but you''re considering a setting would be extremely difficult for him to misconstrue. And there is no solitaire that rivals his, IMO...
30.gif

Leon is not out. But I was never really considering him for a solitaire. I originally wanted a pave setting, but now that I have the stone, I like the solitaire look. I thought he was going to get a stone that was about 6.3mm in diamater, and I got one that was 6.7mm in diameter
3.gif
. Even though the stone looks great as a solitaire, I am not sure how good Leon''s solitaire would look with a 1 ct stone. I always thought Leon was perfect for the 1.5 and up stones (and I have seen some around 1.3 that are lovely), but his setting is so simple, and might be too simple for my stone. He is still my top choice for a wedding band because I want a diamond band and I like the look of his single cut diamonds. But if Brian Gavin is willing to work with single cut diamonds, I would consider him as well. I still want a Leon ring, I am just thinking he might be better for one of my colored stones. That way if something were to go wrong, it would not be a ring that has a lot of meaning for both me and FI.

Thank you for the nice complements. He did work hard to get this ring. I went and got a manicure today, and got a ton of compliments on it. You forget how much PS skews your thinking. The lady next to me told me it was "huge." My first thought was "a 1 ct huge" but than I remembered, to most people it is.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
MC -thank you!

honey22 - Thank you, yes he was sneaky, I had no idea he had the ring! He did a good job hiding it from me. Brian does pick some great diamonds. There have been several posted on here recently, and they are all beautiful.

loriken - thank you, I hope things are going well for you.

magickingdomprincess - thank you, I visited your thread, but congrats again on your beautiful e-ring.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I agree on the Leon decision. I think your sapphire or Richard Homer Spess would look smashing in a Leon ring.

We miss you over in CS! Come by and keep us "stoners" company when you get a chance amid all this engagement craziness.
9.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 4:32:00 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I think I agree on the Leon decision. I think your sapphire or Richard Homer Spess would look smashing in a Leon ring.

We miss you over in CS! Come by and keep us ''stoners'' company when you get a chance amid all this engagement craziness.
9.gif

I''ll be back soon. Part of it was that my computer would not connect to the internet at my Father''s house, so I was only logged on about once a day (I have it set to keep me logged in on my computer). Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do over there.

I think my sapphire would be a great choice for Leon. It is going to need to be reset since the bench-man working for my local jeweler mutilated the setting. After that experience, working with Leon sounds like cake.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 8:57:36 PM

We miss you over in CS! Come by and keep us ''stoners'' company when you get a chance amid all this engagement craziness.
9.gif

I''ll be back soon. Part of it was that my computer would not connect to the internet at my Father''s house, so I was only logged on about once a day (I have it set to keep me logged in on my computer). Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do over there.

I think my sapphire would be a great choice for Leon. It is going to need to be reset since the bench-man working for my local jeweler mutilated the setting. After that experience, working with Leon sounds like cake.

I like the Leon color stone idea... in fact, when I set my tsav-to-be, it''s definitely going to be a Leon (I''m saving my pennies
2.gif
)

Still, I think your stone would look great in a LM solitaire... or pave, or BGD solitaire/pave. You know, it will be gorgeous no matter what you decide!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!! I think he did a marvelous job. Congratulations!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! love it and your studs, woooohooo!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Classically beautiful!!!! Congrats on your engagement!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 10:06:05 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 12/28/2009 8:57:36 PM

9.gif

I like the Leon color stone idea... in fact, when I set my tsav-to-be, it''s definitely going to be a Leon (I''m saving my pennies
2.gif
)

Still, I think your stone would look great in a LM solitaire... or pave, or BGD solitaire/pave. You know, it will be gorgeous no matter what you decide!!

Thanks. I am going to take my time deciding. My FI said he will set it once, after that, if I want a reset I am on my own. I really want to get it right the first time.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
joelly - thank you

Skippy - Hey I just was reading your reply and noticed you are at the 20k mark. Congrats! Thank you for the nice complements about my ring and the studs

pospepper - Thank you very much :).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results