shape
carat
color
clarity

My BGD round brilliant beauty!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well, my BF proposed yesterday. And after admiring so many people''s e rings on PS, I am proud to finally be-able to show off my own.

I have a lot of pictures and information to share. So I thought I would do it over several posts and post the pics at the same time. My BF does not post on PS, so he wants me to share his experience.

First I will start with the diamond
1.gif

1.148 ct F VS2 round brillant - Brian Gavin Signature H & A
Cut grade AGS 0
Light performance 0
Polish 0
Symmetry 0

Total Depth 61.4%
Pavilion depth 42.8%
Crown height 15.3%
Crown Angle 34.8%
Table size 56%
Culet 0.4% very small
girdle med to sl thick (ave medium
star/upper ratio 55.45

LTFering1.jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning. Congratulations!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So basically, he spied on me. He went onto the LIW forums and found out what I wanted. He was originally going to get me a stone that was slightly under a ct to save money. But about a month ago we went to TIffany''s and there was a beautiful 90 pointer there. I tried it on, and he looked it, and thought it was too small on my hand
9.gif
. So he decided to get me something just over a caret. This stone is my dream size, and I think it looks perfect on me.

LTFering2.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful, LT!!!!! Congratulations on your engagement!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! It looks perfect on your hand!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
He knew I loved my diamond studs from WF, and that the reason I bought them from WF was because there was a master cutter on staff. Well, after Brian moved on, I still wanted to get my diamond from him, because I really appreciate the quality of his work, and the advancements he has made in diamond cutting. We just both moved to TX, and Houston is not too far of a drive for him. So after "spying" on me on PS, and figuring out what I wanted, he started tracking the inventory on Brian Gavin''s website.

In late November, he noticed a bunch of new diamonds come up. He called and Leslie told hem they had just received a new shipment and set up an in person meeting with him.

LTFering3.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
He told me he had a ton of stuff to do at work and that we could not see each other over the weekend. On a Sunday, he drove to Houston and meet with Brian. He said the meeting lasted over 3 hours. He told me I should have been there because he got a lecture on angles, their relationship to each other, light return. He said he got a "quiz" at the end.

He basically told Brian that I was obsessed with jewelry. He told him that this diamond would be put under a loop and put up on the internet to be judged by a bunch of people who know a ton about jewelry, and that he just wanted to get the right stone.

He than gave Brian his budget and he brought out about "20 stones." By BF said it was a bit overwhelming

LTFering5.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
He looked at all the stones, and sometimes they lost track of which was which (Brian would have to look at the inscription with his loop). He kept coming back to one stone that popped out at him. Brian told him the proportions were good, as well as the cut and clarity, and that my BF had "very good taste."

LTFering6.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
This stone he keep looking at is the stone I have now. My BF and I were both dead set on Leon setting it until a couple recent events happened. When those events happened, I had no idea if he had started looking for a ring. So I showed him the thread, and he was very upset, but I didn''t say to him that Leon was out of the question because I didn''t want to upset him if he had already started making the ring.

Well it turns out he decided not to work with Leon. Instead he got a "temp setting" for the ring. I was not expecting that since I thought my BF wanted to give me a finished ring. But I am so thrilled because I get to design my own setting. He told me if I want Leon, I have to work with him.

My plan is to live with the ring for a month or two as a solitaire and figure out if I am happy with that or if I want a pave band like I originally planned. This diamond is bigger than I thought he would get me, and it shines so much, I think I might want it to be the star.

Be and BF looked at settings, and right now the top contender that we both agree on is Lynn''s Grace setting! We both love the simplicity and the clean lines that setting has. My favorite solitary has been a low set 4 pronged basket setting. The problem was there were so few simple ones out there. I really like the fact the line that goes across the diamond is straight.

LTFering7.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I have more pics, BF wants to know how he did ;-).

LTFering8.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Showing off the icy white.

He bought the ring over hidden in an ice chest. His mother jokes that the "ice was hidden in the ice chest."

LTFering9.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I want to make this one my avatar, but I can''t get it to crop to a square.

LTFering10.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Profile of the temp setting, a simple 4 pronged :)

LTFering14.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
A "real life prospective." I am a size 6 if anyone is wondering. BF says he called the jeweler who did my sapphire RHR to get my ring size, and was than hoping my left and right hand were the same.

LTFering15.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Catching some light on an overcast day

LTFering17.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Po10472 - thank you!

Dani - thank you very much
1.gif

lucyandroger - thanks, I am very happy with how it looks on my hand.

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
So many sparkles! Beautiful & Congratulations

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I''m glad you FIANCÉ had such an easy time working with BGD. Another wonderful review.

Congratulations!!

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 1:38:09 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I have more pics, BF wants to know how he did ;-).
Your hunny did a GREAT job!!
36.gif

Look at all those sparkles!! And arrows galore, even without the H&A viewer!

It looks lovely on your hand - Congrats
21.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Looks great on your hand. You''re so lucky that your FI took such an interest in learning about diamonds and listening to what your preferences were.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is gorgeous, and it sounds like your FI had a great time with Brian.
36.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! Your diamond is beautiful. Can''t wait to see your final setting.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look perfect on you and your bf did great! And...you get to design/pick out your real setting!!! It couldnt get better than
that! Congratulations on your engagement!!! (Pass the word on to your BF)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
So excited - thank you

Travel Goddess - It is going to take me some time getting use to Fiance, but I guess I better get used to it quickly

CaliSun - Thanks - I told him he exceeded my expectations and that is all that matters. I love the arrows. I can see them on my finger. I can''t say that about my little ACA studs

SD lady - thank you

Tiegian - thanks, I am so thrilled that he listened to me

ZoeBartiett - thank you. I think my BF was overwhelmed, but really did enjoy working with him. He has already started trying to sell me on using him for the setting.

April20 - Thank you very much, I have so many options on setting it...it is going to take me some time to decide

Tyty333 - Thank you. I totally agree, I got my dream stone as a surprise and get to wear it, but I get to pick out my own setting. This is truely what I wanted. He could not have done any better!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your e-ring is absolutely gorgeous and looks perfect on you!!!!
36.gif
30.gif

I cropped the picture you wanted to make it an avatar. Let me know if you want a different degree of ''close-up''.

LTFavatar.jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone. Great proportion on your hand too.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 7:26:18 PM
Author: chiquitapet
Your e-ring is absolutely gorgeous and looks perfect on you!!!!
36.gif
30.gif

I cropped the picture you wanted to make it an avatar. Let me know if you want a different degree of ''close-up''.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you, every time I tried to crop it, the diamond got fuzzy

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so happy for you Ltl! It really is a gorgeous diamond. I love it in the solitaire and the Grace setting is perfection. Gives so much room for different bands.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring - the diamond is gorgeous and looks lovely on you! How sweet of your fiance to really do his research and find the perfect stone for you. I think it''s going to look wonderful in the Grace setting. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results